LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ask A Stupid Question!

You ended the war between geographical locations... meany.

You see, a continent is a specific area of land, commonly surrounded on most parts by water. One would think in-continent would refer to someone or something which is within the continent mentioned prior, but instead "in" in this case is used as the prefix meaning "not", commonly found in words like incorrect. Since one is not within the continent, they must be outside of the continent, and even if we are refering to a continent that is bordered by land, moving onto that surface would merely put you inside another continent, and thusly, the only possible way to officially be incontinent would be to be in a body of water. Once this connection was discovered, people began to use the term incontinent as a technical way of describing a person who had died due to suffication underneath the surface of the water. The word was quickly replaced with the term "drowning" after Dr. Ruth Drowning came up with the medical term "asphyxia", which is a condition in which oxygen is deprived from the body, such as choking, commonly resulting in death. Dr. Drowning ended up dying in the exact manner he studied, asphyxia caused by water preventing oxygen to flow into his lungs. Thus the term incontinent was renamed after him, drowning. Afterward, the term incontinent was available for other usage, so it was adopted to classify the condition of those who couldn't keep themselves "dry" from their own bodily functions, just as one couldn't keep himself dry if he was in the water instead of being on a continent. Incontinent individuals couldn't manage to keep traditional linens and cloths that covered their lower half dry, so most chose to wear diapers, pullups, or plastic under clothing to spare themselves the embarassment of soaking their clothing like a child. Hence why the incontinent individuals are often included in the ABDL community.

Hope i cleared things up for ya. ;)

-Sophie

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another one to ponder:

PROGRESS is the act of moving ahead and accomplishing something.

The opposite of PRO is CON. Therefore...

CONGRESS must be the act of moving backward and accomplishing absolutely nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There are many kinds of accent in England, and they can be very regional. In the north east they speak "Geordie" and the locals can understand Norwegian quite well; the vowel sounds are so similar.

When they were hunting the "Yorkshire Ripper" a series of taunting cassette tapes were sent to the police by someone who claimed to be the culprit. A huge amount of time and effort was wasted, and the accent was narrowed down to an area of a few streets. They eventually convicted Peter Sutcliffe, but only after he had murdered more women, and found he was not the hoaxer. They finally caught the hoaxer years later after his DNA was found on the back of one of the stamps. He came from the area indicated by his accent. They threw the book at him.

I speak "Queens English" with a distinct "Public School" throaty drawl, and I have found many girls will not go out with me because I sound so "posh". It works very well in Lancashire, though, and over the ditch in the US! However, I can have seriuos difficulty when speaking to the locals ten miles from my home town if their local accent is very thick.

If you ever get the chance to see the film "Hot Fuzz", take it; not only is it very funny, but it lampoons local accents wonderfully.

People everywhere have more in common than differences, and everyone deserves respect for that. If you give respect and consideration it usually comes back to you quickly :D The USA isn't at the forefront of enviromental and social issues, though we're much better than most. Our biggest asset is our personal individual freedom, but that's the main reason we are often slow at agreeing to do things that need to be done, which makes it our biggest liability too :mellow:

I'm no linguist, but I can identify at least ten dialects in 3 different states within 150 miles of me. For instance I used to live in "gusta jawja"(Agusta Georgia)and that's how the people raised there say it. I'm over a hundred miles north of there now so don't laugh(unless you want to :lol: )when I close with:

Y'all have a good'n, OK?

Bettypooh

I tended most of my Life to live in the Southern and Midwest. I have been to every other state.. Marine Corps..you tend to get around. I lived in Augusta for two years. They thought I had a accent, I thought they did. Been pretty much my observation whether Stateside or OverSea's. Now Minnesota and the Dakota's are pretty unique.