LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Can I Give Up This Fetish ?

Ok i've tried and tried and tried to give up this fetish and I can't. Currently I just stopped getting diapers and it's probably been about 4 months since i've worn one and every day I think of wearing a diaper and I can't stop and not meaning to be nasty or anything but every single time I think of one I get turned on. Is there any possible way that I can get rid of this fetish for good ? I don't have anything against people who like this fetish or anything but I want it out of my life for good because I want to be normal (without wearing diapers) and go on with my life.

Wouldn't it be nice if this fetish had an "off" switch? Yet, even with machines, turning off is a process, even though it happens in a very short period of time--all you're doing when you press the switch is initiating a sequence of events. Weaning yourself off an addiction is a process, too--granted, it takes much, much more time, and much more work on your part. But it begins as soon as you decide it's time to let the diapers go. Your decision to quit is the off switch for a festish.

Four months is quite an achievement...I know I couldn't go that long without McDonald's french fries. Congratulations the progress you've already made!

Try thinking in terms of smaller goals--for example, tell yourself each morning, "I am going to be diaper-free today." Give yourself little rewards when you succeed. Don't punish yourself for thinking about diapers. Instead, when you're feeling "horny," try to get your mind off diapers by doing something else you enjoy--something that requires your mind to be active, like a crossword puzzle or something. Or get out of the house (AVOIDING the drugstore), hang out with your friends--put yourself in a situation where you would NOT want to start masturbating, and certainly wouldn't go buy a pack of diapers.

Think positive: you could see this as "giving up diapers," or you could see it as replacing your fetish with something healthy and enjoyable.

Whatever you do, if you cave and put on a diaper, don't declare failure! Just pick up where you left off in the weaning process. This isn't about racking up days, weeks, and months--it's about freeing yourself. You're making life more satisfying for you.

Ok i've tried and tried and tried to give up this fetish and I can't. Currently I just stopped getting diapers and it's probably been about 4 months since i've worn one and every day I think of wearing a diaper and I can't stop and not meaning to be nasty or anything but every single time I think of one I get turned on. Is there any possible way that I can get rid of this fetish for good ? I don't have anything against people who like this fetish or anything but I want it out of my life for good because I want to be normal (without wearing diapers) and go on with my life.

Normal? Who's normal? What's normal? This is a part of you that will never leave your psyche. Something that will dog you to the end of your days. Something that is well documented and well realized in the mental health community. Do they understand it? No. Someday, maybe. When they finally get their boots on. Not denigrating their efforts, mind you. It's just that they're such a lazy lot and the easy way out is to lump us all into a nice, neat package. There are similarities in all of us, granted. But, complexities abound.

The best I can suggest, is to try to find some way to balance out your diaper desires with your daily disciplines. Not an easy task. And, as far as letting friends and family in on your "dirty little secret"? I guess, that "Depends".

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You're going through what many in our community have had to go through. Me, included. Take comfort in the knowledge, that you are not alone and have a great support community here at DD.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Never say never heidilynn …

I don’t see anything wrong with anyone’s turn-on’s … it is what it is. Being 18 yrs old, you are still very young and will develop a lot of different turn-on’s throughout your life. I used to be turned on by a certain type of guy when I was younger (16ish till 22ish) I was pretty bi around that time … but now it is only women that turn my head. I can't say I will never be attracted to another guy ever again, but it is very hard to feel as if I could. You have to force your mind to think rationally about this, rather than allowing your beliefs to be based on emotions alone.

Time has a way of changing your attractions … and the way that happens is through different exposure to various things life has to offer. If you truly want to experience a new turn on, all you have to do live life and time will take care of your wishes. I’m not saying every desire can be fulfilled (especially the ones some people have with wanting to change their body back to being a kid) … but this need to change sexual turn-on’s is very fluid (moldable), but only if you experiment with different things. Not for a day or a week, because these things are not like fast food. It is more like seeds of experience, and some of them will grow and some won’t.

After 10 years of being an lg, I now no longer have any desire to wear diapers or pull-ups or anything related to it. I’m not sorry about my past attractions, but now I just have different ones … and it is all because of time … I’ve grown past it.

Hi All,

I read a story (I think it was by James Thruber) about a little boy who had a piece of gum that he couldn't get rid of. In fact, the gum started to demand to be chewed by the little boy. Ultimately, as I recall, the gum chewed the little boy instead of the other way around.

That is the terror that a paraphiliac feels when he is not able to stop his behavior. The posts so far contain some very helpful information. Take heart, Diaperlover 247, the desire will eventually lessen, and you can gain control over that part of your life.

On the other hand, there is a caution. I have been a diaper lover for more than 45 years. I have never been able to completely eliminate the latent facination I have with diapers and wetting. I revert, as is so common, in regular cycles. When that happens I have decided to accept that fact as a part of myself. I am not proud of it, but it is a part of me. I am very careful not to do anything that would physically or emotionally hurt myself or anyone else, and then my conscience can be reasonably clean.

Loving diapers is the gum we chew that we can't quite get rid of.

-D R

Hi All,

I read a story (I think it was by James Thruber) about a little boy who had a piece of gum that he couldn't get rid of. In fact, the gum started to demand to be chewed by the little boy. Ultimately, as I recall, the gum chewed the little boy instead of the other way around.

That is the terror that a paraphiliac feels when he is not able to stop his behavior. The posts so far contain some very helpful information. Take heart, Diaperlover 247, the desire will eventually lessen, and you can gain control over that part of your life.

On the other hand, there is a caution. I have been a diaper lover for more than 45 years. I have never been able to completely eliminate the latent facination I have with diapers and wetting. I revert, as is so common, in regular cycles. When that happens I have decided to accept that fact as a part of myself. I am not proud of it, but it is a part of me. I am very careful not to do anything that would physically or emotionally hurt myself or anyone else, and then my conscience can be reasonably clean.

Loving diapers is the gum we chew that we can't quite get rid of.

-D R

Fine metaphor, D R.

The "gum" does tend to stick to one's gums. Don't it?

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Never? Did I say never? Never once. Me? Never!

Oooops! :lol:

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Heidilynn:

Just in case you were wondering, I NEVER tell the truth....NEVER!!! lol...

If you want to not think about getting your middle padded, you need a good distraction...like a horny GF....

and even then the thoughts will come to you. The "Binge and Purge" cycle is a classic. After awhile, it becomes the "Binge and store" cycle as we realize that the need will return even as we find ourselves satiated for the moment. Be honest with yourself, and accept it as a part of who you are, and understand that you will want and need to act out on it from time to time. Be careful that when you decide not to act out on it, you don't suffer the consequences. Think about all those pedophilic Catholic priests -- a lot of what happened there is that they failed to accept their sexualities, with extremely destructive consequences.

Also, when you find a romantic partner, he or she may well accept your need. Think also in terms of having enough space in the relationship for both of you to do such things....inevitably, one or the other of you will want and or need more sex than the other.

And, I doubt a reputable shrink will be willing to help you get rid of your diaper desires....the model they use is harm, and, as long as you keep clean and change them, it's really hard to figure out where the harm is. Now a hypnotherapist, that might help you with a more acceptable substitution of behavior. I'm not sure what that would be, though -- somebody else will have to work on that -- maybe stretching out your finger tendons or working one of those handgrip machines or something.

The important thing is - are you happy? That is the problem. It seems you are not happy either way. There are a lot of things going on here. More than I could type. As far as getting rid of a fetish, I don't think you have a clinical fetish to get rid of. I am willing to bet you have achieved orgasm without a diaper since you have given it up. Therefore a clinical fetish would be you cannot achieve an orgasm without diapers. Now if you did have a clinical fetish there is probably a line of therapy to take. More than likely the kind given to sex offenders.

So say you want to be this supposed "normal" and remove your diaper fixation. I suppose it is possible if it is not ingrained itself too much in your thought life. If it has since childhood you need a new mind. Do all of these:

Try brainwashing. Try buying and burning diapers. Try telling a minister about your fixation. Join an accountability group. There are so many things you probably need to do to get rid of a diaper fixation. Replace it with something else. Every time you fantasize about diapers put some thumbtacks into your hand and squeeze. Ow. Get a wife and have her please your loins. Get 3 jobs and be so exhausted every day you won't want to do anything. Or get a wife and 3 jobs and forget your mind. Have surgery and remove your nads and your frontal lobe. Ok,ok. What I am getting at is the amount of stress and amount of things that need to happen to be able to completely lose your fixation is next to impossible(if it was ingrained in childhood). IMO, it is too late to fix if you are still fantasizing after 4 months and you are probably nearing a breakdown. Just don't be too hard on yourself. God loves you even if you wear diapers.

SDB

If you really want to stop - you can achieve it. Believe me! Don't bother if anyone says the opposite - they either didn't really want to stop or it was too tough for them or didn't make them happy - whatever reasons - YOU CAN STOP THIS... IF YOU REALLY WANT TO.

I have gone without diapers at times for around 4 years (in a row) - and then another two (in a row) years with only very rare diaper moments.

I have chosen to do so as I've decided to sign up for a longer trip with the military... and I didn't see how I could continue a healthy good life in diapers in the service... besides my mind, especially after being deployed to places on missions was quite preoccupied with doing what was asked of me, and staying alive at the same time... the first few months during basic training were the easiest without diaper, as we were drilled so hard, as every single fucking muscle in my body after the drills just wanted to get some sleep and some rest (and maybe a painkiller ;) sometimes... ) ;)

after a while I didn't even think or bother with diapers anymore.

I didn't stop because I did no longer want diapers or found it bad or odd - but I stopped for that time because I didn't found it practical or good for what I was doing.

When I returend home, and during the last two years I was "on and off" - had a job at a mil base... and more "off time" I decided it would be nice to occasionally have a diaper again... I enjoyed it.

but it was a decision I've made and not some "blind force". For me - diapers have been a turn on and a relaxtant, a comforter - and something I did like.

There are a few tips about stopping:

- Treat it like a drug-addiction or alcoholism - stay "dry"... don't sip a small bit of alcohol at a party or dinner - no more alcohol or drugs at all... Your mindset has to treat your diapers like that - you will have to stay clear of it - internet, photos, magazines, diapers, makeshift diapers and whatever else.

- Don't go diaper shopping, don't walk the aisles where the diapers are at your local mall, at least not in the beginning.

- You don't have to tell anyone - albeit it could help.

- Set small goals and reward yourself for them

- If you're into sports - addict this a bit more... I mean go and make 60 pushups every time you feel like putting on a diaper ... do weights, do running, whatever is your deal... basically "fine-tune" your health and body, and you will notice you will feel better, your health will improve - that alone can be a huge reward... Basically replace the diaper thing with something you're cool with.

- Don't punish yourself if you have a few let-downs and wear diapres again - it takes TIME and a LOT OF WILLPOWER.

- Don't be afraid to masturbate normally... masturbation is a huge stress-relieve valve and especially in that regard can really take of some pressure... it's not unhealthy either.After all your goal is it to get rid of your diaper-feelings and not of your sexuality. But try not fantasize about diapers while masturbating - this will be counterproductive...

Getting rid of a fetish requiers to change yourself quite a bit - habits are hard to be rid of them... especially stuff "installed" during childhood.

I know from my experience, that if I would WANT to stop (I'm quite ok with wearing diapers, I don't see it as anything evil or bad) I could... I have no allusions that it would be "instant" or "easy"... but I can do it, and I know, because I have done so before if there was a NEED.

Again, it's tough - depending on your personality and willpower - VERY TOUGH ... but it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE... it can be done.

YOU CAN DO IT...

Now the most important point I maybe have not mentioned is: MOTIVATION ... you need GOOD MOTIVATION - I mean WHY do you no longer want to have a diaper fetish? (you don't need to write an answer to this... ask yourself) ... make yourself a list (in your mind) of the REASONS why you would prefer to be without the need to wear diapers.... REMEMBER this every time you feel the need for diapers rising, tell yourself WHY you don't want diapers... THINK of all the POSITIVE things you will gain by ridding yourself of diapers.

And another thing is this - if you don't really want to stop - you could also try to accept your diaper pleasures - after all, there's worse ;)

I have to agree with most of whats been said above. If you truly want to get rid of the diaper fetish you can....you just have to treat as you would any other physical addiction or such. The good part of this is that the addiction in question is the hormones/endorphins that are associated with sexual realease. Your mind has come to associate those for whatever reason with the diapers. As a result, the main key (if you really want to get rid of the fetish completely) is to reassociate those feelings with something else. On top of not wearing any diapers, make sure you maintain a "normal" sexually active life, either through masturbation, girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever. Over time the combination will help to remove the diaper fetish.

What you need to examine is your reasons that you want to give up the fetish. Do you truly want to be completely clear of it? Or are you giving it up for eases sake, or living a "normal" life? Worst of all, are you giving it up simply to attempt to attract an SO? I would strongly recommend that you examine your desires on this matter. If you dont, and your heart really isnt in the desire to give up the diapers, then you will cause yourself alot of stress you dont really need. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor though.

I'd have to put myself in the camp of those who say you can't get rid of the fetish. All you can do is make a choice about what your actions are going to be with regards to it.

My personal opinion is that it is very simply unhealthy to think about diapers all the time. If you are truly obssessed with them, I think you're far better off wearing a diaper.

I pretty much agree with whats been said. I think if you want to get rid of it bad enough you can. If you want to go thru all that pain and suffering then thats upto you but Id much rather wear a diaper and be happy. I do understand why you want to get rid of it, but this isn't something that is ever going away without alot of work, pain and suffering and even after that you will probably still like diapers.

All this chat about trying to give it up. Seems like a lot of long, hard, emotional work to me. Not to mention, money spent on sessions and lost dreams trying to design the person you feel others want you to be. After all the expense, pain, time and work at it, your "cure" may still not happen.

Better, to my mind, to accept who and what you are. If friends and family cannot accept and love you the way you are, you may have to turn your back on them for a time. But, when you accept yourself like this and remain steadfast in your own acceptance, they will see your strength and commitment and those who truly love you will come around. After all, who needs "fair weather" friends? I don't. I now have a sizeable number of friends, locally, who accept and love this part of me. Mostly non-ABs. They would have a hard time accepting me any other way, than the way I am.

Last Easter Sunday, I had supper with mother. I wore my "purty" little Easter dress and diapers. Five years ago, this would have not been possible. We had ham and shared good company.

Hang in there.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

"- Don't be afraid to masturbate normally... masturbation is a huge stress-relieve valve and especially in that regard can really take of some pressure... it's not unhealthy either.After all your goal is it to get rid of your diaper-feelings and not of your sexuality. But try not fantasize about diapers while masturbating - this will be counterproductive..."

--Eric D.

Yeah, I used to do that years ago, trying to expunge my diaper desires during purge cycle. Funny thing, though. I couldn't help but fantasize about them during the deed. Nor could I quell my thoughts about them, when having sex with my wife or girlfriends. The most counter-productive thing you can do, is to deny this part of your own sexuality and spirituality. Fortunately, I've grown beyond such mundane matters.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

As i have heard somwhere before 'normal' is a setting on a washing machine!

You can give up being ab/dl but 'it' will never give up on you.

One has to try and find different ways to come to terms with it; all of course easier said than done!

In all of this try and be kind to yourself.

Mal.

Mal has it right. We are talking addiction here. An alcoholic is still an alcoholic even if they've quit drinking. As for feeling better about who we are, I don't see my desire to wear diapers as being any different from my strong preference for skinny women, except for how others think.

I admit that at age 18 I was buying diapers only to throw most of them away after a session including an orgasm made me feel regretful. But 25 years later I am just having fun, because I've accepted myself, and don't give a damn about what anybody else thinks (the source of anxiety).

But, as I have pointed out, accepting yourself (and ignoring others) takes time. In the meantime, I offer this suggestion: When I was dating, I found I had a much better time if I wasn't thinking about getting into her pants. So I would masturbate right before a date. If the date went well, I still had plenty of desire, but sex was off my mind otherwise.

I suggest that you do masturbate whenever you feel like wearing diapers. And it's perfectly okay to think about wearing while masturbating. What you want to get away from is wearing. You might also want to never want to wear diapers again, but that's not possible, and not necessary.

Hope this helps.

Just to be clear, I encourage masturbating because, if you're like me, the desire to wear diapers disappears after an orgasm. Keep yourself well serviced and you will never wear again because desire to wear diapers is a function of desire for sexual release. At least for me it is.

We are talking addiction here.

Yes, an addiction is an addiction. Unfortunately, for most, diaper addictions are formed well before puberty. Unless your mum was spiking your ba-ba with wod-ka, an alcohol addiction is usually formed well after. When something is "hard-wired" into your psyche during formative years, especially something that can be deeply emotional, it's extremely hard to get rid of. My suggestion? Like most all the other confirmed lunatics here would say. :lol: Have fun with it. Life's too short. So, life hands you a lemon. Make lemonade. As the saying goes.

When diaper desires start at age five or younger, for whatever reason, they become a part of you, forever. Not to worry, though. There are some able to sublimate, adapt or adjust. But, their diaper desires will always be with them. It's all how you handle it as you grow. Fortunately, there are forums such as these, where you can air your concerns, frustrations and personal dilemmas. Something I wish had been available to me back in the "Dark Ages", pre-internet.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn

To quote that incredible nautical explorer "I YAM WHAT I YAM".

To you it may seem unfortunate to be wired the way you are, (I know that many, many times in my life I wished that I wasn't wired this way), but you are.

You may find it easier to hold back the tide, or to race a sunbeam, because you are who you are. That's the long and short of it.

The reference to Catholic priests and their love of alter boys earlier in this post, (while it is sick and disturbing) is an appropriate comparison. That is, of course, not to say that we who like diapers are pedofiles, because, for the most part, that is simply NOT true. But that it is accurate to say that this is something that you cannot change.

That is why sex offenders should NEVER be released from prison, because it doesn't matter how much "therapy" they get while in jail, they'll ALWAYS be pedofiles and rapists. That is why they should all be executed.

Your diaper desires, whether you are AB or DL, are hardwired into your personality, they are part of what makes you you. Just as I am who I am because I wear diapers too. That is NOT the defining thing that makes me me, but it is one part in the many parts of my psychological make up. One part of me that has always been, and will always be there.

I suggest that you think things over, and instead of punishing yourself for being who you are, look for some sort of balance in your life, where it is okay to have these desires, but that they don't rule your life.

Just my thoughts,

Vic

Just to be clear, I encourage masturbating because, if you're like me, the desire to wear diapers disappears after an orgasm. Keep yourself well serviced and you will never wear again because desire to wear diapers is a function of desire for sexual release. At least for me it is.

This is how I am as well. I had a phase a few years ago when I tried not to wear anymore (I'm typing this while wearing a Bambino, btw :-p ). That is exactly what I did: Masturbate more often because like "Toddler Pampers", it's very sexual to me (not 100% in my case, but somewhere in the 80's/90's) and once I've gotten off I very, very, rarely desire to keep wearing them for at least the rest of that day.

Guest Baby_brad

Therefore a clinical fetish would be you cannot achieve an orgasm without diapers. Now if you did have a clinical fetish there is probably a line of therapy to take. More than likely the kind given to sex offenders.

Oh please tell me we're not comparing Diapers with sex offenders now?

Try buying and burning diapers

I don't think thats too good for the burner or the environment....