LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab/dl + Adhd?

do not know if there is one i know i had an interest in diapers or wet pants more then diapers as a child but then ADD and althose others name were not around back the

yes in 1988 i was told i was ADD and MPD

so i guess you add one more vote for ADD and diapers

I feel the need to point this out and I'm probalbly gonna get flamed but hear me out......

Did you think maybe that ADD was a side effect of being an AB/DL? I know that besides diapers there is very little we can agree on but, I think that we can all agree that our brains are wired just a little bit differently from your "average" person. That the inability to sustain focus for a lengthy period of time is tied to the state of mind at the time that the feelings towards diapers first occurred? I know it sounds like a long shot but think about it, a small child has no attention span.

I also think other symptoms occure at the same time, just not in as much frequency as ADD. For example, I stopped using a pacifier at age 1, never sucked my thumb, but around 4ish started to chew my nails, then smoked( as passed 2 packs a day by 17, started at 16), then went through a period after quiting smoking of chewing 3 packs of gum a day. I still have a habit of chewing on things that I can't seem to break and I feel it ties back to whatever brought me to liking diapers.

Sorry for the rant

I feel the need to point this out and I'm probalbly gonna get flamed but hear me out......

never sucked my thumb, but around 4ish started to chew my nails,

Sorry for the rant

never chew my nails as a child i use to eat or suck on the fron of my tee shirts on the neck line

but i think many time i just wet because i forgot to go when i nneed to my head was alwasy a 100 places oter then what i was doing.

think i lived in a world few others understand

but i ws in diapers a lot longer then other kids too

I really do not think there is any connection between any sort of psychiatric illness causing someone to be an ab/dl.

I have a feeling the prevelence of those with ADHD/ADD in the ABDL community will be the same for any community whether sexually based or otherwise.

Perhaps it seems so prevelent because those with ADHD will post more often, given the nature of their ability to multi task and make posts quickly and often.

But I dont think ABDL is a symptom of ADHD or vica versa, they are just two completely unrelated things, that some people seem to have both of.

As I previously mentioned, I was one of the first kids to take Ritalin.

I believe that the medication helpped but my parents discovered the ulitimate cure for ADD (It wasn't called ADD in the 60s). It is called "whup ass"! I had trouble concentrating until my ass got beaten black and blue. Fear was the ulitimate cure. By today's standards, I was an abused child! I was so abused that I was able to go out and make a living!

Today we live in a nation of pussies. America is now a cesspool of liberalism. If a parent does what is necessary, the child protection jerk-offs will be all over you!

Stop crying victim and start living. If forced to deal with ADD, you will find your own ways to cope with your problem.

I still am a slow learner. I still have trouble reading. I still have trouble concentrating but I make myself do it.

Now I am an old, big, ugly, highly opinionated conservative, bedwetting son-of-a-bitch!

You have to wonder if there is any correlation between the decline of spanking and the increase in ADD/ADHD cases...

I'm not sure there is a connection between ADHD and AB/DL but I am pretty sure there is a strong connection between being an outsider (for any of a hundred reasons) and AB/DL...

A lot of people here will tell you have ADHD, a lot will tell you that they identify strongly with the autism spectrum. A lot will tell you that they were abused. A lot will tell you that they were bullied. Virtually all of us have some reason why we felt like outsiders as children and I suspect that's the key.

Well I'm not add or adhd nor below average iq. I used to get mensa applications as a child but didn't know who they were so threw them out(does that make me stupid smart or smart stupid?) Last test I did online in 2005 which was 5 years since formal ed I scored about a 136, now with taking some refresher courses may score higher or may not, don't really care. I think a fetish is a product of nature, but again no studies to prove it, but there aren't any to support what the thread is about. There may be a few people with add/hd on the site but if we took a poll we would find multiple connections amongst each other. Heck I didn't think there would be as many fellow christians on here, so hey embrace life head on and don't worr... oh look shiny object! :rolleyes:

just wanted to say, IQ doesn't really change over time, unless some suffers from some sort of brain damage. Its why there are children's IQ tests and Adult IQ tests... normally when a person reaches the age where they are switched from the juvenile IQ test to the adult IQ test there will initially be a small decline, but it will average out again within a year or two...

I don't wish to dismiss the ADD/ADHD diagnosis wholesale but I think that when an eight year old has the attention span of a child it is quite normal.

I had a shrink that put me on anti-psychotics for gods sake :angry: . I am neurotic but I am connected to reality! I quit all four mood altering drugs that I was prescribed, and the visits to the shrink(s) and I feel the better for it!

Anondl

It's possible that you were mis-diagnosed however the fact is that ADD is probably the most underdiagnosed condition in the USA, especially if it's not caught before you're 18 as by the time you get to be an adult you start to develop coping or masking mechanisms. ADD/ADHD is not a personality disorder, it's actually a neuro-biological disorder affecting the prefrontal cortex that is clearly visible using nuclear scanning techniques. In the normal brain when given a task to focus on you can observe normal blood flow in the prefrontal cortex however in the ADD/ADHD individual you can actually see two holes in that region. ADD/ADHD is caused by a lack of dopamine. As a result the region of the brain which is responsible for "executive function" is not able to deal with incoming stimulus fast enough and causes the brain to give attention to much of what is coming in. ADD/ADHD is mostly treated medically with stimulants (Adderall, Ritalin, etc.) which increases the release of dopamine and allows the prefrontal cortex to function more normally. Depending upon when one is diagnosed and treated, psychological treatment may be needed as well to heal the emotional scarring resulting from the difficulties of kind of struggling through life.

With regards to diapers, I've kind of wondered if ADD (I have ADD w/o hyperactivity aka ADHD inattentive) if the ADD is what drives that desire in me. I say this because my diaper interests sometimes come and go and I'm now thinking that this may have to do with bio-chemical balances in my brain. One thing that's common of all people with ADD is that they seek out stimulation. The brain needs to be stimulated in some fashion in order compensate for that lack of dopamine. As it is a biological need the individual with ADD *WILL* find stimulation one way or another (it's a form of self medicating if undiagnosed and not being treated medically). When I wear diapers, it is of course very stimulating. The feel, the excitement of wetting myself, and even the negative aspects like worrying about others finding out, hiding my diapers etc.

I just got a prescription for Adderall and I'm really hoping that it turns off some of the "noise" so I can just go about my life in peace without the torment of being distracted by every little thing that crosses my path. I am wondering however if my interest in diapers will fade once I'm on the Adderall. I've come to terms with my diaper wearing and have since stopped the binge/purge cycle a few years ago accepting that I need to wear them but if this turns off that desire I certainly won't complain.

You have to wonder if there is any correlation between the decline of spanking and the increase in ADD/ADHD cases...

I think there's something to that statement BUT... I don't think there is necessarily a decline. I've been doing a lot of research lately and one of the ways the medically untreated body copes due to the lack of dopamine is to seek out stimulation. Getting the snot beaten out of you would certainly be stimulating and create feelings of anxiety, fear etc. so it's possible that that could have been a substitute (albeit a bad one in my opinion) for "treatment". The question I would ask is, seeing as it is an actual biological disorder and not a personality disorder, what's the better way to deal with it? Medication or beating? Beating a kid for having ADD is like beating them for needing glasses, having asthma, or wetting the bed. In some cases the added stress can actually make the condition worse.

Food for thought.

I'm not sure there is a connection between ADHD and AB/DL but I am pretty sure there is a strong connection between being an outsider (for any of a hundred reasons) and AB/DL...

A lot of people here will tell you have ADHD, a lot will tell you that they identify strongly with the autism spectrum. A lot will tell you that they were abused. A lot will tell you that they were bullied. Virtually all of us have some reason why we felt like outsiders as children and I suspect that's the key.

The question in my mind is to what degree EVERYONE feels like an outsider, even those that we outsiders think of as insiders....

But I think Autie is on to something there....a strong need to feel accepted...in my case also a strong need to be allowed to have pleasure....

My job encourages ADD....constant interrupts, so flow (real concentration) starts to happen about 5PM when everyone else leaves the building.

As for the childrearing...discipline is a spectrum and society as a whole moves along it, and there must be some happy medium somewhere...a child needs to learn that worthwhile things come through continued efforts.

I hadd add once then my dad beat my ass and suddenly I was cured. :P

Add is way over diagnosed, every school system in america wants to drug "problem" kids binstead of dealing with them.

I never had any isues with add but my guidance counselor thought i was suicidal in middleschool. He twisted my words, he was such a prick. Luckily my parents ignored him. Ironic they don't pick up on the abuse but somehow think because i was angry and wrote a really bad cause and effect paper and then decide to ask vague questions and twist my answers; somehow they're psychologists. :badmood:

Friggin idiots everywhere, lol. I don't miss my child hood, I really don't. Not that being an adult is all that fun but the future is always brighter than then the past or something like that. :screwy:

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to drop by with an update...

I've been doing lots of research on ADD the past few weeks and as I mentioned before it's actually medical issue (bio-neurological... not enough dopamine getting to the prefrontal cortex) and not a personality disorder as I previous thought. As such it should be medically treated. I started getting treatment a few weeks ago and started medication to increase dopamine levels a little over a week ago. I haven't worn a diaper in a week. I also haven't been visited DD that much either (the only time I logged in was to check this thread) where as it used to be something that I did rather frequently.

Now, my diaper interests have always ebbed and flowed so it's possible that this is a coincidence but I don't think so. When I first took the medication I was wearing a diaper and a few hours later (after it had hit its peak) I wanted to get out of it and take a shower. I'd come to terms with my diaper wearing a few years ago (stopped doing the binge and purge thing) and just accepted that it was part of me but I'd still always felt that if I could do away with that aspect of myself, I would. In terms of frequency this past year I was wearing almost 24/7... usually at the very least I'd be diapered at night so the frequency was high for a straight year (even in the summer when I typically lose interest) without any "ebb" in the interest. All of a sudden, BOOM! The thought pops in my head sometimes, usually towards the end of the day as the medication isn't as effective but the desire quickly dissipates. It's hard to explain. Previously it would be "must put on diaper RIGHT NOW" and now... "meh... I can't be bothered, not really interested".

Obviously this is unique and individual to my case and I think it's partly due to the fact that I wear diapers not for the sexual aspect but for the "calming" effect. If you read about ADD you learn that the untreated ADD mind will seek stimulation (stimulation = dopamine release) at any cost. That could come from intense activities like sky diving, white water rafting, auto racing, etc... people with ADD statistically seek out more "exciting" things, or things that are more stimulating. Wearing diapers is of course very stimulating so my theory is that for me personally the diapers were a form of self medication. Now that my brain has the proper levels of dopamine, the "need" to wear diapers is not so overwhelming that I must act upon.

We'll see, this is only the first week. I'm cautiously optimistic and based upon past experience I'll probably wait a few months before I "purge".

Other effects of the medication... A room that I've been trying to clean for a year (the office)... actually the week prior to cleaning it I'd spent 3 days working on it but it didn't really get better, piles of shit moved from one side of the room to another. Anyhow within a few hours of taking the medication (and it does work that fast as it instantly stimulates dopamine production) not only was the office practically clean, but I cleaned the dining room (you couldn't see the dining room table) and most of the family room as well. It was pretty remarkable. Things that used to stress me out tremendously just really aren't all that big of a deal anymore (it's not that I don't care, it's just that the part of my brain that deals with "executive function" is working properly now).

So, that's all. I just wanted to mention that. Again, I doubt there would be any kind of significant connection between diapers and ADD but perhaps there is a subset (I think it probably depends on how and why you wear diapers) where it does make the impulse to wear much much much stronger.

Time will tell. I'll drop back from time to time but 1 week without diapers (and to be clear I'm not "trying to quit", I just don't have a really strong interest in them anymore) is the longest I've gone diaper free in at least a year. We'll see.

• 15 years later...