LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Or Disposable

Guest Sylkis

I prefer cloth due to the comfort and they absorb so much more if you are the type to wet yourself more then two times before changing but you need to wear plastic pants with them for sure to protect from the wet spot showing. I often wear disposables out of convienence. The absorbant pad down the center will catch a controlled wetting for a full release but after that it'll leak or the disposable will leak if you flood it all at once. Cloth is wrapped all around you thus soaks up any residual moisture cutting down lots of leakage. I have worn disposables with plastic pants too but cloth is definately a nicer feel soaking wet over the disposable. I love a thoroughly soaked diaper whether a tape/pin or a pull-up (I consider a pull-up a diaper too unlike many of you out there)

Huggie :biker_h4h:

I prefer cloth due to the comfort and they absorb so much more if you are the type to wet yourself more then two times before changing but you need to wear plastic pants with them for sure to protect from the wet spot showing. I often wear disposables out of convienence. The absorbant pad down the center will catch a controlled wetting for a full release but after that it'll leak or the disposable will leak if you flood it all at once. Cloth is wrapped all around you thus soaks up any residual moisture cutting down lots of leakage. I have worn disposables with plastic pants too but cloth is definately a nicer feel soaking wet over the disposable. I love a thoroughly soaked diaper whether a tape/pin or a pull-up (I consider a pull-up a diaper too unlike many of you out there)

Huggie

:biker_h4h:

That's a myth. You do not need plastic pants for cloth. I use pocket diapers that have snaps, and a soft waterproof poly layer on the outside so there's no need for plastic pants. I love them, I use hemp soakers inside them and they can hold 3 GOOD wettings and to me feel so much better than a disposable.

as far as it goes for duribility (fewer leaks)+ comfort which is better in opinion cloth or disposables

I really prefer cloth as far as absorbency and durability is concerned. A really absorbent cloth diaper will be a little bit bulkier than a disposable, but i think it is worth. As far as leaks, if you wear plastic pants with your diaper, neither cloth nor disposable will really leak, but in general i think cloth will leak less.

That's a myth. You do not need plastic pants for cloth. I use pocket diapers that have snaps, and a soft waterproof poly layer on the outside so there's no need for plastic pants. I love them, I use hemp soakers inside them and they can hold 3 GOOD wettings and to me feel so much better than a disposable.

Plastic..Rubber..PVC.. Poly..waterproof cover..it's just the same thing. Point is simple you need something to keep the wet inside from the wet outside, so no myth it's fact. ;):P

Seriously I wear both but I can easily wet my Molicares 4 times and not leak. Generally 6 times but 4 is a good rule of thumb. There's no way I could wear a equal cloth diaper to my disposables under my daily wear and not have it noticed. Granted if I did wet 6 times the Molicare has pretty much bulked out and makes it look like I'm "packing", but a cloth diaper never fits like a disposable can. My Molicares are form fitting from start to finish, I've never had a cloth based diaper come close to the fit.

Even the AIO's are too bulky. I have to wear 24/7 so discreetness and comfort are key to me. While some may like the feeling of wetness on your skin that comes with a cloth diaper it isn't really that comfortable to me.

Now granted you can put in a stay dry liner, but then again you just made it like a disposable in the first place.

Cloth !! I have Curity diapers from the forties and fifties that still "work" beautifully. And I use them along with 21x40 gauze diapers I got from GranitSmith six years ago. Durability? Show me a disposable you can use over and over. And for comfort. No way can a disposable beat cloth. Properly folded a cloth diaper hugs perfectly. With practice it's not hard to diaper yourself with cloth, but with disposables.........sagging, tapes coming unstuck or tearing off, and they always leak. And here's another thought: if you believe in Karma, plastic lasts in landfills for decades, maybe longer.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

i don't really enjoy cloth that much. Maybe i haven't tried the right cut but i've used a couple of different styles and to me they just feel all bulky...bumpy....hard to sit comfortably etc.........course i'm a fetish sorta girl and for me it's mostly about the plastic......and the gel ......... even a molicare while i agree it will hold more then i wanna know...........feels sorta like wearing layers of cardboard to me..........i prefer a gel filled diaper over a fluff filled one any day.......even if it's not the most absorbant.........

The best diaper is the one that works for you. I have worn cloth diapers, at night for most of my life. I am 50

Most of the younger folks are part of the "Pampers generation" so I can see why disposables are popular.

I wear disposables when I travel but if my wife is with me, she packs the diaper bag with cloth. My wife has a thing for cloth diapers.

as far as it goes for duribility (fewer leaks)+ comfort which is better in opinion cloth or disposables

There is nothing better than a nice cloth diaper just out of the drier, all warm on the exposed areas after being clean-up for bed time! I wear cloth diapers at home because I like them better, and especially at night because the do hold more.

I wear disposables during the day, which have been known to leak once in a while. To stop this I have started to wear terry cloth lined plastic pants over the disposable. In the two years I have done this any leaks have been contained and my outer wear is absolutly protected.

Ricky