LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Hope This Is The Right Place For This Question

Eagle0769

I just bought my third (what do they call them? Canisters?) of Johnson baby powder. How come they don't smell like years ago. Has anyone noticed it?

Baby Jay NY

I thought it still did smell the same as years ago?

Beth

Thanks for replying Beth,

For some reason the baby powder that I buy doesn't smell the same as back them. It has a more talc powder smell. I checked to make sure it was baby powder and it was??????

Baby Jay NY

Thanks for replying Beth,

For some reason the baby powder that I buy doesn't smell the same as back them. It has a more talc powder smell. I checked to make sure it was baby powder and it was??????

Baby Jay NY

Maybe a North American J&J thing, I noticed a slight scent change about a year ago, I wasn't happy about it but I think I've gotten used to it now.

*huggles*

Michelle

Let's face it; nothing's what it used to be. They took the trans-fat out of our potato chips, and I noticed that Triscuits don't taste like they did when I was a kid. Then they took the lead out of our gasoline and paint, the Freon out of our air conditioners, and the prayer (and discipline!) out of our schools. Who knows what they took out of baby powder? Mine seems to smell the same.

Baby June 7/12/2008

actually the kroger brand of baby powder smells like i remember it. what is neet is that i buy baby powder and my parents dont think anything about, i tell them it prevents me from chaffing, and i sprinkle it all around my room on my carpet, smells like heaven everytime i walk into my room

actually the kroger brand of baby powder smells like i remember it. what is neet is that i buy baby powder and my parents dont think anything about, i tell them it prevents me from chaffing, and i sprinkle it all around my room on my carpet, smells like heaven everytime i walk into my room

I adore the smell of baby powder. I use baby powder scented anti-perspirant and after Daddy changes me he rubs the extra powder from his hands on my tummy and chest.

*huggles*

Michelle

I use the Equate brand of powder. The gentle formula, and it smells okay...The wipes I use have that familiar smell to them. My mom likes the Huggies wipes because they're bigger/thicker, but I like the Parent's Choice (Wal-Mart) wipes because they have that smell. You know, the baby-ish smell that I remember....I guess the sensory perception could be perceived as a fetish, but I just like it. I don't get a sexual arousal, but it is a sensory thing, for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Baby Jay !

I bought a travel size of J & J Baby powder last week and also noticed it didn't smell right. Weak ass crap.

Maybe that's because I usually go to Dollar General or Family Dollar and get their baby powders that are Cornstarch.

I like the cornstarch much better than the talc of J&J.

Yes, there is definately "something" about the smell, and the cheaper brands have more of it.

Once in a while to relive my early diaper days, I will wet in a well powdered cloth diaper and let it dry out.

Brings back so many memories of retrieving my hidden diapers from under the dresser where they would dry out for next time.

Being a bedwetter, hidden drying diapers did not add too much to the smell of my bedroom anyway.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS