LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diapers

Guest sally diaper washer

Guest sally diaper washer

i know most baby used throw away diapers but my boy friend like to wear cloth diapers .some times i used cloth diapers on the weekends .i dont mine changing his wet diapers .over the weekend he soil himself 2 or more times .how do i get these diapers clean.i have gone as far as wearing rubber gloves throwing his shitty diapers in the sink and scrubbing them on a wash board like gramdma.any one has a idea on how to clean shit stains diapers. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bleach is not a good idea with cloth diapers. It wears them out really quickly and the reason a lot of people buy cloth is because they are very economical. Bleach breaks the diaper down and eventually winds up falling apart after a couple months of use depending how much you bleach them. If you know your boyfriend is going to soil his cloth diapers, I recommend buying some cloth inserts especially for this purpose. That way if they're stained it really doesn't matter, they're not going to be showing. All that matters then, is that they're clean.

I am incontinent and wear cloth sometimes. I buy packs of cloth baby diapers, made of birdseye gauze at wal mart. They I use them as a stuffer in the rear of the diapers. If I mess, they catch it, and being a loosly woven material it rinses out pretty good. Then I just toss them in the diaper pail with the rest of my diapers, and wash them in a day or two. I always rinse my diapers in the sink, the dirty stuffers I rinse in the toilet. My diaper pail I fill with water and put in some borax, and anti bacterial fabreez. Put in a little water, pour in the fabreez and borax, then finish filling with water, so it mixes it up. When you go to wash, dump the water out of the pail in to the tub, then do a pre wash to rinse them out. Add some borax to the wash and wash in hot water. Works for me.

Iowaincon.

• 2 weeks later...

Nix the bleach except as a rare adding to the wash water, and always wash a second time without bleach after using it...

Instead, do as follows...

rinse immediately after changing in cold water... may as well rinse directly in the toilet after you empty the diaper... if you're washing them frequently, then no need to soak... but if not, keep them in a diaper pail with water and 1/4 cup vinegar

when it's time to wash them, use a stain remover made specially for diapers, found in the baby section of most dept stores like walmart... the brand I have always used for diapers is called Totally Toddler...

http://pottytrainingsolutions.com/shop/pro...products_id=157

spray liberally and let sit about 10 min before washing...

use a mild detergent such as dreft, and add baking soda to help the detergent work effectively and neutralize the urine.. .use hot water wash...

do a second rinse cycle and add 1/4 cup of vinegar.. .this will freshen the diapers as well as remove any remaining detergent residue that can irritate delicate baby skin... .

dry in hot dryer with no fabric softener sheets as they reduce the ability of the fabric to absorb...

• 1 month later...

On the rare occasions I get to enjoy my cloth diapers (including pull ons) i do tend to end up staying in them until I mess :P *ear droop*

Anyways, I tend to hot rinse off the worst of the mess over the toilet (using a jug) - and then just chuck em straiught into the washing machine on 60c - and their fine.

Thats it - it'll do :)

DP

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, get, or make, some fleece liners..This material is a napped, non woven polyester. Cut it in sizes to fit the inside of whatever diapers you are using. It must be big enough to either pin through, or stay in place otherwise.

When the diaper is used,simply remove the liner and turn it poop side out,and soak it in the toilet. Flush it a few times,and then put it over a plastic bucket (five gallon) turned upside down in the shower. Then adjust the shower spray onto the diorty area,using COLd water-warm will set in stains. Close the curtain or door and come back in about ten minutes,and it will be clean enough to toss into the washing machine.

This makes this task MUCH more pleasant and easy.

Don't use bleach,it will harden and destroy the fabric of the diapers. Half a cup of vinger will get rid of any lingering odors. One tip-don't let him eat oily foods before using the diaper-especially meats, like pepperoni.

These oils will add stains you will NEVER get out.

Tell him he'll have to wash it out himself, if he does. :P

It seems like you've got this laundering chore down to a fine art and you've got some great advice to share with others who are still seeking solutions :thumbsup:.

So, I don't want this to sound like I'm nit-picking but I'm a bit concerned about your recommendation to leave the shower running for 10 minutes or so. As you say, any temp other than cold will just set the stains in, so it sounds like a good idea in principle but it also sounds like a horrible waste of clean water.

I know it will take longer to work (without the shower pressure helping to loosen the stain) but having the bucket the standard way up and the cloth soaking in cold water would be my suggestion.

Just to add, we're being constantly reminded that there's a serious water shortage here in UK. We already have a hose-pipe ban in place and it isn't even summer yet! I don't want to get into the politics of this issue but I am concerned about the environment, hence my questioning of one small part of what I think is some very useful advice.

D :) lly

It seems like you've got this laundering chore down to a fine art and you've got some great advice to share with others who are still seeking solutions :thumbsup:.

So, I don't want this to sound like I'm nit-picking but I'm a bit concerned about your recommendation to leave the shower running for 10 minutes or so. As you say, any temp other than cold will just set the stains in, so it sounds like a good idea in principle but it also sounds like a horrible waste of clean water.

I know it will take longer to work (without the shower pressure helping to loosen the stain) but having the bucket the standard way up and the cloth soaking in cold water would be my suggestion.

Just to add, we're being constantly reminded that there's a serious water shortage here in UK. We already have a hose-pipe ban in place and it isn't even summer yet! I don't want to get into the politics of this issue but I am concerned about the environment, hence my questioning of one small part of what I think is some very useful advice.

I live in a place that gets over 100 inches of rain a year-it's not an issue here. And I have an adjustable flow shower head.

My shower head has adjustable flows-it doesn't use a lot of water if you set it right.........and the water is always vold-I plave a small amount of detergent in the stained area as well---the washing machine handles all the rest

• 2 months later...

I regularly mess my terry nappies Mummy puts a muslin liner inside and a J-cloth type liner next to my skin. Even with these the nappy still gets stained, the poop works its way out of the sides into my plastic pants stainin them too. the nappies are in soak in napisan in a 40 pint beer making bucket for a couple of days then put on a hot wash an still they are a little stained. but after several washes they do come white again. The only time it really notices is when I am wearing transparent plastic pants then my stained nappy shows through my plastics, Mummy usually teases me about what a dirty incontinent baby I am at these times. Hope this puts your mind at rest Paddi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First rince off as much of the mess as you can in the toilet with cold water. The soakin in diaper pail with vinager over night, then with cold water rinse in washer. Next add normal laundary stuff and wash as normal use a downy ball with white vinager this will open in the rinse and leave the diapers clean an soft. This is what I do and I have not bowel and bladder control so a messy cloth diaper is a normal daily occurance.

• 10 months later...

Theres another trick that works on whites. Its using about a cup full of hydrogen peroxide. Its a multi use anti septic product, sold most everywhere in the medicine section of stores and works great. It sin a brown bottle an d sells for 99 cents, pour about a cup full in the white laundry while in the wash and it gets all sorts of stains out . It wont hurt the fabric either unlike bleach....makes whites white again!

qwack

Hydrogen peroxide is a bleach - it delivers Oxygen pretty much directly to the place it is needed. H2O2 breaks down to H2O and O - which does its job. It is kinder than chlorine bleaches but only because it is so dilute when you get it. The Germans used close on neat H2O2 to fire some of their rockets in WW2§ and has been a constituent chemical in the bombs let off in London over the last couple of years.

But it does do a fine job on nappies

BB

Hydrogen peroxide is a bleach - it delivers Oxygen pretty much directly to the place it is needed. H2O2 breaks down to H2O and O - which does its job. It is kinder than chlorine bleaches but only because it is so dilute when you get it. The Germans used close on neat H2O2 to fire some of their rockets in WW2§ and has been a constituent chemical in the bombs let off in London over the last couple of years.

But it does do a fine job on nappies

BB

Blaiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...