LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Need Help!

ok so heres the deal.... i have a 16 year old son.... (ok well hes my step son by marriage) he came to us the other day and told us that he has been experimenting with a guy... which ok his dad and i are totally cool with no issues there then he came to ME day before yesterday and told me two more things... he has been wearing female clothes and experimenting with cross dressing which once again his father and i are totally ok with but then he told us that he is enjoys wearing diapers..... ok we have hit a snag in the understanding parent dept.....

neither one of us have ever experimented with it and both in our own way kind of find it revolting.... no offense to anyone who does its just the way we feel.... im looking for advice on how to handle this end of the situation with him... if he wants to experiment with it (both his father and i understand he has to experiment to find his sexual identity and figure out what he enjoys....) but neither of us wish to be a part of this.... i talked to him some and he doesnt seem to be interested in reverting back to being a baby or being treated like one he says he just enjoys the feel of diapers.....

his biological mother is still a part of his life and her and her husband know nothing about ANY of this as of yet he is afraid to tell them.... he actually came to me with all of this info and i helped guide him to talking to his father about it all.... but he doesnt want to go to his mother or step father about it because he knows they will freak!!!!!!!!!! and as i said his father and i are totally ok with the bi experimentation and the cross dressing but any ideas on how to handle the whole diaper thing and or how do his father and i adjust to it mentally???? how do we even dicuss this with him without making him feel like we are turning away from him because he enjoys it???? he is afterall a 16 year old with serious hormones raging???? i dont want him to feel like he cant talk to us.... and neither does his dad but right now we are both soooo completely overwhelmed by ALL of this new information he is sharing that we just dont know how to process the information.....

ANY ADVICE????????????????

confused

Just a couple of questions;

1) How do you know he likes wearing diapers for sexual reasons?

2) Do you think he should tell his real mom? You say he "is afraid to" but as an adult what do you think?

3) Why are you so accepting of his bi experimentation and crossdressing, but so upset by his liking for diapers? I don't mean that as a funny question, but diapers aside you sound like the most liberal minded parents I've ever come across.

Beth

well as far as wearing them for sexual purposes..... he has made it clear he wants to wear them because it turns him on...

as far as telling his mother... if he is not comfortable with it then no i think that is a decision he should make on his own which in answering this will answer your third question.... his father and i are both bi and his father enjoys dressing as a fem from time to time which i am totally ok with...... it has never been done in front of my step son he has never been exposed to it from us.... he does not know either of us are bi!!!!! i have a few friends who know that i am bi but that is about it..... my best friend is also bi and she knows about my huband being bi and dressing fem.... so because we have been there done that on that end of it we are totally ok with it if he chooses to live that lifestyle as well.... we have just never done the diaper thing or known anyone who did so it just makes it a weird and i guess in some ways disturbing concept for us to swallow right now.... i mean if he chooses to do it then we are going to accept it.... we just dont know how to be ok with it right now... if that makes any sense...

Just a couple of questions;

1) How do you know he likes wearing diapers for sexual reasons?

2) Do you think he should tell his real mom? You say he "is afraid to" but as an adult what do you think?

3) Why are you so accepting of his bi experimentation and crossdressing, but so upset by his liking for diapers? I don't mean that as a funny question, but diapers aside you sound like the most liberal minded parents I've ever come across.

Beth

I'm a youngin myself, so I'd rather try and not help in the parenting department- I'm sure you know better than I do... but I'd just like to bring up a point that I heard before, and kind of helped me to understand myself, as I just like to wear diapers... and not dress up or anything like that.

Try and think of diapers as a light bondage. If you have a partner and you're wearing, it's their decision on when you'll be changed.. even when wearing alone, you're still contained to your diapers- and you can't use the bathroom, even do certain activities. I know that for people who like to be babied, the loss of a control and choices is what makes them excited. Maybe someone could help explain this better than I can?

I still have no idea why I love wearing, but I sure do.

I'd just like to add that accepting his other habits and lifestyle choices is pretty darn cool of you, and I hope you can figure this one out too. You sound like great parents.

:mellow:

For most of the AB/DL community the desire to wear diapers is a thing that is hard wired into the very core of our being, a part of us that we never asked for, but has always been there none the less.

As such the best advice I can give you is to accept this as part of him (it has been an embarassing part of us, that is hard to talk about with other people), and be as supportive as you can. It shows how much trust he has in coming to YOU about this part of him.

If you think that this is disturbing you might want to study up on what being AB (adult baby) or DL (diaper lover), really is. For one thing, we are NOT child molesters, I don't know why people would think that because we wear diapers then we must be pedophiles. It blows that people would think to associate that with being diapered.

I'm a father, and my son lives in the same home as I do, and has no idea that I even WEAR diapers, he doesn't NEED to know, and that's the way I prefer to keep it. Your step-son then has shown a LOT of trust in you to bring up this subject. In going to you he has opened himself up to you, and that leaves him vunerable to your opinion.

What you have to say may weigh heavily with him, or make him feel wonderful for getting that off his chest, that all depends on what your answer is.

Then are a couple of papers about AB/DL that you could refer to to help your understanding of who we are. One is a paper by Kathy Stringer, and another is by Bittergrey, I think, others here on the site could help direct you as to where you could find them.

Sure, we are fewer in numbers than say, transvestites, but we are here in our own small niche. It doesn't mean that we suffer from some "mental disorder", just that we are a little different than most. I've given it much thought (as most of us here have), and pondered whether it was nature (the way God MADE me), or if it was nurture (the WAY I was raised in early childhood), that made me the way I am. I couldn't tell you why it is, it just is.

Remember that this is something that is just a part of him, the step-son you know and love. We don't know why we are as we are, it just IS. He hasn't let the world know about this, just what friends that he feels confident about, and YOU, whom he obviously trusts. Give this desire of his some thought, and study a little bit about it. He keeps this stuff to himself anyway, so where's the problem there?

My advice? Be supportive and just love him for who he is.

Peace,

Vic ;)

First, I commend you for your support. What I wouldn't have given for that when I was a child <sigh>.

Second, rather than try to recreate the wheel with my own explanations, here are some links to other threads or sites that may help you and his father better understand by explaining far better than I could.

DailyDiapers Boards & Chat > Support > Friends and Family

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showforum=28

Understanding Infantilism -by BitterGrey

http://understanding.infantilism.org/under...infantilism.php

A THEORY ON INFANTILISM by Tommy

http://www.dpf.com/theory.html

Paraphilic infantilism

http://www.answers.com/topic/abdl

Infantilism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantilism

An Introduction to Babyhood

Advice for Prospective Mummies from Baby Janet

http://www.petticoated.com/adviceformummies.htm

Good luck and best wishes!

***HUGS***

Ruffles

well thank you for the compliment and i do too... and i have never thought of it from the bondage aspect of things.. that is definately a way of looking at it....

I'm a youngin myself, so I'd rather try and not help in the parenting department- I'm sure you know better than I do... but I'd just like to bring up a point that I heard before, and kind of helped me to understand myself, as I just like to wear diapers... and not dress up or anything like that.

Try and think of diapers as a light bondage. If you have a partner and you're wearing, it's their decision on when you'll be changed.. even when wearing alone, you're still contained to your diapers- and you can't use the bathroom, even do certain activities. I know that for people who like to be babied, the loss of a control and choices is what makes them excited. Maybe someone could help explain this better than I can?

I still have no idea why I love wearing, but I sure do.

I'd just like to add that accepting his other habits and lifestyle choices is pretty darn cool of you, and I hope you can figure this one out too. You sound like great parents.

thank you for the websites!

First, I commend you for your support. What I wouldn't have given for that when I was a child <sigh>.

Second, rather than try to recreate the wheel with my own explanations, here are some links to other threads or sites that may help you and his father better understand by explaining far better than I could.

DailyDiapers Boards & Chat > Support > Friends and Family

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showforum=28

Understanding Infantilism -by BitterGrey

http://understanding.infantilism.org/under...infantilism.php

A THEORY ON INFANTILISM by Tommy

http://www.dpf.com/theory.html

Paraphilic infantilism

http://www.answers.com/topic/abdl

Infantilism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantilism

An Introduction to Babyhood

Advice for Prospective Mummies from Baby Janet

http://www.petticoated.com/adviceformummies.htm

Good luck and best wishes!

***HUGS***

Ruffles

Vic,

Thank you for ur advice... and i agree with u as far as loving him and being supportive no matter what... and i really am trying... i guess that is why i have started looking info up on it.... and in doing so came across this site and figured maybe talking to ppl who actually do it them selves may help me understand a little better what he is going thru and may in some way help me to help his father with it..... i want to understand it... i want to be able to help him cope with any feelings he maybe having ( from talking to many ppl today thru this site i have heard there is a wide range of feelings and concerns that can run thru a persons head when they enjoy doing this kind of thing) but at the same time i want to be able to help his father cope with it as he is having a very difficult time.... the way i have always looked at things is to each their own.... but with my step son im just worried that if i blow it off for him to deal with on his own there will be serious negative effects..... so im just trying to figure out how to process it all and help him and his father cope!!!!!!!!

:mellow:

For most of the AB/DL community the desire to wear diapers is a thing that is hard wired into the very core of our being, a part of us that we never asked for, but has always been there none the less.

As such the best advice I can give you is to accept this as part of him (it has been an embarassing part of us, that is hard to talk about with other people), and be as supportive as you can. It shows how much trust he has in coming to YOU about this part of him.

If you think that this is disturbing you might want to study up on what being AB (adult baby) or DL (diaper lover), really is. For one thing, we are NOT child molesters, I don't know why people would think that because we wear diapers then we must be pedophiles. It blows that people would think to associate that with being diapered.

I'm a father, and my son lives in the same home as I do, and has no idea that I even WEAR diapers, he doesn't NEED to know, and that's the way I prefer to keep it. Your step-son then has shown a LOT of trust in you to bring up this subject. In going to you he has opened himself up to you, and that leaves him vunerable to your opinion.

What you have to say may weigh heavily with him, or make him feel wonderful for getting that off his chest, that all depends on what your answer is.

Then are a couple of papers about AB/DL that you could refer to to help your understanding of who we are. One is a paper by Kathy Stringer, and another is by Bittergrey, I think, others here on the site could help direct you as to where you could find them.

Sure, we are fewer in numbers than say, transvestites, but we are here in our own small niche. It doesn't mean that we suffer from some "mental disorder", just that we are a little different than most. I've given it much thought (as most of us here have), and pondered whether it was nature (the way God MADE me), or if it was nurture (the WAY I was raised in early childhood), that made me the way I am. I couldn't tell you why it is, it just is.

Remember that this is something that is just a part of him, the step-son you know and love. We don't know why we are as we are, it just IS. He hasn't let the world know about this, just what friends that he feels confident about, and YOU, whom he obviously trusts. Give this desire of his some thought, and study a little bit about it. He keeps this stuff to himself anyway, so where's the problem there?

My advice? Be supportive and just love him for who he is.

Peace,

Vic ;)

Okay I am so sick and tired of people accepting everything else but not the diapers, why do people have to discriminate our fetish? Just leave your step son alone with them. Is he asking you to change him or put one on him? Now you have the right to say no to that.

ok so first of i never said i didnt accept it i simply said i was having trouble adjusting to it.... im not discriminating the fetish or the desire to wear diapers or anything else about it.... if i was i wouldnt be online trying to get more information on it to talk to ppl who do it... to try and find a way to understand it better and hopefully help his father to understand it better........ so back off and dont get nasty with me without a good reason to!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sheesh

Okay I am so sick and tired of people accepting everything else but not the diapers, why do people have to discriminate our fetish? Just leave your step son alone with them. Is he asking you to change him or put one on him? Now you have the right to say no to that.

Sounds to me like he's in a major experementing phase (sex, fetishes, gender identity.) with no real idea what his "thing" is. Be supportive, and let him be.

Dailydi,

yeah to a degree i agree with you... some of this we have seen coming for a while now and none of it honestly surprises us.... just kinda overwhelms us because as he has come to me and talked to me.... hes wanting me to take him to buy the diapers and such and was very upfront yesterday when he asked me to take him and as ive said honestly to each theie own i dont particularly like the idea of it but that is just me... doesnt mean i wont accept him doing it or be supportive of him if its what he chooses to do.... but his father is having a little more of a hard time with it.... so i guess to make it easier on me all the way around im just trying to figure out.... my step son is turning to me to be in his corner about it to his dad and dad is turning to me to try and figure out how to deal with it and i myself have never actually dealt with anyone i knew wanting to do with it so im at a total loss as to be able to help them both with their own respevive issues and not end up the bad guy in all of this...... lol i dont know if that actually makes sense but anywhos...... i guess i just figured talking to ppl who actually do it and kinda gathering their thoughts on it may help me in being there for both my husband and my son in this whole thing......

Sounds to me like he's in a major experementing phase (sex, fetishes, gender identity.) with no real idea what his "thing" is. Be supportive, and let him be.

I don't have much to add as many others in the community have already spoken about this. What I will say is somethings can't be explained, you just have to try it. Go to the local store and buy a pack, try them out! You don't have to use them as not all of us do, but at least you'll have the experience to go off of. You don't ever have to tell your stepson but at least you can truly say to yourselves that you tried it, it's just another kind of underwear :P

Probably the best way we can help you starts with your telling us WHY you feel so weirded out by the diapers part? Is it the "diapers are for babies" mantra drilled into us as kids; or the idea of wetting/soiling yourself?

hmmmm idk i guess maybe kinda both... i havent really stopped to try and figure out what acutally "weirds" me out about it..... both of those have crossed my mind since he has told me but im not totally sure... i guess if i had to pinpoint it right now id say both reasonings kinda rub me the wrong way.... i dont know if that makes any sense ??????

Probably the best way we can help you starts with your telling us WHY you feel so weirded out by the diapers part? Is it the "diapers are for babies" mantra drilled into us as kids; or the idea of wetting/soiling yourself?

That's why I got so upset with her post. I mean I see too many people saying this is weird and then get creeped out by it when they accept other kinks. I don't understand what is so wrong about this fetish people have to freak out about it.

im not freaking out about it i am just trying to understand it... to where everyone in my home is comfortable with it and the fact that my son is doing it........ yeah it kinda weirds me out and the simple fact of the matter is it weirds me out simply because it is not a fettish or a kink or however it is seen that i get into..... im not saying there is anything wrong with it if someone chooses to do it which is why i am trying to learn about it and the thoughts and fears that go along with it so that i can help my son cope with anythoughts that he may have on it and help my husband cope with the fact that it is something my son enjoys and in turn help myself cope with it and help myself to be a little more openminded to it if it is something that my son chooses to do !!!!!!!!!! im not freaking out or down playing it or talking bad about it...... i am simply asking for the views of those who do enjoy it to help me understand it better so that i can be more suppotive of my son!!!!!!!!!! i dont see where there is anything wrong with that or why there is or was any reason for u to freak on me or get nasty with me when i am trying to see it with an open mind and be supportive of it!!!!!!!

That's why I got so upset with her post. I mean I see too many people saying this is weird and then get creeped out by it when they accept other kinks. I don't understand what is so wrong about this fetish people have to freak out about it.

I think you just have to leave him alone with the diapers. Most likely it's just a phase that he'll grow out of or he could be into the fetish itself. Either way you should allow him to experiment in his own privacy and allow him to buy them. If he wants to get them badly enough he'll either steal them or even worse experiment with used diapers that are already in the trash. I would just leave him be since most likely he's already embarrassed that you know anyway he just probably had to get it out because it was just something he needed to get off his chest. I know my parents would be understanding but I'm still embarrassed to tell them.

id like to say i can willingly leave him alone however... he never knew that we knew any of it he came to us willingly and told us.... and as far as leaving him alone and letting him steal them or use "used" diapers sorry not happening..... im glad he told us...... it makes it easier to make sure he is safe as he is experimenting..... just because we dont agree with it or understand it doesnt mean we wont be supportive.... which as i have told ppl a few times throughout today... is why i am on here talking to those who do it so i can learn about it and it will make it easier for me to be open minded and accomodate him as much as possible with it as he is experimenting... this includes ensuring he does not STEAL and doesnt allow someone elses "messes" onto his body exposing him to god knows what!!!!!!!! so no he came to us and i will continue to be supportive of it no matter what my feelings are if for no other reason than to ensure his safety as he explores!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you just have to leave him alone with the diapers. Most likely it's just a phase that he'll grow out of or he could be into the fetish itself. Either way you should allow him to experiment in his own privacy and allow him to buy them. If he wants to get them badly enough he'll either steal them or even worse experiment with used diapers that are already in the trash. I would just leave him be since most likely he's already embarrassed that you know anyway he just probably had to get it out because it was just something he needed to get off his chest. I know my parents would be understanding but I'm still embarrassed to tell them.

id like to say i can willingly leave him alone however... he never knew that we knew any of it he came to us willingly and told us.... and as far as leaving him alone and letting him steal them or use "used" diapers sorry not happening..... im glad he told us...... it makes it easier to make sure he is safe as he is experimenting..... just because we dont agree with it or understand it doesnt mean we wont be supportive.... which as i have told ppl a few times throughout today... is why i am on here talking to those who do it so i can learn about it and it will make it easier for me to be open minded and accomodate him as much as possible with it as he is experimenting... this includes ensuring he does not STEAL and doesnt allow someone elses "messes" onto his body exposing him to god knows what!!!!!!!! so no he came to us and i will continue to be supportive of it no matter what my feelings are if for no other reason than to ensure his safety as he explores!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I am not a parent I can offer no advice;However, as an AB/DL who has an unsupportive family, I can definitely tell you what is most likely to happen should you put your foot down and say "No" or "Not in my house". When my mother told me that it was nearly the end of our relationship.

No one is telling you to leave your stepson to his own devices and turn a blind eye to everything, but assuming he is a definite AB/DL and its not just a phase, it's likely that there is nothing that you can say or do to stop him from doing what he wants.

Im glad for him that you do want to be supportive and are trying to research this to better understand him, and I applaud you for that. I only wish, my parents were as understanding.

Good luck to y'all.

First of all, Confused, I want to thank you for coming to DailyDiapers with your concerns. This site is by far the likeliest place on the internet for you to get mature, helpful answers to your questions. With regard to Spokane Girl's reaction, I assure you that no one on this site has any intention to get nasty. There is a lot of bad press out there for diaper fetishists and age players, to the point where many people will assume prejudice from the get go.

In coming out to you, your step-son was able to overcome any natural expectation of prejudice he may have had in order to be more open with you and live with his fetish comfortably. It was a very brave move on his part, and there is a great deal of maturity in the decision to choose to live honestly with his parents rather than living deceitfully and hiding things from you. Many people never find someone they feel they can "come out" about these kinds of thing to. The fact that he chose you, his parents to tell, rather than a close friend or significant other, is an impressive testament to his confidence in you to love and accept him despite his sexual identity.

I would suggest that you approach him and tell him that if he does not already belong to this message board, he might want to join. There is a tremendous resource of knowledge and experience here that could certainly help guide him through the shame and uncertainty of being different that he is almost certainly feeling. Dealing with such feelings in a healthy way is very important ... there are many people who fall into a binge and purge cycle because of them, denying themselves access to diapers or the diaper community, and then breaking down and desperately trying to fulfill the desires they had been repressing. Then comes the shame at what they have been doing, and it is back to repression; you can see what a problem this binge/purge behavior can become.

As for your own feelings on this kind of thing, don't worry about it too much. He's not asking you to think that him wearing diapers is appealing; he only wants to know that he can feel like your home is somewhere where he can feel secure while wearing them. Even if you find the idea of your sixteen year old son in diapers a little gross, it shouldn't be much of a problem as long as he practices good hygiene. He'll wear them under his regular clothes from time to time, and change them when they need changing. Once you are both more used to the situation, I'm sure that you'll find communicating about any issues that arise much easier. Just give it time and listen to one another, and you'll be fine.

--CBD

i agree with you there because from the stand point of someone who has experienced with fetishes and just being a teenager in general i know the more you are told you cannot do something the more you are going to want to do it and if it truly is a part of who he is is he is told he cannot do it or that it is not welcome in our house that he is going to feel like we dont accept him and that is going to lead to feelings that we dont love him... NEITHER of those are the case..... so yeah this is about the only other thing i knew to do..... so im hoping it works and im hoping that by me doing this and being able to talk to others that do it i can maybe help his father deal a little better with it as well as my self where my son doesnt have to feel like we dont accept him.... and that he will truly understand that he can talk to us about anything and no matter what we will never judge him but always stand beside him on what he chooses to do or be!!!!!!

As I am not a parent I can offer no advice;However, as an AB/DL who has an unsupportive family, I can definitely tell you what is most likely to happen should you put your foot down and say "No" or "Not in my house". When my mother told me that it was nearly the end of our relationship.

No one is telling you to leave your stepson to his own devices and turn a blind eye to everything, but assuming he is a definite AB/DL and its not just a phase, it's likely that there is nothing that you can say or do to stop him from doing what he wants.

Im glad for him that you do want to be supportive and are trying to research this to better understand him, and I applaud you for that. I only wish, my parents were as understanding.

Good luck to y'all.

i have thought a few times throughout today about bringing him on to the site.... i want to talk to his father before i fully open that can of worms but once i had a chance to talk to some of the people on here i have thought quite a few times about it.....

First of all, Confused, I want to thank you for coming to DailyDiapers with your concerns. This site is by far the likeliest place on the internet for you to get mature, helpful answers to your questions. With regard to Spokane Girl's reaction, I assure you that no one on this site has any intention to get nasty. There is a lot of bad press out there for diaper fetishists and age players, to the point where many people will assume prejudice from the get go.

In coming out to you, your step-son was able to overcome any natural expectation of prejudice he may have had in order to be more open with you and live with his fetish comfortably. It was a very brave move on his part, and there is a great deal of maturity in the decision to choose to live honestly with his parents rather than living deceitfully and hiding things from you. Many people never find someone they feel they can "come out" about these kinds of thing to. The fact that he chose you, his parents to tell, rather than a close friend or significant other, is an impressive testament to his confidence in you to love and accept him despite his sexual identity.

I would suggest that you approach him and tell him that if he does not already belong to this message board, he might want to join. There is a tremendous resource of knowledge and experience here that could certainly help guide him through the shame and uncertainty of being different that he is almost certainly feeling. Dealing with such feelings in a healthy way is very important ... there are many people who fall into a binge and purge cycle because of them, denying themselves access to diapers or the diaper community, and then breaking down and desperately trying to fulfill the desires they had been repressing. Then comes the shame at what they have been doing, and it is back to repression; you can see what a problem this binge/purge behavior can become.

As for your own feelings on this kind of thing, don't worry about it too much. He's not asking you to think that him wearing diapers is appealing; he only wants to know that he can feel like your home is somewhere where he can feel secure while wearing them. Even if you find the idea of your sixteen year old son in diapers a little gross, it shouldn't be much of a problem as long as he practices good hygiene. He'll wear them under his regular clothes from time to time, and change them when they need changing. Once you are both more used to the situation, I'm sure that you'll find communicating about any issues that arise much easier. Just give it time and listen to one another, and you'll be fine.

--CBD

Ah, actually, I've just realized ... this is an 18 and over site. He's got another two years before he can get on here. Regardless though, having the community as a resource would probably be a good idea, and there are a lot of other places where one can go. I would not recommend DiaperSpace, but there is a community of blogs out there that is very safe and generally less immature than large messageboard sites. I recommend iHeartDiapers.com. A very nice girl named Adrian runs it, and it is very clean and well written. I have a blog of my own that is a journal of learning to deal with having such an odd set of desires. You can find a link to it in my signature. There is a content warning on it, but that is mostly because people sometimes freak out about the diaper thing and think it is in some way associated with pedophilia. (Which by the way, it is most certainly not.) I try to keep an unintimidating blog that non-diapered people won't be freaked out by. You could check it out yourself if you want. Anybody else got suggestions for safe communities for the under 18 demographic?