Pull-ups man

Republican or Democrat?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. who will/would you choose to vote

• Obama
    • McCain
    • Someone else (who?)

LOL, UCLA Berkley? Doesn't exist.

Ok, just a little hint, you just mixed 2 schools together that only share 2 things - they are both a part of the University of California (UC) system, and they are in California. UCLA is University of California, Los Angeles. UC Berkley is in northern California. UC Berkley is also known as Cal or Cal Berkley. And Berkley is known for it's liberal views. UCLA, however, is not so much.

I lived in California for 19 years so I do know what I am talking about.

I found the movie amusing. I'm taking it for what it is, just something to throw out issues in a satirical nature.

LOL, UCLA Berkley? Doesn't exist.

Ok, just a little hint, you just mixed 2 schools together that only share 2 things - they are both a part of the University of California (UC) system, and they are in California. UCLA is University of California, Los Angeles. UC Berkley is in northern California. UC Berkley is also known as Cal or Cal Berkley. And Berkley is known for it's liberal views. UCLA, however, is not so much.

I lived in California for 19 years so I do know what I am talking about.

I found the movie amusing. I'm taking it for what it is, just something to throw out issues in a satirical nature.

Mike, after all of the posts I have ever done, this is going to be one of those posts that is completely opinion. Who cares about berkley or any of those asshats. The majority of the U.S. looks down at cali as the state of hippies and psychos. You want to know what I'm talking about take Boulder, Colorado and multiply it 3 times, and make it a whole state and wham! you have cali.

By the way just found this:

I just have to say holy shit! :o

Mike, after all of the posts I have ever done, this is going to be one of those posts that is completely opinion. Who cares about berkley or any of those asshats. The majority of the U.S. looks down at cali as the state of hippies and psychos. You want to know what I'm talking about take Boulder, Colorado and multiply it 3 times, and make it a whole state and wham! you have cali.

By the way just found this:

I just have to say holy shit! :o

Gee. That was -really- sensible. You haven't actually spent any time in CA, have you? The cities are either apathetic or liberal. The countryside, which, in California, is massive, is actually quite conservative. Berkeley, actually, as a good example, is almost half very, very conservative and that very, very conservative half is absolutely fed up with the antics (and that's a scarily accurate word, due to the disgusting trendiness of their dittoheaded protests) of the college and surrounding community.

Frankly, those of us native Californians who are levelheaded know more about it than you do. And, yes, that was a stab at your credibility, unlike the person who you told to drop it and wasn't pointing out your lack of credibility but instead the lack of credibility of the current regime.

But, again, your opinion seems to be based more on hatred for another party than reality so please, stereotype away just, basically, because you're just as bad as the idiots who proclaim that everything between CA and New York is "flyover" country.

Whatever, though. Hate away. It's what you "my side of the fence is better" folks do best. Hate hate hate. While the country goes into the crapper, I hope you all have a splendid time doing exactly what you're doing blaming the other guy instead of actually trying to fix the problem. Leave my state out of it, though, please. You're woefully ignorant of what our political makeup is and you just showed it.

Gee. That was -really- sensible. You haven't actually spent any time in CA, have you? The cities are either apathetic or liberal. The countryside, which, in California, is massive, is actually quite conservative. Berkeley, actually, as a good example, is almost half very, very conservative and that very, very conservative half is absolutely fed up with the antics (and that's a scarily accurate word, due to the disgusting trendiness of their dittoheaded protests) of the college and surrounding community.

Frankly, those of us native Californians who are levelheaded know more about it than you do. And, yes, that was a stab at your credibility, unlike the person who you told to drop it and wasn't pointing out your lack of credibility but instead the lack of credibility of the current regime.

But, again, your opinion seems to be based more on hatred for another party than reality so please, stereotype away just, basically, because you're just as bad as the idiots who proclaim that everything between CA and New York is "flyover" country.

Whatever, though. Hate away. It's what you "my side of the fence is better" folks do best. Hate hate hate. While the country goes into the crapper, I hope you all have a splendid time doing exactly what you're doing blaming the other guy instead of actually trying to fix the problem. Leave my state out of it, though, please. You're woefully ignorant of what our political makeup is and you just showed it.

Right ok anyways enough from the peanut gallery lol. What a completely pointless post about party lines, hate, bla bla bla on a personal opinion. So what if I don't like Cali, get over it. Cry and complain less :crybaby:

Believe It.

Right ok anyways enough from the peanut gallery lol. What a completely pointless post about party lines, hate, bla bla bla on a personal opinion. So what if I don't like Cali, get over it. Cry and complain less :crybaby:

Believe It.

Learn to differentiate between when your opinion is based on fact and pulled from your nether regions, then. As for party lines, if you don't want to be accused of being a dittohead, don't be one.

Learn to differentiate between when your opinion is based on fact and pulled from your nether regions, then. As for party lines, if you don't want to be accused of being a dittohead, don't be one.

Oh noes I got called a dittohead! i r hurt! c4ll teh hospitil!

Have a nice day Leilin! ^_^

The ONLY opinion in my post is the last line. Even then I admitted it is satire throwing out issues.

Second, it doesn't matter what the rest of the country thinks about California. I lived there, I have my own opinion. Guess what, I lived in a major population center there for 19 years (Inland Empire), and it's a conservative area. Only 3 counties in Southern California voted Democrat in 2004 (Los Angeles, Imperial, Santa Barbara).

I was hoping this would be a debate. Especially since I haven't discussed my political views yet, except possibly to put out that I'm a moderate. But I see a lot of propaganda from both wings and wonder if this is not what I thought when I started posting in this and the other political thread. Instead, this thread has strengthened my belief the current two parties don't work anymore as is.

If this thread can turn around and become an actual debate, I may come back. But when it's really slamming the Republican Party line into everyone's head, it isn't worth the time.

The ONLY opinion in my post is the last line. Even then I admitted it is satire throwing out issues.

Second, it doesn't matter what the rest of the country thinks about California. I lived there, I have my own opinion. Guess what, I lived in a major population center there for 19 years (Inland Empire), and it's a conservative area. Only 3 counties in Southern California voted Democrat in 2004 (Los Angeles, Imperial, Santa Barbara).

I was hoping this would be a debate. Especially since I haven't discussed my political views yet, except possibly to put out that I'm a moderate. But I see a lot of propaganda from both wings and wonder if this is not what I thought when I started posting in this and the other political thread. Instead, this thread has strengthened my belief the current two parties don't work anymore as is.

If this thread can turn around and become an actual debate, I may come back. But when it's really slamming the Republican Party line into everyone's head, it isn't worth the time.

My feelings as well. It's just easier to wash one's hands of ugly threads like this.

My feelings as well. It's just easier to wash one's hands of ugly threads like this.

Just like I felt and did with the other one because this one leans to the right whereas the other leans left. However with the other one, my statements were proven fact that I posted where I got my info from. I have yet to see someone on the left side on eighter thread state proven fact yet WE are the ones that are full of propoganda? LOL

My response to that is this McEnroe if you will please:

Oh wsdler don't get me started, if you have read many of my other posts you don't wanna do that dude.

Tip of the Day: Drop it now

Are you 19 or 10? Are you actually threatening me? :lol: Maybe not but it certainly seems like it based on your tone.

Calling my credibility into question and stating things that just aren't true aren't a formula for a good conversation especially with me. If you look at any of my previous posts I have backed them all up with credible sources and proven fact. So since this thread is taking on more of a lighter tone, I'm letting you know and giving you a chance to drop it.

Or what? You're going to type some more? :lol: You're putting words into my mouth and spinning what I said into something completely different in order to serve your own objectives. I never questioned your credibility, I questioned the credibility of the people whom you are defending. I think you need to correlate what's been said with what's actually happened. If you're really 19 you probably wont' remember a lot of it because you would have been about 11 when this administration was put into power. Perhaps you were interested in politics at a young age, I don't know but if you were that would have been a little bit out of the ordinary (kudos to you if that's the case though).

P.S. Yes, you should have learned in freshman English in high school that .com is almost never reliable

I've been online for longer than you've been alive and your comment reveals your arrogance. A certain top level domain does not automatically make something "reliable 99% of the time". Why would you trust an English teacher to tell you about the accuracy, credibility, and reliability on the net? They have absolutely no knowledge on the subject. That's like going to a tailor and asking them to diagnose and treat a physical ailment. If healthcare continues on the path it's currently on it may come to that but I hope not.

and in papers or when trying to verify something .gov .org and .edu are reliable 99% of the time. So yes all of those are much better compared to a .com run by liberal bias.

99% of the time? :lol: Wikipedia (a .org TLD) is notoriously inaccurate. If you researched papers using a source like Wikipedia you've been grossly mislead on a lot of things. What about Craig's List? That's a VERY popular website and it's a org. I suppose 99% of the stuff on Craig's list is reliable.

Have you seen the headlines the past few days? The Bush administration has been saying that the economy is strong, nothing to worry about etc. (not recently but in the past). Guess what, it wasn't strong and there's a lot to worry about. Fact is .org, .com, .edu etc. lends absolutely no credence to credibility or accuracy.

The fact remains, under McCain the rich minority will get bigger tax breaks than the lower class and the middle class which in light of current events will bear the brunt of paying for this economic relief package if it gets passed. Under Obama the people who make the most and bear most of the responsibility (not that folks who signed up for ARMs don't share some of the responsibility for not being able to balance a checkbook but many of them were deliberately mislead) for this current situation will pay more taxes.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/mo...deceptions.html

Now, the above website is one of the most non-partisan websites I've seen. Check it out for yourself. They deal with facts and point out lies, stretched truths, and discrepancies on both sides and there's PLENTY of it to go around from the both of them.

Are you 19 or 10? Are you actually threatening me? :lol: Maybe not but it certainly seems like it based on your tone.

Or what? You're going to type some more? :lol: You're putting words into my mouth and spinning what I said into something completely different in order to serve your own objectives. I never questioned your credibility, I questioned the credibility of the people whom you are defending. I think you need to correlate what's been said with what's actually happened. If you're really 19 you probably wont' remember a lot of it because you would have been about 11 when this administration was put into power. Perhaps you were interested in politics at a young age, I don't know but if you were that would have been a little bit out of the ordinary (kudos to you if that's the case though).

I've been online for longer than you've been alive and your comment reveals your arrogance. A certain top level domain does not automatically make something "reliable 99% of the time". Why would you trust an English teacher to tell you about the accuracy, credibility, and reliability on the net? They have absolutely no knowledge on the subject. That's like going to a tailor and asking them to diagnose and treat a physical ailment. If healthcare continues on the path it's currently on it may come to that but I hope not.

99% of the time? :lol: Wikipedia (a .org TLD) is notoriously inaccurate. If you researched papers using a source like Wikipedia you've been grossly mislead on a lot of things. What about Craig's List? That's a VERY popular website and it's a org. I suppose 99% of the stuff on Craig's list is reliable.

Have you seen the headlines the past few days? The Bush administration has been saying that the economy is strong, nothing to worry about etc. (not recently but in the past). Guess what, it wasn't strong and there's a lot to worry about. Fact is .org, .com, .edu etc. lends absolutely no credence to credibility or accuracy.

The fact remains, under McCain the rich minority will get bigger tax breaks than the lower class and the middle class which in light of current events will bear the brunt of paying for this economic relief package if it gets passed. Under Obama the people who make the most and bear most of the responsibility (not that folks who signed up for ARMs don't share some of the responsibility for not being able to balance a checkbook but many of them were deliberately mislead) for this current situation will pay more taxes.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/mo...deceptions.html

Now, the above website is one of the most non-partisan websites I've seen. Check it out for yourself. They deal with facts and point out lies, stretched truths, and discrepancies on both sides and there's PLENTY of it to go around from the both of them.

Even after just getting a root canal some people can't give me a few days off from the serious posts, I'll make this quick.

It is quite funny how when people have their backs against the wall they always make failed attempts to try to use my age against me. I guess they think it will really do something.

Are you 19 or 10? Are you actually threatening me? :lol: Maybe not but it certainly seems like it based on your tone.....Or what? You're going to type some more? :lol: You're putting words into my mouth and spinning what I said into something completely different in order to serve your own objectives.........

I wasn't threatening you nor did I put any words in your mouth, you posted a bunch of false conspiracy theories and I said "drop it." But you're right, the words you posted REALLY show how immature and young I am.

McEnroe help me out here:

Thanks bud

http://www.isoc.org/internet/history/brief.shtml

So unless you were a military general in WW2, or a researcher at a high level university involved in the development of the modern internet, your statement was a blatent lie, good job with that. The web as we know it wasn't available until 92/93 and I certainly was alive then. Wiki gained .org status because it does have factual pages that are uneditable for businesses and important people such as U.S. Presidents; however, wiki should never be used as a serious source. CL gained .org status because it is an organization that is doing business. DD could become a .org (organization) if it decided to become more than a community of people (.com). Want a source on that? www.dictionary.com just type in .org and .com ;) 99%, of course, is not a literal number, of course you have to use common sense.

Also, to say that PhD's, professors, and educators have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to citing sources makes me want to say something. Johnny if you will please:

Thanks again!

You are certainly right, the people in this country that pay the most taxes will get a bit of a break. They already pay much much more in taxes than you do. Do you seriously think Obama will do everything he says? There is not enough money to possibly give tax breaks to all of these people like he says he wants to do. Clinton said he would do the same thing in 92 and not even a month after being in officer what did he do, he went on national TV and RAISED TAXES. The fundamentals of our economy is strong, if it wasn't, then how would we be supporting most of the world? We tank the world tanks. Since I feel like shit right now I'll get into fastcheck later if you want but it is not a "non-partisan" site lol.

The Pres says there's nothing to worry about huh?

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/09/if_mo...ed_up_this.html

Ya good job on not paying attention.

The people responsible for all of this are mostly democrats and some republicans. Carter with the "Community Reinvestment Act" started it with forceing banks to take on these risky loans, Clinton was the one that signed the bill that lifted the restrictions on wall street, and in 2005 democrats voted no while republicans voted yes to reform fanniemae and others because they saw it coming. Don't be nancy pelosi psycho bitch and blame everything on Bush, do some research dude.

Believe it.

So unless you were a military general in WW2, or a researcher at a high level university involved in the development of the modern internet, your statement was a blatent lie, good job with that.

Actually it wasn't (a lie). One needn't be on the "net" to be online which is what I said. Prior to that there many BBSes and a network similar to usenet called Fidonet. Ever hear of an acoustic coupler? OK, I'm not quite that old but I remember my father using one. The first modem I used had a baud rate of 1200. On a straight download it was nearly 140,000 times slower than my current connection (and connections were frequently dropped).

99%, of course, is not a literal number, of course you have to use common sense.

This is my point. You're making these grandiose statements but you're framing them as if they were facts. The fact is that I can go online right now and purchase a .org TLD and say whatever the heck I want. The fact that something is a .org or a .edu doesn't lend much credence its accuracy, reliability, etc. Although .edu TLDs are restricted the content that goes on them can still be suspect depending upon the subject involved. For science, yes. Generally you'll find the information to be of a higher standard but when it comes to politics there's often bias on both sides. Just because information is being presented in an academic framework doesn't always mean that it's correct. Generally the process will introduce more rigor into the methodology but you can still be mislead or not. It depends. You based your argument solely on the fact that I provided a link to a .com because edu and org TLDs are reliable sources of information "99% of the time". That's a weak argument and I called you out on it. That's all.

Also, to say that PhD's, professors, and educators have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to citing sources makes me want to say something. Johnny if you will please:

I didn't say that. What I was saying was that it's beyond the scope of an English teacher's specialty. You wouldn't get medical advice from a tailor because that's beyond the scope of their expertise. That was my point. Sorry to hear about your root canal but... I'm guessing you had it done by a dentist and not a carpenter (not that the end result feels any different but I betcha going to carpenter probably wasn't high on your list of options :) ).

You are certainly right, the people in this country that pay the most taxes will get a bit of a break. They already pay much much more in taxes than you do.

Yes, they pay more because their payments are based on higher earnings. Why should they get tax breaks just because they earn more? Greed and entitlement come to mind. These kind of policies and that mindset is contributing to the destruction of the middle class in this country. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. If there's no middle class in this country, we're done for. It doesn't make sense to me to give tax breaks to those who need it the least and leave those who need it the most holding the bill. Why should we continue to reward these large multi-national corporations that continue to ship US jobs overseas?

Do you seriously think Obama will do everything he says?

I don't think that's a really strong point as I could ask the same question of you and your candidate and the result would be a stalemate. Yes, as that is a major campaign point I expect him to follow through. If you have no expectations of the candidate you support, why even bother voting? Whether or not he can get such legislation passed through Congress is another point entirely but the country being fed up as it is with the current situation we'll have to wait an see what happens at election time. Bush in the early part of this administration with a Republican Congress pretty much had a free ticket to do whatever he wanted so it's definitely possible.

There is not enough money to possibly give tax breaks to all of these people like he says he wants to do.

What are the numbers to support that statement and what are the sources? The income of the rich (especially large corporations) is totally disproportionate to that of the middle class in this country. I think you'll find it balances out quite well.

Clinton said he would do the same thing in 92 and not even a month after being in officer what did he do, he went on national TV and RAISED TAXES.

Yes, that was Clinton, this is Obama. Two different people. As for Clinton's hike the bulk of the increase fell on the top 1 to 2% of earners. For the sake of argument though Clinton also left us with a rather large budget surplus where as Bush.... not so much.

The fundamentals of our economy is strong, if it wasn't, then how would we be supporting most of the world? We tank the world tanks. Since I feel like shit right now I'll get into fastcheck later if you want but it is not a "non-partisan" site lol.

The fundamentals of our economy aren't strong right now. We are in some serious danger. I do think we'll come out but the economy, fundamentals included, are on some pretty shaky ground. You're absolutely right in saying that if we tank the world tanks. In the news yesterday many countries around the world are feeling and reacting to what's going on over here (including issuing their own "bailout" packages... not the best word for it but that's the hot buzz word, Ireland comes to mind). Canada's economy is being hit because of the housing market here as orders for lumber have dropped (not as many new homes being built) and they are seeing layoffs in the auto manufacturing industry as car sales are down over here.

The Pres says there's nothing to worry about huh?

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/09/if_mo...ed_up_this.html

Ya good job on not paying attention.

Again, you're twisting my words around and putting your own spin on it to serve your own objectives. I specifically said:

"The Bush administration has been saying that the economy is strong, nothing to worry about etc. (not recently but in the past)."

Your link is to a September 2008 article. 'If money isn’t loosened up, this sucker could go down,' President Bush declared Thursday

Right back at ya, good job on not paying attention. ;)

The people responsible for all of this are mostly democrats and some republicans. Carter with the "Community Reinvestment Act" started it with forceing banks to take on these risky loans, Clinton was the one that signed the bill that lifted the restrictions on wall street, and in 2005 democrats voted no while republicans voted yes to reform fanniemae and others because they saw it coming. Don't be nancy pelosi psycho bitch and blame everything on Bush, do some research dude.

Believe it.

The Community Reinvestment Act was created because banks were discriminating against giving loans to people who could otherwise afford them because of the neighborhoods they were in. John McCain shares a lot of the blame for this current fiasco as he was one of the folks (the other being Phil Gramm) who authored the law (Commodities Futures and Modernization act) allowing the unregulated trade of all this bad debt. That is one of the main reasons why we are where we are now. In the eighties the Republicans fostered the environment with deregulation that led to the savings and loans scandal which resulted in a taxpayer funded bailout to the tune of $160 billion. John McCain had his hands in that mess as well.

I didn't say that. What I was saying was that it's beyond the scope of an English teacher's specialty. You wouldn't get medical advice from a tailor because that's beyond the scope of their expertise. That was my point. Sorry to hear about your root canal but... I'm guessing you had it done by a dentist and not a carpenter (not that the end result feels any different but I betcha going to carpenter probably wasn't high on your list of options :) ).

lol I might as well have gone to a carpenter, good post btw, I'll get back to you tommorrow, I'm going back to bed.

Night DD.

P.S. I just tried to get a picture with my phone of it but you can't see anything significant mostly because of a lack of light. It just looks like a regular tooth filling at the moment. Maybe I'll get a gold crown because then I can be a homie yo. Hey maybe I can get a picture of the xrays eh? Would anyone be actually interested in seeing that!?

lol I might as well have gone to a carpenter, good post btw, I'll get back to you tommorrow, I'm going back to bed.

Night DD.

P.S. I just tried to get a picture with my phone of it but you can't see anything significant mostly because of a lack of light. It just looks like a regular tooth filling at the moment. Maybe I'll get a gold crown because then I can be a homie yo. Hey maybe I can get a picture of the xrays eh? Would anyone be actually interested in seeing that!?

Peace... feel better soon. Enjoy the Vicodin. :D (personally I can't stand the stuff... it only delays the pain, take your pick... pain now, or pain later in the form of the massive cantelope sized dump you'll have to take later :lol::o You just can't win)

Hey Wsdler and the rest of you that are expecting a long post from me. Right off I'd like to thank you Wsdler for the best wishes on getting better and I am feeling better. I gotta say that your post Wsdler was excellent and it is very nice to see people post that know what they are talking about. It isn't who you're voting for to me, it is why you are voting for that person.

Instead of making some long post I'm just gonna say this. Expect no more posts from me. While I was sick I realized how much my being a DL was getting in the way of my life. I am now seeking psychiatric help and in our first meeting she had me write out a list of easy things I can ease off of doing and posting on DD is one of the easiest things I can stop doing.

I wish you all the best with your lives and good health!

Wsdler you can take this as a win if you want ;):P

Take it easy and Goodbye DD,

Greg G.

Hate is a powerfull word. I hope nobody hates me.

I am pissed off at the government:

These assholes could care less about national security. There needs to be a wall between the US and Mexico.

These assholes want us to foot the bill for criminal activity on Wall Street. These CEOs made millions while screwing the public.

These assholes won't let us recover our own oil.

These assholes want to tell me where I can set my thermostat.

These assholes want me to drive a Yugo while they fly around in private jets! Kiss my ass Algore!

These assholes believe that inflating tires and tuning up engines would put a big dent in our energy problem.

These assholes want to increase my taxes.

These assholes want the economy to be bad to get a black Muslim Communist in the Oval office. They did the same thing to get FDR elected. The Democrats prolonged the depression!

These assholes believe that government is the answer to everyones problem.

Asshole Obama wants to lower capital gains taxes on small business. Asshole Obama didn't realize that small business pay no capital gains tax.

Asshole Biden believes that FDR went on TV in 1929! There was no TV in 1929. The president was Hoover.

These assholes twisted the bank's arms to make sub-prime loans to people that should be renting! Nobody ever talks about preditory borrowers. These assholes got home loans with no intention of paying the note! It takes a year to forclose. How about free housing for a year while leaviing the bank holding the bag?

What sort if ignorant asshole signs off on a variable rate loan? That is giving the bank the authority to charge whatever interest rate they want! These ARMs should have been illegal!

I survived the Jimmy Carter era. I don't see interest rates at 18 percent now! Obama is a repeat of Jimmy Carter. I remember the double digit inflation and the double diget un-employment all too well.

I actually agree with you on something for once lol. Most of this is true...the only difference is is that you angle it towards Democrats only. As of late, both sides are basically the same now. Look at what Bush has done, and McCain is not much better than Bush or Democrats.

-Sky

Look the bottom fell out on Wall Street today. Obama and McCain were both wrong. The bailout is bullshit. The politicians (mostly Democrats) sold us out. My 401K took a 15,000 dollar hit today.

I actually agree with you on something for once lol. Most of this is true...the only difference is is that you angle it towards Democrats only. As of late, both sides are basically the same now. Look at what Bush has done, and McCain is not much better than Bush or Democrats.

-Sky

The sooner you all realize that democrats and republicans are both the same cogs in a huge political machine the better off we will all be and the sooner we can truly change for the better. In all of this crisis there is not a democrat or republican talking about how to control the government's reckless deficit spending. The only difference between democrats and republicans is a few selected polarizing social issues that government has no business being involved with in the first place. Bob Barr (libertarian) has my vote.

I would vote for the libertarian candidate but it would be allowing Communist Obama in to the Oval Office. I despise Obama with a passion!

The ideal candidate was Ron Paul.

The sooner you all realize that democrats and republicans are both the same cogs in a huge political machine the better off we will all be and the sooner we can truly change for the better. In all of this crisis there is not a democrat or republican talking about how to control the government's reckless deficit spending. The only difference between democrats and republicans is a few selected polarizing social issues that government has no business being involved with in the first place. Bob Barr (libertarian) has my vote.

unfortunately redneck the powers that control the cogs of our government do not want to allow *any* candidate that will bring substantial change to the status quo in our government. They have power now ( corporations and special interest ) and they will keep a death grip on it now. I've been a registered libertarian since 20 btw.

Ok indulge me in a quick rant. I've been reading the federalist papers lately and I must say the government envisioned by Alexander Hamilton and his counterparts when he was writing as Publius in the east coast newspapers is radically different from what we have now in America. I believe we are long overdue for a overhaul and strip down of our federal government including (but not limited to) quite a few social programs. The corruption, greed, and disregard for human life inside our government is deplorable and should not be tolerated.

I would vote for the libertarian candidate but it would be allowing Communist Obama in to the Oval Office. I despise Obama with a passion!

The ideal candidate was Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is scary in some ways - a very strict Constitutionalist, which I think is good, but I hate his ideas on government being involved in society (abortion, gay marriage, etc).