LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Backwards Diapers

So, recently, I have some problems with leaks in my diapers, Either they were leaking in the bed, or they were leaking out the plastic pants, of course if they are leaking it usually means that it's a sign to change your diaper, but you should always change your diaper right away. So, last night I thought why not try to put it on backwards, well, I know what you thinking. (Either a, your very silly to do that, or b, there's only one way to put on a diaper.)

Well actually, I realized there is a correct way to put it on, and if someone is changing you it's usually going to fit better, but if you look at an actually diaper the "big part of it". (The back of it, has more padding, and of course that is for bowel movements, but at night is usually when we usually wet or have bigger bowel movements. (Depending on what you eat or drink.)

So, I actually put it on the wrong way, and of course it worked with great results, now I haven't had an bowel movements in it, but the leaking stopped, because I had more padding where I urinate, but of course that's no surprise, but maybe it will catch on, and more people will do it. Saving you from leaks and spending money on inserts, and possibly fitting tighter.

I'll try to post some pictures of what I mean, but I'm sure of all you DL's and AB's, under what I mean, but putting the diaper on backwards

Hmm,

Thats an interesting Thought, But Wouldn't it be Hard to Tape Up the Diaper Backwards Behind your Back like that? Especially making Sure that they're Straight & Tight. Just my $0.02. Might be Worth a try though.

Rockies Fan

Go Rockies in '08! :D

I think repaid already made a topic about this, but possibly in another section of the forum.

I took his suggestion a while back, and found it to be an awesome way to double diaper, as well. I puncheded holes in the first diaper, and put that one on backward. I'm a stickler for symmetry when it comes to putting my diaper on, and I've had good results with fastening the diaper properly and then putting my legs thru like undies. Besides, it saved on the backward taping, which isn't exactly fun by yourself.

Putting on the second diaper the right way, I found that this method evens out some of the bulk front and back.

Also, When us boys (or, at least me anyway) wet, it tends to spread more of an outward pattern, and having a wider absorption zone in the front of the diaper is pretty advantageous. Whereas, even if you felt like you were wearing a diaper-thong because of the thin part (which would have been the front) of the diaper along your bottom, it seems it can do a pretty decent job of playing 'catch-all', as well as having some downward flexibility, which, I think, is a feature needed in that area of the diaper.

I wear plastic pants, and I recently found how to make it hold a lot more, but the waistband on the pants are just too loose. Why can't it be tight like the leg bands? I woke up with the front of my undies *I wear underwear over the diaper* wet. Plus the bottom of my shirt was also wet, because I was wearing a t-shirt as well. I'm not sure about wearing the diaper backwards, because I like being able to walk, and not having a bunch of bulk between my legs. Does anyone have any methods of sealing the waist of the diaper/plastic pants?

My first question is did your plastic pants fit you correctly? They need to have enough extra material they reach well above the diaper in the front and back. Once the pants are pulled on snug in the crotch, the excess should be tucked inside the waist of the diaper all around. This allows the loose plastic material to cling to your skin. The same principle applies at the leg holes, some plastic needs to cling to the skin. When fitted in this way the leg elastic does not need to be so overly tight it digs into the skin. What holds the wetting in is the clinging of the plastic, not the elastic.

Of course that clinging of the plastic is delicate, which is why it helps to cover the plastic pants with a fairly snug outer garment to hold everything (diaper and plastic pants) in place. An Onesies is ideal because it prevents the crotch sagging dragging down the diaper and panties in back. Remember the back gaps at the spine and elastic alone will not fill that gap, but if given a chance, the plastic will pull into that gap. The plastic needs to be supple, soft and fairly thin to cling effectively.

Back in 1937 that was what made the Playtex stretchy baby panties so much more effective than the thicker gum rubber pants. The Playtex pants extended beyond the cloth diaper at the legs and the waist. The stretchy latex would cling to the skin.

Unfortunately in 1937 the medical profession assumed latex was no problem. It was decades later that latex sensitivity became known and latex-free products popular. Quite probably what was called "diaper-rash" and "prickly heat" in books about child care edited prior to 1970 confused skin conditions caused by heat and urine for latex irritation.

It was also unfortunately that the early vinyl plastic pants were designed more like the old gum rubber pants and less like the Playtex pants. What made the original Gerber vinyl pants so effective was that they were made from a significantly thinner and more supple kind of vinyl.

I wear plastic pants, and I recently found how to make it hold a lot more, but the waistband on the pants are just too loose. Why can't it be tight like the leg bands? I woke up with the front of my undies *I wear underwear over the diaper* wet. Plus the bottom of my shirt was also wet, because I was wearing a t-shirt as well. I'm not sure about wearing the diaper backwards, because I like being able to walk, and not having a bunch of bulk between my legs. Does anyone have any methods of sealing the waist of the diaper/plastic pants?

I wrote about this very thing in my blog last week. If you haven't tried it, you should. It works incredibly well. The bulk isn't the problem. It is just higher than the normal way. Taping is interesting but not hard. I lean up against a corner.

Hi Bo, Now I remember something from when I was a girl. When you suggested leaning against a corner you reminded me.

My favorite Aunt, Betsy, and her family lived across the street. Her first child was a daughter born the week before my youngest sister, when I was 5. When I was 8 Aunt Betsy had another baby, my first local boy cousin Matthew. Up to then all the kids in the family had toilet trained by 3 or so. Sure, it was expected us girls would go back to wetting our beds at puberty and nobody was kidded. But Matthew just was in no hurry to be out of diapers. At age 3 he could talk a blue streak but never hinted he wanted to try a potty. After matt was 4 the usually easy-going Aunt Betty was worried because if Matt was not out of day diapers by 5 he could not start public kindergarten. She increased the pace of toilet training, mentioning to Matt his younger brother was already dry during the day.

There must have been some rebellion in Matt, because one afternoon instead of asking to use a potty he unpinned his diaper. Aunt Betsy's answer was to get a dry gauze diaper, and had Matt lie on it face down, so she could pin it in the back where he could not reach the pins. I thought that was so funny. Then when I was 17 and about to leave home for college, Aunt Betsy asked me to babysit. It seemed that Matt, then 9, still needed diapers for bed, but he would not let any of the younger babysitterd change him. Normally my big sister did that, but she was on a trip. I had changed a million cloth diapers by then so I said I would. The strange thing is after I got Matt's night diaper ready on the changing table, he lay down on his belly, like when he was a kid. He said he liked having the pins in the back since he slept on his tummy. Matt was sleeping when Aunt betsy got home and she confirmed that was how she diapered Matt.

Oh yes, although he is not on-line, Matthew did grow up to be an active AB. His talking turned out okay because he also is a criminal defense attorney.

I wrote about this very thing in my blog last week. If you haven't tried it, you should. It works incredibly well. The bulk isn't the problem. It is just higher than the normal way. Taping is interesting but not hard. I lean up against a corner.

Putting your Nappy/Diaper on back to front can also be a lifesaver !!

Recently when out with friends I had a flood and had to go and change-you can imagine my horror when I opened my Nappy bag to find it empty !! OMG !

I had forgotten to fill it up due to alate night out and an early start as this messed up my usual "topping up" routine, so I went into the Toilet and took off the sagging Nappy and ripped out the wet filling and put it on back to front giving me another chance to prevent any embarrasement !!

I have only had to do it once so far-but "any port in a storm" especially when the flood waters rise ! :roflmao:

I wear plastic pants, and I recently found how to make it hold a lot more, but the waistband on the pants are just too loose. Why can't it be tight like the leg bands? I woke up with the front of my undies *I wear underwear over the diaper* wet.

Do you wear underwear over your diaper or over your plastic pants? At night I wear underwear over my diaper, and plastic pants over that. I use just cheap FOTL or Hanes briefs, and that waistband generally keeps anything from coming over the top. They're also good at mopping-up little leaks. (Occasionally they're soaked...but the plastic pants still keep my bed dry.) I would like to get some higher-waist pants, though, and with covered elastic. I forget the model(s), but what I want is at http://www.b4ns.com. If you've never tried Suprima, they come in a bewilderingly array of sizes. Maybe a Suprima will fit you better?

A couple of years ago I started using Tena Flex Plus and found they work better backwards. Advantages include:

- the rear padding is bigger and works better for boys

- the "belt" is more comfortable round the back

- easier to undo the back to use a toilet for number 2's

Since then I've started using that the Tena Flex Maxi and the capacity of them is so good that I generally put them on the "correct" way round. However, one advantage of reversing a nappy is that generally (as a boy) the back is dry, so you can get extra use out of them - something that can be a lifesaver when out and about without a change.

I did try plastic pants, but generally try to avoid using them as I don't find them comfy for long periods. (Also although originally a traditionalist that liked my nappies to be white and plastic-covered, over the years (and with ever-increasing time spent in wearing nappies) I find I'm generally now only using newer cloth covered and Flex/Abri-Wing type of designs.)

Tad.

• 9 months later...

Well, I hate to necro-post a year old thread, but I recently tried this and I must say its an amazing feeling. I wear secure x-plus with an incontinence pad(kinda like a belted undergarment without the belt) that I cut slits in the backsheet as a doubler. well the other day I wet my diaper as usual and went to change. When it hit me that even though I wet 3 or 4 full times and no leaks, the whole entire back was dry still. So I began to wonder if the front could hold that much, with all that extra padding the back should be able to hold more. So I put it on backwards. The fit was a little awkward at first, but the fact that secure X-Pluses have the reinforced tape landing zone allowed me to reposition the tapes several time till I got just the right fit. Well long story short it worked better than I thought. Oddly enough the back of my doubler swells far more than the front does which felt kinda strange. All-in-all I would say its kind fun to try if you haven't before.

I did this when i first tried em when i was 5. Me and younger bro were playing for like an hour or 2 up in my room. He doesnt even remember.

• 2 weeks later...

so i tryed putting on the first one backwards and then cutting a whole in it then the next one forwords and it works GREAT.. right now i am in 1 backwards diaper then 3 more over top of it :) it is so big (depends)

I had to do this with Tena's. In the US, they just have the disposable briefs (pull-ups), and they have very little padding. I couldn't afford decent padding, and had a coupon, so I bought a pack. Worn the proper way, they're leaktastic. Worn backwards, they're better, but if I poop, it'll go out the legs, so what I did was I'd double up, wearing one backwards then another the right way over top the first one.