LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Blogs On The Dailydiapers Website

underwhere

Of the 167 blogs on dailydiapers, there are 109 empty blogs, i.e., blogs with zero entries. Despite that, many of those blogs with zero entries still have many views, some in the hundreds or higher.

So I'd like to ask some questions:

What causes people to create a blog and then never write in it?

Is there wasted disk space (and possibly expense as a result) on the server as a result of these no-content blogs?

Do visitors and contributors to the dailydiapers website even read the blogs that are here? Certainly, some seem to be very well read while others not so much.

I often direct people to read mine if I think it might be appropriate given the topic of conversation. I only have two entries there at the moment. I haven't felt a need to add anything to it lately, but I definitely will when I have something to add.

How do the rest of you feel about blogs here on the dailydiapers website?

Disk space isn't currently an issue for us, as we use less than 1/10th of our current disk capacity, and getting more space is relatively cheap.

Bandwidth is a far greater concern, as we broke our old record, using 2,330 Gigabytes of bandwidth in August.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I saw that, BoTox. I've read some of your entries, and have enjoyed those I have read.

I do seem to have to be in the right frame of mind to read blog entries, though. I don't know why. I didn't use to be so picky with my mental state while reading blogs. Maybe that has more to do with my depression than anything else....I dunno.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I'd simply settle for a "Delete All Trackbacks" option. I was thinking about posting to the blog I keep on here (but VERY rarely use), but forget it with all that trackback spam...

Edit: Haha, duh... just disable them in the first place! Yay! No more having to wade through tonnes of spam to get o the comments...

• 2 months later...

I found DD seeking diaper reviews and really connected with one blogger. I lurkrd a long time then opened the door :rolleyes: I check for new blog entries 2-3 times a week and I try to update mine daily. It has replaced much of my diary entries for now but that could change. And I too cannot understand why some people start a blog then quit using it :huh: If it no longer interests you then it's not going to interest anyone else either so delete it!

Bettypooh

• 2 months later...

Bettypooh, I'm not always inspired to write in my blog, but when I am, it's usually stuff I want to share with people. I often find the writing process itself can be quite cathartic, especially if the topic matter is difficult or confusing to me at the outset, and once I complete a piece of writing, whether it's a blog entry or something else, I usually feel a great sense of accomplishment, especially if I am personally satisfied with the way the final writing product turned out.

Speaking of writing, and hijacking my own thread (can I do that? ;) ), check out my latest blog entry. If somebody needs help with writing a letter or editing a document, I've started a business to help them do just that.

the blog system is complicated, im good at computers but have struggled to get the hang of this blog system, and i still dont know what a trackback is!!

I'm not very good with computers or any other new-tech stuff but my blog here was easy to set up and use :) Like most things, you need to learn what you're doing before you begin, and if you run into something you're not sure of stop and figure it out! My blog hasn't caused me any problems but I'm getting slack keeping it up to date :P Like Abrera says, it's a catharsis(look it up if you don't know what that means-this is a fave word of mine ;) ). In the beginning I had a lot to say because I had a lot to figure out, but life is more settled now and there's less that I think would be interesting or useful to say B) Blogs seem to be like everything else in life-you start with enthusiasm and the best intentions, then you begin to lose interest once you get deeper into whatever you're doing and it loses it's novelty :huh:

Because I'm not openly DL there's a lot I don't say on my blog that I'd love to share with everyone. You'd enjoy it, I'm sure, but it would pinpoint who I am in real life :o If the wrong person found me out it would complicate my life more than I want to deal with right now, and cause me to lose things I worked hard for to gain. I don't want that to happen but I'm not going to be blackmailed over it either-I can handle it if I have to :ninja: To avoid any nastiness I keep the details vague when I give them so I can blog with less worry. And when I do come out my blog will be a nice record of my progress in life :D If you started a blog and dropped it, go back and pick it up or delete it. You can always start another later on if you want to try again, and it will tidy things up a bit. One of the main reasons I settled down here at DailyDiapers for my DL life is due in large part to one blogger whose posts really connected with me and made me feel like I was at home :wub: The rest of the reason is that most people here are nice people with good hearts and good things to share :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I'm not very good with computers or any other new-tech stuff but my blog here was easy to set up and use :) Like most things, you need to learn what you're doing before you begin, and if you run into something you're not sure of stop and figure it out! My blog hasn't caused me any problems but I'm getting slack keeping it up to date :P Like Abrera says, it's a catharsis(look it up if you don't know what that means-this is a fave word of mine ;) ).

"Cathartic" was my choice of word, actually. Abrera might have used it too, but I used it first, so there! ;)

As for keeping a blog up to date, I look at blogging each specific entry as a means to express a thought or idea that I want to share with people. Sometimes, I either don't have something I believe is worthwhile sharing, or don't want to share.

In the beginning I had a lot to say because I had a lot to figure out, but life is more settled now and there's less that I think would be interesting or useful to say B) Blogs seem to be like everything else in life-you start with enthusiasm and the best intentions, then you begin to lose interest once you get deeper into whatever you're doing and it loses it's novelty :huh:

To me, blogging is not really about "novelty" but about "communication". It allows me to communicate with people in a very specific way that I don't otherwise get the opportunity to do. Also, for me, the interest doesn't really go away, but I do have to be somewhat inspired to write something, whether its a blog entry or anything else, and sometimes, that inspiration can take a long time to work its way to my conscious thought processes.

Because I'm not openly DL there's a lot I don't say on my blog that I'd love to share with everyone. You'd enjoy it, I'm sure, but it would pinpoint who I am in real life :o If the wrong person found me out it would complicate my life more than I want to deal with right now, and cause me to lose things I worked hard for to gain. I don't want that to happen but I'm not going to be blackmailed over it either-I can handle it if I have to :ninja: To avoid any nastiness I keep the details vague when I give them so I can blog with less worry. And when I do come out my blog will be a nice record of my progress in life :D

There is also the option for a blog to be "Private" so that only members of the DD community may read and view it. This option does work. (I've tested it.)

For the same reason as you, there would otherwise be things I would hesitate to post in the blog, but as a result of it being private, I do feel more free to write what I really think and feel.

i thaught the private blog option meant that only you could view your blog.... hmmm i guess i have a lot to learn about blogs!

It's not "private blog". (My mistake! Sorry! "Private blog" has been disabled anyway.) There is an option, however, to allow (or not) for guests to view your blog. That option is under Settings. Considering that people who join this sight are likely to be actively interested in reading what you write and people who have not joined this sight have no such interest, I feel like it's a pretty safe option to use to protect one's relative privacy to have a blog and not allow guests to view it.