LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quotations

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VladYvhv

I've heard that somewhere... Probly a movie... But it was "A person can be smart, but people are stupid, mindless creatures and you know it!" when I heard it.

Here's one my grandpa's fond of using: "I'm never goinna grow up, becuase then I'd have to act like an adult."

The "this is my story..." quote was from Skywriting By Word of Mouth. That's one messed up book (and I mean that as a complement). It is obvious that some parts of it are a little more drug inspired than others.

"Don't use needle drugs - the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon." -- Steal This Book, Abbie Hoffman

"[...]and last but not least to Spiro what's his name who provided the incentive." -- ibid

"'FREE SPEECH IS THE RIGHT TO SHOUT "THEATER" IN A CROWDED FIRE.' - A YIPPIE PROVERB" -- ibid

"Mountains should be seen, not heard." The Left Hand of Darkness, Ursula K. Le Guin

"Light is the left hand of darkness/and darkness the right hand of light./Two are one, life and death, lying/together like lovers in kemmer,/like hands joined together,/like the end and the way." -- ibid

"Don't use needle drugs - the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D methinks this quotation could be brought smack up to date as far as Presidents are concerned!

Dolly

(although I'm a pacifist and wouldn't advocate gun use, the end result would be opportune for humankind)

Here's one that becomes truer by the day:

The older I get, the smarter my parents were!

Another favorite is this one from Full Metal Jacket by Private Joker:

I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them.

And my ALL TIME FAVORITE from Chris Edwards:

The income tax is not an example of a good idea gone bad. It was bad from the beginning, and it just keeps getting worse.

"Have you ever had one of those days where you feel as if you don’t fit into this world? If you said yes, then maybe you need to loose some weight or something." - me

"Bringing sense into politics is like trying to convert the pope into an atheist." - me

"If you are not sure about it, don't eat it." - me

"If someone brings you down to their level, you forgot to push the button on the lift for your floor." me again

"tonights forcast, dark. followed by widey scattered light in the morning" george carlin

Here are a few:

"When you get to the fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

"It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi Berra

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot," - Steven Wright

And in the "from the mouthes of babes" department: Kid brings in a battery operated vibrator for show and tell. Says, "Mommy says its her magic wand." (This one is true - the preschoolers were curious, we were speechless, then couldn't stop laughing!)

:lol:

babyjilly

Dolly -

With any luck, he'll never know what a commotion he stirred - we certainly didn't laugh until AFTER school! The other kids didn't seem to notice anything - and luckily, our preschool topic for the week was "fairy tales" - so we all made magic wands - the kind with stars on the end that Harry Potter and Glinda, the Good Witch of the North, used.

And honestly, I think we all have those "cringe" moments that we recall in horror, but that no one else remembers at all, or who don't remember the embarrassment of it. I, too, have a couple of moments in my past that remain MORTIFYING to me - my sister and friends from back then have a totally different recollection of events.

And on a separate note - this is very rural North Carolina, where things can be - well, different. However - as in most cases - sensitive and caring teachers, which we are very lucky to have - can help turn tragedies into triumphs!

Thanks for caring, Dolly!

babyjilly

Oh babyjilly, I was far from straight-faced when I read your post about the Magic Wand :lol: I wasn't in any way knocking the fact that you found it funny. I was laughing along with you, believe me!

As you and I clearly know from bitter experience there's a cringe-making element to it, even if we are able to laugh at ourselves. That's why I mentioned it.

It wasn't meant to be a reprimand in any way, I assure you :lol:

Dolly

how about some baby bedtime sayings,theyre sooo cute!

i see the moon,

and the moon sees me;

God bless the moon,

and God bless me.

or "safe in bed"

mathew,mark,luke and john,

bless the bed i lie on!

four corners to my bed,

five angels there lie spread:

two at my head,

two at my feet,

one at my heart, my soul to keep.

AWWWWWWWW :wub:

Any 'Firefly' fans out there???

"You're my kind of stupid" Mal Reynolds.

"I can kill you with my brain!" River Tam

There are so many good ones from that show. Its too bad they went and cancelled it.

First time I've visited "The Rest of Your Life." Pretty cool.

Here's a couple of my favorites:

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried."

"A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open." - Sir Lewis Dewar

and my favorite:

One does not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they've stopped playing." - Rose

***hugs***

Ruffles