LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Real Age

I just noticed that my profile had my age listed incorrectly. I went to check my settings, and apparently, the board does not update according to the optional birthday setting (if set), but updates, instead, according to a separate field designating "REAL age". I've been 31 since my birthday (September 9) but my profile still had me listed as 30.

So here is a question: Why is the "REAL Age" field in profiles reflective of a separate field other than one's birthday? It seems odd I should have to update my age every year rather than having that done automatically for me by the software which should be able to recognize my birthday. I understand that some people have a "PLAY age" which is different, but that could be handled separately, I'm sure.

I constantly remind people on their birthday wishes post to update their Real Age in the profile. It's not all that big of a deal I mean it's just once a year, and it's not like you can forget the day. Many people don't put their real age in the spot once they are verified, been a topic of discussion many times.

I don't think the entry of your birthday is equated to the cell of real age for automatic updating. The birthday entry does automatically appear in the forums on your Birthday for others to see on that special day though.

I'm not saying it is difficult to update (it's not), just that if I have taken the time to fill out my birthday in the appropriate field, I think it would be a reasonable expectation from me, as well as others who do the same, that it would be updated on the designated day. It's hardly any extra work for me to do, but it is something I was not expecting to need to do, and I suspect that many other people here are similar in thought.

Such reminders might be out there, but that doesn't mean people will find them at the appropriate times.

This is true, but the point I was trying to make is the software for the board may not have that feature to do it automatically. Thus leaving it up to the board mod's which to me seems alittle much for them to have to police that area. When you look at all the people who log on here regularly, then to the Thousands who don't, it's just easier to notice how old YOU are every time you post.

Even if the board can do it automatically, Like I said before people (some) choose to put their own twist on that entry, thus the reason that it may be disabled if in fact it's even possible. I took the mission up quite a while back at sending the board regulars if you will, Birthday greetings on the forum proper. If I notice that say someone is active but hasn't been on in about a month I will PM their birthday wishes to them with a reminder.

If someone hasn't been logged on in over 3 months I generally will do nothing.....Hey it's my system, it's not perfect but I try to do my best. Every once and awhile a birthday gets by me but for the most part I try and do it every day.. Cheers!

And i like all Repaid's birthday wishes...

I don't really see like it's that big of deal if you have to change your age once a year... and if it's not actually ON your birthday, so what... you'll remember eventually... hopefully.

There are just more important things that need to be worked out first.

-Sophie

The Real Age profile field is an opptional one I put in, not a software controlled one. The software controlled one isn't publicly displayed, so I had to go through the admin to research every user suspected of being underage. Adding the public field was for my benefit and the benefit of those wanting to know the person they are talking to is an adult.

It also catches a lot of underage posters as kids are silly and tell the truth on forms :)

Sorry you have to hand update it, don't think there's a way to fix that.

There is a way to rig it, but it would require rewriting the whole program... it'd be unnecessary and inconveniencing.

-Sophie

...and probably would get reversed everytime Invision logs in to update the software :)