LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If It Were Socially Appropriate To Do So, Would You Openly Show Off Your Ab/dl Self?

underwhere

Comfort level of wearing  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear openly and "show off" your diaper if it was socially appropriate to do so?

• Yes, every day, all the time!
    • Sometimes. It would depend on whether or not I felt comfortable with the person or people I was with.
    • Sometimes. It would depend where I was.
    • Uh, no! Never! Even if I knew it was okay, its something I consider private, not something I want to share with the world.
  2. 2. How about other paraphernalia, i.e., pacifiers, adult strollers, AB clothing, etc.?

• Yes, every day, all the time!
    • Sometimes. It would depend on whether or not I felt comfortable with the person or people I was with.
    • Sometimes. It would depend where I was.
    • Uh, no! Never! Even if I knew it was okay, its something I consider private, not something I want to share with the world.

There have been many many discussions on this board (and elsewhere, I'm sure) about why it is completely inappropriate to try to draw other people unwillingly into our kinks. Usually, this question comes up as either a newbie or troll asking the question, and because of the general consensus on the inappropriateness of this type of action or behavior, most people seem to assume, rightly or wrongly, that this question keeps coming up because of trolls coming onto this board. I want to ask a bit of a different question to gauge the comfort level of the participants on this board.

Assuming it was socially appropriate to draw people directly into your kinks, would you want to?

Thoughts and comments anybody?

Snacks99, I phrased my original question in terms of already being socially appropriate. Obviously, right now, it is not, but it it were, would that change how you think about this? I'm less interested in what "other people think". I already mentioned that, at least for right now, there are very very good reasons to NOT show this kind of stuff outwardly, but if society said it was okay to do so (I dunno....it COULD happen ;) ) and you knew you wouldn't offend anybody, would you then do it, or would you still prefer to keep it private?

I put this up as a "you can choose more than one answer per poll question" poll because I thought the two "sometimes" answers did not need to be mutually exclusive, though I would expect the first and last answer for each question would be.

Snacks99, I phrased my original question in terms of already being socially appropriate. Obviously, right now, it is not, but it it were, would that change how you think about this? I'm less interested in what "other people think". I already mentioned that, at least for right now, there are very very good reasons to NOT show this kind of stuff outwardly, but if society said it was okay to do so (I dunno....it COULD happen ;) ) and you knew you wouldn't offend anybody, would you then do it, or would you still prefer to keep it private?

I meant, like, imagine if bondage gear were socially appropriate. People would wear it, although I guarantee the majority of people who would are not people we would enjoy looking at in bondage gear. The same goes for AB/DL. I'm sure there are a lot of people I don't want to see walking around in just a diaper, and I'm sure there are people who wouldn't want to see myself. If that makes any sense...

I understood your question, but my answer is still no.

Good question Underwhere.

When you say socially acceptable, I'm taking it that you mean an adult walking around in a diaper and or baby clothes was seen as no different to say dressing like a punk or something.

I think if that were the case I still wouldn't. Mainly because I think it may lose some of its appeal if I was dressed like it 24/7. If I was always in baby clothes or a diaper, they would just be my normal clothes.......so for me, putting them on would mean nothing anymore.

Beth

Thanks for the 'more than one choice' option, that made it a lot easier to answer :D

Personally I wouldn't intentionally over-expose my diaper but if I felt like it I might let some of the waist show, or wear pants tight enough to make it clear that I had a diaper on underneath :) When and where I did that would make a difference and there are times and places where I positively wouldn't. Years ago I was a punk-rocker and I liked making people uncomfortable with my appearance just to make them think B) In front of the judge I always wore a suit because my lawyer said to ;) I can see someone going in front of a judge asking for lenience wearing only a diaper :lol: You'll get what you ask for if you're not using your brain enough ;) In places where it wouldn't be seen as blatantly trying to cause trouble, wearing a somewhat exposed diaper shouldn't be an issue if that's what you want to wear. In adult-only enviroments a totally exposed diaper shouldn't be an issue either -_-

Actually the same Supreme court ruling in the 80's that overruled anti-crossdressing laws also made diaper wear legal, but in most places you're still going to get hassled about it, either by the 'authorities' or by the public. The usual sticking point is whether a diaper which is legally exposable on a baby as clothing is also clothing on an adult. Fully exposed underwear isn't legal but a bikini bathing suit bottom is. It also bring up the issue whether plastic pants are underwear or an underwear covering which signifies that it is clothing and therefore legal to expose. At some point there is bound to be a defining ruling in the matter but until then whenever you step beyond the social norms for your area in clothing choice, you're risking trouble whether it's legal or not. Don't look to me to be that test case! I'd be interested to her from Angela Bauer to see if there's anything newer on this subject more aimed toward diapers than clothing in general :)

Bettypooh

If it was socially acceptable, I might show it off a little more but I don't think I'd be in AB mode 24/7. I do enjoy wearing more grown up clothes from time to time and lets face it; Its hard to look like you're about to kick some ass or to look metal or to look like you're going to a rave with a diaper and a romper on. It destracts from the mind set that the clothes bring. My long, white, sleeveless chinese gi looks really badass when I wear my sleeveless, dark blue t-shirt and my black jeans and sneakers with matching fingerless gloves. But wearing it with just a diaper on looks really........yeah.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

For me, even if it was socially acceptable I probably wouldn't overexpose my own involvment in it. I would probably be alot less sensitive about when I wore my diapers, probably to the point where I would be basically a 24/7 wearer. I would be alot less worried about whether or not my waistband was peeking out of my pants. I wouldn't be concerned with carrying a diaper bag around. However, the other parts of AB wear would be a bit more of a question. I doubt I would wear anything more babyish out and about than a onesie. Even then it would be just like its a regular tucked in tshirt, not as baby wear. I don't do pacifiers and stuff out in public now, and I don't see how that would change if our lifestyle would become socially acceptable.

I said sometimes to both. First, I don't wear or use often. I would not expose my young children to it, until mid-teenage years. I would not go to work or shopping that way. I sometimes drive my car at night with a pacifier. I would do it during the day. I already spend time outside in visible diapers, but where I won't be seen. I would not worry about being seen from a distance (25 yards or so.) I don't believe I would ever be comfortable in front of strangers regardless of how acceptable it might become.

Gay and Lesbian folk are becoming more acceptable in our society. Still, If I were gay I would maintain a low profile, except for gay hangouts and such.

Much the same I wouldn't advertise my DL status in the general public.

Anondl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My answer depends on what degree of socially acceptable it would be. If we're talking about socially acceptable to the point that nobody thinks twice about someone walking around in only a diaper - in the way that (almost) nobody thinks twice about women wearing pants - then sure, I'd wear diapers in public.

...or then again, maybe I wouldn't be wearing diapers at all, since part of this fetish for me is the taboo aspect of it.

But then there are things that are socially acceptable to do in private, but not in public. Sexy lingerie is sold openly in stores, but you normally can't wear it in public without raising some eyebrows. That seems to be a level of socially acceptable that we might make it to in the distant future, and at that level, no, I wouldn't wear diapers openly in public.

If it was a perfect world I would definately wear ab clothing every day, drink from my bottle on a regular basis and suck on my pacifier 24/7. In this world where it wouldn't creep or weird anyone out. I wouldn't go showing my diaper off intensionally but I would like to wear a diaper and a t shirt around the house because its more comfortable but never out in public I feel thats just wrong no matter how people would accept it.

ok if it where socialy acceptable then i would certainly wear and use a nappy 24/7/365 and id probably have a paccifier in my pocket or mouth most of the time, but as for clothes, i live in england and there are practicalities to concider, it is frequently cold and/or raining so id need to wear adequate clothes to keep myself warm and dry (well as i like a wet nappy i like the rest of my clothes to be dry and i hate being cold)

also i work in the building industry so again boots gloves etc...

hmmm, good question. I think I would share my AB/DL side with a handful of people be not everyone in general it's to much of a private thing for me. But it would be kinda nice to be able to wear around some of my friends. Cause like most people on here I find diapers to be comforting and makes me feel safe and secure.

• 3 months later...

I guess I'm the freak. I already walk around with a stuffed animal and pacifier. I already chill on my deck in a diaper and shirt. I already let my girlfriend know I need a diaper change in the middle of wherever without care as to who hears me.

*shrug* I don't care what people think. I'm awesome, and all who judge me suck!