LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking For A Good Daytime Disposable

Guest YkDave

Hey guys (and girls!), just wondering what your opinions are on a good daytime disposable. Im not a fan of pullups, i prefer breifs.

I currently have a stash of abena xplus's but those are a little too bulky for my liking as a daytime diaper. I dont have alot of selection locally so i will probably have to order whatever it is (all i can get locally is depends and store brand, on rare occasions attends which i didnt mind)

I was thinking of trying some of the other breifs in the abena linup but dont want to order up a whole case (best way to buy!) only to find out that they are not up to the task or have crappy tapes (i dont know why everyone complains about the tapes on the x-plus, mine have been super strong and awesome)

Plastic backing is a must, as with 98% of my fellow ab/dls its just gotta be plastic to be a diaper! Though i dont want anything thats super loud, thats one thing i like about the x-plus, its nice and quiet but the bulge definately gives it away and forget about hiding it when its wet, it looks like ya got a beachball in your pants!

I also have cloth diapers that hide well under my clothes, but when i put them on that skimpy they wont take much of a wetting and definately wont be any good for a whole day!

One last requirement is that i must be able to order them in canada. Aside from the fact that i dont really want these going through customs under my name(yes, for whatever reason, im still a little shy with this side of me), all of the border fees and BS charges really add up!

Well, pipe up guys!

I wear Molicare plus daily, but peoples frames are different. Nobody has really noticed the bulk, at least for the bad. You might wanna try molicare classics, they are about half as thick and about the same in the absorbancy as that of a Molicare Plus. The are a pretty cool blue color too!

hmmm, ive always wanted to try some molicares, but i havent come across an online store in canada to buy them as i cant get them locally.

Anyone using the abriform plus or super?

I might just order up a bag of the plus's from b4ns and see how they are.

It's just possible that you are wanting a little too much. Unless the disposable diaper is fairly thick, I doubt that you would be able to go all day in it without leaking or needing to change unless you don't wet that much. As you yourself said, the better disposables like X-Plus swell up and look like a beach ball under your pants when wet. I also like plastic backed disposable diapers but they are getting harder and harder to find since it seems like "discreetness" and "Cloth-like" backing is the new trend now days. Most of the thinner diapers I see available are store brands and they seem to be cloth backed now. Even a modestly thick disposable diaper with plastic backing (somewhere between thin and thick) will not last a day without changing if you wet it a few times. A perfect day diaper for your (and my) needs would need to be thin enough so as not to be noticable even under thin shorts when fully wet, plastic backed but not so noisy that people other than my own self would hear it, comfortable and able to hold a whole day of wetting without swelling up or leaking. I just don't believe there is such a thing, at least not at this time. If anyone knows different, please let us know!

ok, maybe i had worded it a little wrong (internet tends to do this kind of thing)

It doesnt have to last for 12hrs worth of soakings, just something thats half ways discreet (with plstic backing, cant be too discreet now!!) and can take a wetting without leaking before a guy can get a change!

I'd say go with the Abena Super if you like the X-plus and they fit you well. There still is a plastic based version and they hold quite a bit for being much thinner then the X-plus. You can get a bag of 22 for about $30 through www.abaip.com who is where I buy mine from.

I bought a case of Abena Supers recently, and it's a nice diaper. They're basically everything there is to like about the X-Plus, but with the padding not so thick. (For starters, you won't feel like there's a board strapped between your legs.) They're definitely more discrete, and but I've noticed (and didn't realize this at first due to it being summer) they are still a little bulky under jeans, at least for me. It's not a big problem, because you wouldn't want to go too much thinner. They're way beyond Depends and similar cheap diapers. At the same time, I have noticed two things. Being less generous in the front, they don't take a flood when sitting as well as the X-Plus, and sitting on a hard surface for a length of time causes them to leak unless I use an extra soaker, which is also not true for the X-Plus. (Molicare Super Plus also leaks for me, just for comparison. <_< ) But (as others have said), unless you're willing to wear sweat pants everywhere, X-Plus diapers just aren't reasonable attire in many situations. Give the Supers a try. I think you'll like them.

Being an Abena fan I have tried both the supers and the extras. These are far superior to anything you might find locally IMO. For your daytime needs I think the supers would be perfect. I wear the extra's during the day but I don't really worry about the bulk as I usually wear sweat pants or other loose fitting pants while I am using daytime diapers.

I am also a big fan of Attends but they tend to crinkle a bit louder than the Abenas during normal wear. Attends might be cheaper in the long run for you but if you can't find them locally then it really isn't worth buying them over the Abena's.

Us Canadians can now buy Secure X-Plus from the Canadian Bambino's distributor:

http://www.creatingyourdesires.ca/collecti...cure-x-plus-bag

I haven't tried them yet, but I have ordered bambino's from her and I've work them under jeans in public and haven't had anyone notice.

*huggles*

Michelle

• 1 month later...

Abena xplus all the way for me. I have used a pair of compression shorts to help hold it close to the body and thus hide the bulk a little under the jeans as well. It also might be of some help if you wear a slightly longer shirt to help cover it up a little more too, although your job's dress code may be different than mine. I will say however, that i havent had any problems as far as it being noticed and if it has been they haven't made mention of it to me. The guys I work with would have a field day with me if they ever found out but to be honest im not really concerned with them finding out.

Abena xplus all the way for me. I have used a pair of compression shorts to help hold it close to the body and thus hide the bulk a little under the jeans as well. It also might be of some help if you wear a slightly longer shirt to help cover it up a little more too, although your job's dress code may be different than mine. I will say however, that i havent had any problems as far as it being noticed and if it has been they haven't made mention of it to me. The guys I work with would have a field day with me if they ever found out but to be honest im not really concerned with them finding out.

I would love to wear my X-plus's during the day, but like i mentioned in my first post, im looking for something a little different for the day.

I find that the Abena x-plus's tapes are not 'great' (decent, but they could do better) and they are a little too bulky and uncomfortable for me to be wearing all day.

But... I recently tried a couple samples of bambino and secure x-plus (same thing pretty much, if not identicle) and im thinking those would be a good daytime diaper for me. The tapes are awesome, they hold a fair ammount (nothing like the abena though) and they fit me alot better (alot more comfortable)

I think im going to order up a case of the secure x-plus and give them a whirl for a daytime diaper, so far i love them. I would go with the bambinos, but recent posts have been saying they are cheaping out on the tapes/elastics on the latest shipments and really i doesnt bother me to not have the fancy print...