LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers At The Doctors

Apart from those out there who have to wear diapers, has any one been brave enough to wear to the doctors? If so what was it like, did they change you, ask questions, etc. Just curious. Happy diapers!

1. Most doctors and their staff have learned to be discrete on many matters.

2. you will not be the first adults the doc sees in a diaper - that mate, is certain.

3. if you go and you are not having an appointment which is "incontinence" related, then your diapers will not be the point of discussion... if you go with a broken wrist, your diapers (visible or not are not important).

4. As long as you can change yourself, you will be have to change yourself should it be required to get changed in and out of diapers.

Now another issue... if you go, in diapers, to a doc, in the dire hope that some sweet nurse will change your diapers - then you're doing something morally VERY WRONG.

Please don't push your sexuality onto others. especially not if they think you've got a medical problem. I'm not saying that's your goal... just thinking out loud.

and also: brave?? what the fuck has this to do with being brave?? I mean honestly, look any legal doctor is sworn to protect your privacy and keep any kind of "observation", "results", "information",... CONFIDENTIAL... he would risk his license and a heavy law-suit if the doc would go out and talk to anyone about your diapers involving your name or enough information to make you "recognizable".

So what - where's the bravery?

Despite I think it's rude to do something like this if you don't have a medical reason... but there are worse things to do.

now as to a real visit to a doc in diapers. well - yes I've been to.

when and why and how it was:

I had rare bedwetting issues until I was 14/15.... my bro' was a heavy wetter until his 13th year and wore diapers... so I was familliar with diapers for larger persons, and I was quite into diapers... I'm a DL.

One day I must have been 19 or 20 I had a very serious bladder infection, and I did often not make it to the toilet in time, was dribbeling urine almost constantly and had to go like a hundred times... to make it worse I woke up in a wet bed again... so I made an apointment with a good urologist.

but even before I went, I decided to wear diapers 24/7 for that time, as neither at work nor somewhere else I would have found it nice to have wet pants.

so when I go to the doc, I explained him that I had a few bedwetting incidents in my youth and thus was somewhat ok with wearing diapers, and that I prefered this to having wet beds and wet pants.

I explained the situation that I have a burning sensation, pain, dribble, leaks and again wet beds (and one wet pant) so far... he makes his tests... and later diagnoses me with having a bladder infection...

prescribes me meds and gives me two control-apointments... and also a diaper prescription for that time.

I had to take off my diapers on my own and put the fresh ones I had brought along on myself - I wouldn't have let anyone else do it - I wouldn't have felt OK with this, even though it was a medical reason... but I have two working hands and no disabilities, so I can do this on my own... or did ever a doc's nurse help you dress again if you're not injured to the point where you couldn't do it?

Overall - it was a not so nice examination... the medication had some side effects... and I am not too keen on being naked in front of strangers... but other than that - the diapers were no issue.

I just went to the doctor (VA Hospital) for issues with my back and I wore my diaper. My doctor didn't say to much during the exam except if I needed a "fresh" one because she had to tear the tapes (Attends) during her exam. I have seen her before and she knows that I wear diapers and they see so everything there so she acted like it was nothing at all.

Please make sure that you change right before being seen. I always ask them to let me know about 10min prior to being seen so I can change into a new diaper, and I always let her know that so she doesn't have to wonder.

In my case I had to have X-rays and a MRI done so be prepared to be seen by a bunch of people wearing a diaper.

Apart from those out there who have to wear diapers, has any one been brave enough to wear to the doctors? If so what was it like, did they change you, ask questions, etc. Just curious. Happy diapers!

I wear 24/7 without medical need. I've worn to the doc, and just the other day, it came up in a drug screen. The woman couldn't let me take my bag in, but let me bring a fresh diaper.

I'm not going to ask the doc to change me. I'm capable, so he shouldn't have to.

There was one time were I'd have taken help if I could've gotten it... I was soaked, and in excruciating pain. Couldn't get changed, and ended up just staying leaky until they got the pain under control. I was pretty upset about it.

No, it would've have been pushing anything on anybody, I just needed to not be wet anymore and was in far too much pain to do it myself, let alone enjoy a damn thing.

Yes, most docs ask questions when it comes up.

Now another issue... if you go, in diapers, to a doc, in the dire hope that some sweet nurse will change your diapers - then you're doing something morally VERY WRONG.

Please don't push your sexuality onto others. especially not if they think you've got a medical problem. I'm not saying that's your goal... just thinking out loud.

and also: brave?? what the fuck has this to do with being brave?? I mean honestly, look any legal doctor is sworn to protect your privacy and keep any kind of "observation", "results", "information",... CONFIDENTIAL... he would risk his license and a heavy law-suit if the doc would go out and talk to anyone about your diapers involving your name or enough information to make you "recognizable".

So what - where's the bravery?

Eric, here's where I say you need to step back, take a breath, and calm down.

How is it wrong, especially morally? wetdiaperlover (henceforth referred to as WDL) never said anything about wanting anyone to change him, just if they do, there is nothing wrong with curiosity. Also, who said wearing a diaper had anything to do with sexuality? Some people wear for comfort, or because they are just used to it. AB/DL's always push that diapers are just another type of underwear, and if thats the case, they should be treated as such, you shouldnt have to put on a different type of underwear because youre seeing a doctor.

And yes, brave would have something to do with it. Letting others see you in a diaper can be embarassing, whether they be professional about it or not. Doctors can still prod and ask questions, and if you dont have a legitimate medical reason for wearing, one might not feel comfortable about saying so.

I have never been to a doctor while wearing, but thats mostly because its not a common occurance that I have to see one. However I've got a medical condition that requires me to wear and I'll be having surgery for in a few weeks, so I'll be able to speak on the subject before too long.

How is it wrong, especially morally? wetdiaperlover (henceforth referred to as WDL) never said anything about wanting anyone to change him, just if they do, there is nothing wrong with curiosity. Also, who said wearing a diaper had anything to do with sexuality? Some people wear for comfort, or because they are just used to it. AB/DL's always push that diapers are just another type of underwear, and if thats the case, they should be treated as such, you shouldnt have to put on a different type of underwear because youre seeing a doctor.

And yes, brave would have something to do with it. Letting others see you in a diaper can be embarassing, whether they be professional about it or not. Doctors can still prod and ask questions, and if you dont have a legitimate medical reason for wearing, one might not feel comfortable about saying so.

Thanks Stork. I just got a chance to check the board and I was a bit upset by Eric D's response. No I never mentioned anything about sexuality or personal desires. The main reason I posted this topic was beuase I had seen several posts on this site before regarding doctors and I was trying to weed out fact from fiction. I apreciate Stork speaking up cause I might not have been as polite. Personally I have no ambition to wear to the doctors, I was just curious what it was like. Laters.

How is it wrong, especially morally? wetdiaperlover (henceforth referred to as WDL) never said anything about wanting anyone to change him, just if they do, there is nothing wrong with curiosity.

I just replied on this same issue in another forum, as did Eric D, which is probably why he's so up-in-arms about it. There is another forum were AB/DL users are asking about walking into a daycare center or hospital and getting someone to change them.

Summary: because it's not fair to involve unwilling members of the general public in your sexual fantasies, and it's not fair to treat medical people like prostitutes; servants to act out your desires. Whatever any of us do with willing partners is our own business, but that is where it ends.

Would you go into a doctor with a vibrator inserted?

I just replied on this same issue in another forum, as did Eric D, which is probably why he's so up-in-arms about it. There is another forum were AB/DL users are asking about walking into a daycare center or hospital and getting someone to change them.

Summary: because it's not fair to involve unwilling members of the general public in your sexual fantasies, and it's not fair to treat medical people like prostitutes; servants to act out your desires. Whatever any of us do with willing partners is our own business, but that is where it ends.

While I agree with sarahjane, I don't understand why there's a reason to get "up in arms". While I can't speak for what was said in this "other forum", no one in this thread has linked doctors to prostitutes. My gf's dad is a doctor and I respect him for all the shit (not literal) he has to deal with every day. I agree that if someone is looking to e changed they should look for knowing consenting friends, loved ones or professionals who cater to the AB/DL community. I just feel there's no real reason to lay into someone just for asking a question. I understand that bad media attention and a general misunderstanding about our lifestyles has a negative impact, but it seems to me that this site should be a safe place to ask questions, discuss ideas and yes even fantasies, because there are people who are AB/DL fetishists. Keeping each other in check is one thing, but accusing someone, even if it's in general, of committing a immoral act is rude and not in the spirit of community and support. So again while I understand and agree with not putting your desires on unwilling and unsuspecting people, I think there are better ways of saying so.

ok, I didn't want to acuse you - that's why I said:

I'm not saying that's your goal... just thinking out loud.

sorry if that was voicing it too strong...

but then let me put this a tad different:

Why would you think that you'd get changed at a doc's place or a hospital for that matter if you have to working hands and no serious disabilities?

Did ever a doc, nurse or other medical staff change your underpants? dress you? - well unless you have a medical reason for not being able to do this yourself (that's a different story).

About bravery... bravery is something different as showing someone else you wear a diaper... but I'm not in the mood to go into that debate... everyone should make his own decision about what's bravery and what's just not.

if for you that's a brave act - well I can live with that.

I wear 24/7 without medical need. I've worn to the doc, and just the other day, it came up in a drug screen. The woman couldn't let me take my bag in, but let me bring a fresh diaper.

I'm not going to ask the doc to change me. I'm capable, so he shouldn't have to.

There was one time were I'd have taken help if I could've gotten it... I was soaked, and in excruciating pain. Couldn't get changed, and ended up just staying leaky until they got the pain under control. I was pretty upset about it.

No, it would've have been pushing anything on anybody, I just needed to not be wet anymore and was in far too much pain to do it myself, let alone enjoy a damn thing.

Yes, most docs ask questions when it comes up.

DW, I agree fully with your post here... Asking someone else to change your dirty diapers, medical staff or not, if you are CAPABLE to do it on your own is over the top...

In you case, witch, well you would have been absolutely entitled to have had your diapers changed, incontinence or not, would you not have been wearing diapers you would have been "hangin'" in a wet bed... bad situation... it's a shame nobody decided to help you with this in such a case.

I have never been to a doctor while wearing, but thats mostly because its not a common occurance that I have to see one. However I've got a medical condition that requires me to wear and I'll be having surgery for in a few weeks, so I'll be able to speak on the subject before too long.

I think some people have confused this thread with the other one on 'Incontinence' called 'Daycare'. On this one the OP asked if it would be okay to approach a daycare for a diaper change......basically for a thrill. It made it worse in that it seemed to suggest using a real kids daycare. This got a lot of us angry with the OP.

The OP on this thread made it clear that he was just asking if anyone had experience of wearing a diaper to the doctor and didn't suggest doing it for a quick fix.

I think we all need to read the OP properly before letting rip guys.

(Stork: for most of us it would take courage to wear a diaper to the surgery. But many people like the thrill of drawing attention to themselves by being seen in a diaper. For these guys it isn't courage, just voyeurism.)

Beth

"About bravery... bravery is something different as showing someone else you wear a diaper... but I'm not in the mood to go into that debate... everyone should make his own decision about what's bravery and what's just not.

if for you that's a brave act - well I can live with that."

I, for one, don't see it as a brave act. Just being yourself. And I think most health professiionals view it the same. I have been to doctors. They have always treated me with the respect and care they would regard any of their clients. What do they call it? The "Hypocritical Oath?" :lol:

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

about courage... I say if you tell your best friend, your girlfriend/boyfriend - well that takes *some* courage...

but again, a medical professional , despite his/hers reaction is bound to treat whatever he/she sees and hears CONFIDENTIALLY, we all know this, and we can rely on this, as should a med. pro violate this, he/she would sure loose the job and most likely end up heavily sued and ruined in the end.

so your "secret" is as safe as it gets...

I recently was involved in a car accident, it was the other person's fault for pulling out in front of me. Both of my air bags came out and I was taken to a local hospital to ce checked out on a back board and neck brace. Shortly after I got there they took off my clothes down to my diaper and gave me one of the gowns they use. My wife/mommy was with me and she explained to them about my diaper needs and it was not a problem. I have been diagnosed with urge incontinence / OAB. I have been wearing Bambino classic diapers and they have "baby" written on them. I did not have a bad experience with my diaper but was diagnosed with symptoms of a concussion which make it hard to function sometimes.

ok, I didn't want to acuse you - that's why I said:

sorry if that was voicing it too strong...

but then let me put this a tad different:

Why would you think that you'd get changed at a doc's place or a hospital for that matter if you have to working hands and no serious disabilities?

Did ever a doc, nurse or other medical staff change your underpants? dress you? - well unless you have a medical reason for not being able to do this yourself (that's a different story).

About bravery... bravery is something different as showing someone else you wear a diaper... but I'm not in the mood to go into that debate... everyone should make his own decision about what's bravery and what's just not.

if for you that's a brave act - well I can live with that.

DW, I agree fully with your post here... Asking someone else to change your dirty diapers, medical staff or not, if you are CAPABLE to do it on your own is over the top...

In you case, witch, well you would have been absolutely entitled to have had your diapers changed, incontinence or not, would you not have been wearing diapers you would have been "hangin'" in a wet bed... bad situation... it's a shame nobody decided to help you with this in such a case.

It's what I get for being poor.

They insisted it's cause I didn't ask. I was like "I couldn't ask, I was too busy screaming and sobbing uncontrollably from the horrible horrible pain!!!"

They didn't say anything, but had that "yeah, wasn't too nice of me" look on their faces.

Besides, with kidney stones shredding apart my insides... If I hadn't been AB, I'd have been peeing myself anyway.

Usually, wetting my diaper, I can stop for a moment. I do that once in a while just to make sure I'm not letting the muscles get all useless. With the stones... Nope, not at all. Although, I knew I was wetting, cause it kinda felt like I was pissing sulfuric acid!

I recently was involved in a car accident, it was the other person's fault for pulling out in front of me. Both of my air bags came out and I was taken to a local hospital to ce checked out on a back board and neck brace. Shortly after I got there they took off my clothes down to my diaper and gave me one of the gowns they use. My wife/mommy was with me and she explained to them about my diaper needs and it was not a problem. I have been diagnosed with urge incontinence / OAB. I have been wearing Bambino classic diapers and they have "baby" written on them. I did not have a bad experience with my diaper but was diagnosed with symptoms of a concussion which make it hard to function sometimes.

Now, if they saw the word baby and sent you to pediatrics, that would be fucking hillarious.

"Whut, it said "baby""

My wife, Mother-in-law, therapist, family doctor, urologist and assorted techs and assistants have seen me in a diaper. I do get a kick out of it but I'm not going out of my way to show it to them. (Except one time with my mother-in-law.)

The therapist knew I was an DL and wanted to see if I was into the AB aspect of it. I wasn't but I also didn't have a problem wearing a daiper in front of just her an at another time in front of her and my wife.

As for the others, when I filled out my medical info sheet, I did say I was urinary incontinent and that I had no control. Can I control it? I don't know and I don't wish to try. So for all practical reasons, I AM incontinent.

One thing I do agree with the therapist about is that I am "functionally incontinent" I may not have a physical problem (though I may have one now), I do have a compuslion that results in the same condition. Either way, I have to wear a diaper at this point.

I take steps so that the public does not know I wear diapers. I wouldn't want a customer or potential customer or a competitor to know I wear diapers or am a DL.

One thing I do agree with the therapist about is that I am "functionally incontinent" I may not have a physical problem (though I may have one now), I do have a compuslion that results in the same condition. Either way, I have to wear a diaper at this point.

Not a bad way to describe it. I pretty much HAVE to wear diapers too. I CAN control it, but I'm ridiculously stressed without them.

Yeah, I mean, you think YOU'RE weird? I'm sure they've seen guys with uber-pierced pee-pees, and jewelery in places you couldn't dream of, along with dildoes, buttplugs, and various ano-sexual devices that you only see on CSI or Pay - Per - View.

They may not personally agree with your choice, but, after informing you of your pros and cons of the situation, their job is to examine you, and get paid.

At the end of the day, wouldn't you like to be remembered, though? Even in the little ways, someone thinking or speaking of you can only result in universal good vibrations.

I had a urologist who, after seeing my diaper and I said "I'm not worried about that"

He exclaimed "You're not worried about not being able to control your urine?!"

I explained that I'm weird, not medically broken cept for the kidney stone I was following up on.

He then told me some risks of diaper use, and let it go.

Doc's really don't care. They can't! Think about it... If he said "OMG, how COULD you CHOOSE to wear a diaper?!", you think he's going to get another assload of cash the next time my kidneys screw up?

It's like having 2 mechanics. One calls you a moron for not realizing the parking brake wasn't released fully, and the other simply and calmly reminds you to check the dash for the P-brake light and that the brake rubbing was why the car smelled funny. Ok, so who's going to get the $600 for the 30,000 mile maintenance?

I am a medical professional & inco, so I wear 24/7 - by choice.

Now we have got that out of the way, I can tell you that it would be a very bad idea to wear diapers when visiting a medical professional without a good reason to do so. Also, diapers are not the medical preferred way of treating temporary incontinence as each type of incontinence has a solution be it a colostomy bag or self cauterization etc. If diapers are to be used, it would be listed in your medical records.

If it is a doctor that you have seen before, s/he will check into your need to wear diapers - via tests/history. - S/He is obliged to. If it is a new doctor, s/he is required to check your medical history with your previous doctor, and I can guarantee that the subject of diapers will come up.

For the subject of getting changed by a nurse / etc this will not come up UNLESS you are incapable of doing this yourself.

If for some reason or another that the doctor thinks that you are 'toying' with him/her, be prepared for a very public law suit from his/her insurance company. Misrepresenting something to a medical professional is something that is taken very seriously by the profession.

If you prefer to wear diapers, I would advise you to inform your doctor about it as your preference. He/she will deal with it in a very professional manner - as required - and will give you all the information that you need in relation to it.

Last time I had a physical it was with a new doctor. I talked about how I had OAB and left it at that. When I was getting clothed again, I was pulling up my "underwear" and he said, "So you wear I diaper?"

I told him, "Sure, it works." I think he made a note in my file, but that's it. He knew I had some incontinence, and he knew I wore diapers to deal with it.

Breaking the news to my doctor that I "needed" to wear diapers for incontinence was all in the timeing.

What I did was to waite until after I had a serious accident that injured my back and spine, a month after the accident I went to my doctor complaining of bladder incontinence and was wearing a diaper to deal with the problem.

Well after 2 dozen test, the results came back that I indeed had no control of my baldder muscels and that the nerves leading to my bladder where dead.

The doctor and I discused options and I told him that a colostrum bag was not an option and that I was fine with having to wear diapers to keep my incontinence in control.