LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Way To Keep The Gel From Spilling Out?

I've been tossing a size 6 baby diaper in my depends recently, and I really like the extra absorption, but I keep getting that gel all over me and I have to shower in between changings.

I usually just slice a straight slit down the entire centre of the baby diaper, as that seems to work the best in terms of leaks and absorption.

Any tips? Poking holes or something instead maybe? I don't want to waste too many different diapers experimenting

When I double up, I usually just poke a series of holes into the inner diaper with a safety pin. These holes are small enough to allow liquid to pass through once the inner diaper is saturated, but are nowhere near big enough to allow the gel to leak.

OOh, ooh! I have a thread on this! with pictures!

http://www.diapersforum.com/showthread.php?t=3

A few posts down, read from seattletype, who says something called a 'wharton wheel' works more or less like a lawn aerator, poking holes in the outer plastic/cover of your inner diaper.

Lately, I've been poking holes myself, with really sharp tweezers or the same knife, just using the point. Significantly longer wear and less gel escape.

When I double up, I usually just poke a series of holes into the inner diaper with a safety pin. These holes are small enough to allow liquid to pass through once the inner diaper is saturated, but are nowhere near big enough to allow the gel to leak.

Same here, except I usually use a thumbtack.

Make yourself a "Nail Paddle" like I did. I got a piece of wood, called a

1 x 4. It's actually about 3/4 inch thick by 3.5 inch wide and about a foot long.

(cut to the length you want..)

Then I take 1.25 inch finish nails and pound them thru one end of the board,

in an area about 3 x 3 inches. Space them about 1/4 inch apart. Now you have

a paddle to "smack" your disposable diaper with, thus perferating the plastic

backing alot quicker than with a single pin or needle. Using this, the gel does

not fall thru the diaper.