LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing Yourself With Only One Hand

does anyone know of a way to change yourself with only one hand? I fell badly on my shoulder and messed up the ligaments monday so I have to keep it in a sling until they do this surgery to repair it. The problem is I can't figure out how to change myself with one hand. My mom has taken it upon herself to help me until I can figure out a way to do it but obviously I really would prefer to do it on my own. So is there anyone with experience of this sort who can kind of walk me through changing myself one handed?

It's really a pain but I have done it before. Not really much to tell as I'm sure you have found out that it's nearly impossible to get those bottom tapes on right for a good fit. You might want to change over to another brand if yours doesn't have resettable tapes. Maybe something along the velcro close brands like assure.Take care and hope you get better soon.

does anyone know of a way to change yourself with only one hand? I fell badly on my shoulder and messed up the ligaments monday so I have to keep it in a sling until they do this surgery to repair it. The problem is I can't figure out how to change myself with one hand. My mom has taken it upon herself to help me until I can figure out a way to do it but obviously I really would prefer to do it on my own. So is there anyone with experience of this sort who can kind of walk me through changing myself one handed?

Wow that is a tough one... I just spent 4 months with that problem (had a shoulder surgery too) and I couldn't solve it. I am in 24/7 so don't bash me but My wife had to change me when she was home all the time and unfortunately for me my oldest son (25) had to take care of me the rest of the time. Talk about embarrassing for the first month...

I am fine with my wife but when I had bowels when she wasn't there I was totally paniced!

You might consider switching to pullups until you regain the use of your hand, if you keep having trouble with the tapes.

i agree on this pullups are your best friend till you get the use of your hand and they do have a wide variety of absorbency on pullups just like diapers there just easier to use till you figure this out

If you prefer something better that's taped rather than the pullups, consider a makeshift pullup.

Arrange the diaper in some somewhat snug briefs, perhaps with a bit of tape. Mom could even

help prep that for you. Then putting on the diaper means putting on the underwear. When I've done

this, I found that if the underwear is snug I don't necessarily have to tape the diaper - and with

the underwear holding the diaper in place it is easier to tape it up.

Try to figure out where the tapes would be if you were wearing the diaper. Then, without the diaper on your body, position the tapes on the diaper. Once you have the diaper taped up slide it on like a pair of underwear. It may take a couple of tries to get it right but eventually you will figure out where to place the tapes.

It's no easy task, I recently broke my wrist :crybaby: , got the cast off just the other day :D . While I had the long cast on, it was virtually impossible to put a diaper on :angry: . Once a forearm cast was put on, it was a little easier :unsure: . Now that the cast is off, I just have to deal with the pain when I twist my wrist to hold the flaps :thumbsup: . Hopfully the physical therapy will lessen the pain. :doctor:

• 2 weeks later...