LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

People, People, People!

While the majority of the worldwide public may not accept or understand ABDL, the fact is, we have earned a measure of their attention over the past few years. We no longer have to hang our heads in shame or disgrace over our self-inflicted guilt. (Unless, that's what you want.)

John Q. Public still may consider us an oddity. But, more and more, there seems to be a groundswell of tolerant interest, support and respect from those outside our community. Look around. Believe it. We're happening.

Where it goes from here, is anybody's guess. My guess is, it's only going to get better.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

IN my opinion most people don't care much past the 15sec of oh that's bizzare. Then a butterfly goes by and they are off chassing it. Most people never live outside their personnal bubble

I've recognized when people hear about ABDLs they're more struck with curiosity or contemplation than disgust. Most people, if they see you wearing an adult diaper, will just ignore it since they dont know it's purpose, and if they did they still wouldn't care. Others, who dont ignore it, commonly either ask you politely what it's about or, if you know the person, will tease you a bit. Disgust is a rare emotion nowadays toward us. I'm thankful. Humiliation i can handle; ignorance, not so much.

-Sophie

Hia All

We (AB/DLs) are getting strong enough to come out and we are respectful citizens whether we engage in this by necessity or choice...we need to stand up and be proud in the sense of not feeling guilty of who we are. It took me so long to realize that. Will most of us be able to ever "totally' come out, probably not but it isn't the nasty monster as it once was thought to be...as people go on and learn and become relaxed the the confidence level increases and we learn to live within ourselves w/o worry of what John Q. Public feels. (I do anyway)

Huggie :biker_h4h:

I pretty much agree with Newroad... I don't believe the public actually gives any attention to us... And to be honest why would we care that they do? The "public" have their own kinks and things to worry about.

How can anyone say "the public" despises us when most people don't even know we exist? I think a lot of AB/DLs (and 'niche' fetishists in general) need to get over their persecution complex and spend some quality time with the real world before they judge it. Most people, it seems, have no greater oppressor than themselves--if your daily affirmations are "my diapers make me unlikeable" and "I hate the world and the world hates me," then, naturally, you're in for a miserable time. But as long as there is a lot more to you than your diapers, I'm sure most people could forgive you for that one little kink.

Besides, it's not like it's us versus a bland, tragically mundane species--everyone has a bizarre dimension, and you can always get much, much weirder than wearing padded underwear or playing with oversized baby appurtenances.

Well I have to agree with ^^^^ I didnt even know about ABDL a week ago. I just knew I liked to lie in my bed and imagine being a baby again. When my great aunt fostered and I was at her's and she had babies I would swipe the odd nappy here ant there. There was a site I found and the womans a shrink of somesort and she believes AB/DL's are for the most part harmless (the reason for the on the most part is you get gits in all walks of life) and that all we require is a loving touch and to be understood for who we are.

Sure, you think all positive now -- wait 'til you've lost a job because someone found out about your diapers, or you've been discriminated and given negative special treatment -- I'm positive your tune would change!

There are many many many people out there, and the ones that don't have an opinion are the ones we like. The ones that DO have an opinion are somehow the decision makers and important people. I strongly suggest all of you lie to, cheat, deceive and manipulate the people around you in order to ensure your security and prosperity. Isn't that what they call "Playing the System"?

Sure, you think all positive now -- wait 'til you've lost a job because someone found out about your diapers, or you've been discriminated and given negative special treatment -- I'm positive your tune would change!

There are many many many people out there, and the ones that don't have an opinion are the ones we like. The ones that DO have an opinion are somehow the decision makers and important people. I strongly suggest all of you lie to, cheat, deceive and manipulate the people around you in order to ensure your security and prosperity. Isn't that what they call "Playing the System"?

Do whatcha gotta do to survive.

But the fact is, even before I started dressing in baby girl dresses and sunsuits exclusively, I was 24/7. I wore those women's pull-up denim jeans with the wide elastic waistband to work. Ya know, like babies wear. Polo shirt over. (dress code, ya know) Thick diapers underneath which puffed out my jeans and left nothing to anyone's imagination as to what I had on. Everybody at work knew. But, I was great at my job. That means job security. An understanding boss helps, too. I am fortunate that I no longer have to work to make a living and can live out my life as I see fit. So far, I have not had a problem with most folks in displaying my diapered, sissy, big baby girl condition. Many of the local authorities know me well and are very respectful towards me on the occasional encounter.

Are you kidding me? In Neo-Nazi Arizona? Nope. I kid you not.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

How can anyone say "the public" despises us when most people don't even know we exist? I think a lot of AB/DLs (and 'niche' fetishists in general) need to get over their persecution complex and spend some quality time with the real world before they judge it. Most people, it seems, have no greater oppressor than themselves--if your daily affirmations are "my diapers make me unlikeable" and "I hate the world and the world hates me," then, naturally, you're in for a miserable time. But as long as there is a lot more to you than your diapers, I'm sure most people could forgive you for that one little kink.

Besides, it's not like it's us versus a bland, tragically mundane species--everyone has a bizarre dimension, and you can always get much, much weirder than wearing padded underwear or playing with oversized baby appurtenances.

Well put Aleia, you couldn't be more spot on. :)

~Brian

I still don't understand and maybe I never will, why it is so important to some people to be accepted by society and making our ABDL world well known. To me, it is none of their business and it is something that I enjoy doing with my SO and in privacy. I do wear diapers out and about, but I don't go around parading them or pushing them on to someone else.

If it makes you happy that society is willing to accept this side of you, then that is your business. I for one don't understand, nor do I need their acceptance. It is like those who feel the need to tell their parents, as if their acceptance is going to help them accept themselves. Maybe thats the problem. Maybe those who want acceptance from their parents and society would only help themselves be more accepting of themselves, but its the opposite. You need to be accepting of yourself and who you are, and then you don't need the world to accept who you are.

Well put, and it's probably as close to the truth as you can get.

But how do you expect to derive an emotional strength from something that stems from an emotional deficiency?

In the end, its easier said than done.

Lynnie, I bet you're pretty lucky. ;)

Excellent question Tris:

But how do you expect to derive an emotional strength from something that stems from an emotional deficiency?

I think the answer might be that strength can come from overcoming adversity. If an emotional deficiency for whatever reason can be considered an adversity than using something as harmless as some time in diapers to overcome it could be considered a strength. The pen is mightier than the sword. It might even be a positive source for self esteem if you come to realize you could have let the deficiency ruin your life if you didn't choose to do something about it. The glass is truly half full if you want it to be.

Hugs,

Freta