LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For Those Who Got Into Diapers Only Later In Life...

This is really a question for those people who got turned on to diapers later on life, like way after they became adults.... Just curious what did it for you? What, if anything, was the attraction? Is it that the desire was there the whole time and you never realized it? Or was there a particular reason?

I suppose a story for why I ask is in order... Recently I went to an AB/DL party, and one of the people there was a guy in his 30's who basically came because he had a friend who was into diapers. The guy never had worn before and it sounds like he never really had any strong desire to either. He just came because he was open minded and didn't have much else going on that night. Long story short, I just got a message from him saying that for the first time he wore diapers to sleep... diapers which he purchased himself... and enjoyed it! Or at least he found them comfy.

I guess I find it fascinating more than anything else... As someone who's been a DL for as long as I can remember, and actually sought out diapers, if someone asked me why I like 'em, my answer would be, "I dunno, I've always liked 'em." But it's tough to imagine suddenly getting turned on to them later on in life. I try to imagine myself suddenly getting turned on to wearing womens' underwear, or suddenly having a balloon fetish, or suddenly having a desire to do anything else kinky for that matter, and I just can't picture it. I mean, I wouldn't mind going to a party for something I wasn't into, but I just don't see myself getting into it, like this guy is getting into diapers.

And before I get 20 messages saying that I'm being narrow minded for assuming that everyone else likes diapers for the same reason I do, let me just say that I realize people wear for lots of different reasons. Again, I realize that that, and I'm just curious to hear what those reasons are for people who discovered diapers later in life.

Well, it didn't hit me until I was in my 40's. Must have been hiding in me until the internet came along. Ran across my first diaper group and that was it, I wanted to give it a try. Been wearing on & off ever since.

I would say my main reason for doing it is 90% comfort, and the rest is probably trying to relive an at times miserable childhood. All I know is they feel great. Have on occasion wet in one but for the most part, just like to wear. And as usual, wife doesn't understand so I do it on my own time. I don't plan on stopping, so one day she may figure it out that I'm still doing it. I'm pretty sure she thinks I quit but that is not the case.

i never had an diaper or ab desires at all. I just stumbled across a website one day when i was about 21, well after i had tried most sexual things that i had heard of and that sounded interesting.. found this website, and after i stopped laughing at the big 40 year old guy in a dress with a bonnet and an oversized lollypop with a beard and hairy chest... i thought.. hmm sounds like fun.

that was it.

I wasn't really a DL until my mid 20's, before that the comfort of diapers was their practicality in helping my bed stay dry -_- Even then I didn't just jump in, the process was slow, taking several years before it dawned on me that there was more to this than practicality :mellow: By my mid-30's I knew that I was DL but thought it extremely rare and quite odd until I got online :) And somewhere around 40 I knew what AB, DL, fetish wearing, and role play were, and I finally knew where I fit in :D A decade later I am finally comfortable with who I am, what I do, and why I do it B)

I guess I always knew there was something about diapers that I liked but I didn't know what it was. Not wanting to think about I didn't consider anything beyond my practical need for them. Plus I had gender issues and other issues that overshadowed my DL so much that I didn't have time to consider this issue until later in life. It's better to at least come to terms with yourself late than not at all :rolleyes: and I feel for those who are so scared or worried about their 'strange' desires that they never explore them :( Maybe times does give you a bit of compassion and wisdom ;)

Bettypooh

I think I was around 32 when I started, it was a sexual thing for me. I was into golden showers with my wife, and just thought of this as an extension of that type of play. For me in the beginning it was a way to stay wet longer, now it's also a comfort and stress relief as well. In the early days, I stumbled across the site DPF and found that there were others like me who just wanted to play in diapers (Diaper Lovers).

After that site started going downhill, I went and searched other sites and came here to Daily Diapers. I have been here ever since, and sharing with other like minded individuals is great. Thanks DD :D

Three Rivers

I got into diapers later in life. I won't repeat the whole thing, but if you're interested you can read my response to Have You Boys Been a Girl also in Our Lifestyle Discussion.

diaperpt

I started to wear to Suport my BF. I was 19 at the time. He has been into them for his whole life, I was just openminded enough to try them. I have no emotional, physical, or sexual reaction to them, I suppose you could call it a habbit more then anything else at this time. I have been wearing them for 5 years now.

This is really a question for those people who got turned on to diapers later on life, like way after they became adults.... Just curious what did it for you? What, if anything, was the attraction? Is it that the desire was there the whole time and you never realized it? Or was there a particular reason?

It never really much occurred to me until I was in my 40s. I came across the site. As a gay man, I found that a lot of guys look pretty good in diapers (that said, I don't get aroused by the photos, and diapers aren't particularly sexual for me). That got me to read the boards. I've always been a deliberate pantswetter - have no explanation for that, but as a result, grownups using diapers by choice didn't seem very odd.

Gave it a try for additional wetting opportunities, found I liked wearing them both wet and dry, and now I keep a supply on hand for my enjoyment.

I even had a somewhat younger sibling in diapers when I started the pantswetting, and even then diapers didn't cross my mind.

I figure it was just the right site at the right time.

Not sure why diapers but had the desire sexually when i was young, but had no clue of the fetish or culture till last april. I am not ab but again if I found a girl who was into it then I'd at least try for her, make her happy and who knows, but when I think about the ab side of things, it doesn't do anything for me, but roleplay is fun so who knows.

Not sure why diapers but had the desire sexually when i was young, but had no clue of the fetish or culture till last april. I am not ab but again if I found a girl who was into it then I'd at least try for her, make her happy and who knows, but when I think about the ab side of things, it doesn't do anything for me, but roleplay is fun so who knows.

this pretty much sums up how i came into diapers. i can remember several instances when i was younger where diapers entered a fantasy of mine, but i had no idea why.