LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cigaretts Help Ibs?

IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) can not be helped with cigarettes. IBS is primarily caused by digestive problems. It is usually caused by a unknown allergy to some food substance. Cigarettes tend to suppress the appetite (see below). As a result, the digestive system, and the excretory system does not have to process food - only reason it can reduce IBS effects.

Addictive Contents of Cigarettes

1- Cigarettes contain caramel which is absorbed into the body by the throat. This is converted into energy.

2- Cigarettes sate the suckling urge from childhood.

3- Cigarettes contain the drug nicotine - which is a relaxant.

If you have IBS, go for a complete allergy test. What you are allergic too, take out of your diet. The results will take up to a month to show, as the body eliminates the remnants of the substance out of your body.

If you don't smoke, definitely do not start. It WILL kill you.

If you are smoking, stop. It will take your body 10 years for every year you are smoking to recover to a 70% of what you were before you started.

Smokers, if you are lucky, your mind will be fried with the morphine before you die in agony unable to scream / move any muscle (including your mouth) to tell anyone of your pain. - If not, you will survive the morphine on your mind and be fully aware of all the pain feel, but your motor control will go and you will be unable to tell anyone of your pain.

That includes the pain in your eyes as they dry out - unable to blink.... the pain in your mouth as it dries out - you are unable to keep your mouth wet - the pain in your lungs as you try to breath, but your autonomic muscle fails to work - the pain in your stomach as you are unable from trapped wind as you no longer have the muscle control to allow you to release the wind - the pain in your bladder as it expands greater than normal - your urinary sphincter does not have the control to open. The last pain you will feel is the agonizing pain as your heart stops beating, and you wait for up to an hour for your brain to die - or worse - the electric shock going through your body as medical professional try to restart your heart. A side effect of morphine is it destroys muscle control - and the amount you need to keep you from going mad with pain will leave you brain active but body dead - but your nervous system will still be fully functional -

In conclusion, after all this information and you still chose to smoke tells me, and others, that you are not mature enough to make that decision. Either that, or you are just a fool.

I know many of my friends who smoked and stopped say that they were constipated for a week or more when they stopped. I know my own father told me he was regular like clockwork same time every day and after he stopped smoking that all changed. I’m not telling people to smoke. We all know it’s bad for you. It’s just when some one told me about smoking being able to help IBS it sounded possible seeing how smoking has effected the digestive systems of people I know with out IBS. I’ll try to see if I can find any thing on the web about it.

Roomer??? IBS in some cases can be helped by smoking a few cigarettes a day? This is sort of a catch 22 if it is true. Anyone know anything about this?

This has been long-claimed for inflammatory bowel disease, which some people (including physicians) confuse with IBS.

There may be some benefit, but it is outweighed by the risks. A 60 y/o RN with Ulcerative Colitis I know kept smoking to help with her IBD. She was just diagnosed with metastatic lung CA spread to her bones. Worse than the Ulcerative Colitis....

Smoking because of IBS or other reasons in my own opinion is just plan out stupid. My grandfather had a heart attack from it. It killed off my great grandfather and my lungs cannot handle the smoke from cigeretts. The smoke actually gets me sick and In one case I was near death because of second hand smoke. So yeah it will kill me right off the bat and I have the will power to live.

Actuall from a medical point of view the nicotine in cigarettes is a stimulant and will increase IBS, not help it. I've seen this in many patient and often we advised them that if they do smoke to stop and we try to get them off the nicotine. Stimulant make Ibs worse, including caffine. Smoking does make your 10 time greater that you will get lung cancer. So I guess it your choice.

IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) can not be helped with cigarettes. IBS is primarily caused by digestive problems. It is usually caused by a unknown allergy to some food substance. Cigarettes tend to suppress the appetite (see below). As a result, the digestive system, and the excretory system does not have to process food - only reason it can reduce IBS effects.

(snip)

Keiff:

Smoking might help with gut trouble...to cite my own personal case, my guts are much worse if I'm under lots of stress...and smoking can be a stress-relieving behavior. Not that I recommend it or can smoke anything without major discomfort from my closed-off nasal passages, or am willing...I want to continue hiking up thousand foot hills in the mountains after lunch without stopping for breath.

There are many better stress-relieving behaviors, such as meditating, exercising, getting the heck out of a situation, or a pint of gatorade, or even a pint of beer or glass of wine in the evening. Ensuring you are getting enough raw fruits and vegetables (and thus fiber) won't hurt, either.

P.S. I do know one person who smoked himself to death...it was a long, slow, lingering decline, not at all pretty and certainly not painless, and no fun to be around. There were a few times when he simply couldn't stop retching...

Addictive Contents of Cigarettes

2- Cigarettes sate the suckling urge from childhood.

That's why I switched to my beloved pacifier!

If you are smoking, stop. It will take your body 10 years for every year you are smoking to recover to a 70% of what you were before you started.

God DAMN, it's going to take till I'm 40?!

• 1 month later...

I have had IBS all my life, and the DR. cant really pin point why triggers it. since i failed alot of the testings but other times past. some times i can eat ice cream and not have a problem others im running to the potty in a hurry, but im not lactos. some times i eat eggs no problems other times i do. i can eat cheese but melt it and i got problems. the doctors say that my IBS is triggerd by alot of stuff. it could be if there is to much of one thing and in my system at once. alot of stuff has perservitives in them and some stuff dont. i can get steak be ok go get at buger king or wendys and im on the potty for an hour.