LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The "hunters" Topic Got Me Thinking...

Dont get me started on guns

Guns for defense what a pile of cow poo. Your statiscal more likey to shoot a loved one than ever use the gun in self defense. True guns are not evil but restrict there ownership and restrict the chances of someone doing evil with them.

i go up against drug dealers, crackheads and various other criminals in my day to day job. a good 25 to 30% are packing a weapon(handgun, knife, collapsable baton, brass knuckles etc.). i carry a firearm(technically 2) for protection. i, for one, would love to see where you got those stats from. just because you dont like guns, doesnt mean everybody else has to agree with you. like ranger said, go start an anti-gun thread and debate it there.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a single issue voter when it gets to that. I never, ever vote for a candidate with an anti-gun stance.

I consider gun control the "criminal protection act" since it pretty much guarantees a criminal won't get hurt while committing a crime.

.45 Colt

9mm

Two 12 gauges

My ex was a gun collector and owned quite an expensive and extensive arsenal.....he was also a hunter...hunting was definitely one of his passions ......i personally enjoyed the sport activities we used them for as well as their beauty of craftsmanship and age.....

i was raised with guns around....and understand the reasons for population control when it comes to hunting......i know that it probably seems that the US has a obsession with gun ownership....i myself don't see the need to own a semi automatic assault weapon that could take out a small city.......but i do understand the reason for not wanting any strictor laws governing gun ownership....it's a complicated and sensitive subject even among US citizens....

but as for the reasons people own guns or desire to own guns....from my own limited experience here is my theory on the "macho man/gun" idea...

where i live owning a gun is almost a right of passage for a boy, hunting with your Dad, Grandpa, Uncle or other family member is a tradition....it's a bonding experience between generations, between family and between males.......from learning about gun safety and ownership to "taking your first fill in the blank...(around here it would be deer)..." Men regularly hunt together, in doing so they often find it a way to "get time away" away from family, wives/girlfriend, stress, work etc....and it's a great way to be out in nature.......to experience their family history.....it's that feeling of doing something basic...primal...feeling a rush of ancestry and history....and tradition....there is also a pride in ownership and craftsmanship.....evidenced by the people posting in this thread who lovingly list some of their prized possesions....

The above isn't to say a woman can't participate in this same "traditions" ...many women do....myself included..i've own my own handguns which i only used for target shooting......my guess and i might be wrong, but of the women i know who do own guns or actively participate in any sport which they are involved probably became involved due to her relationship with someone who was already a gun lover and who wanted to share their interests with them..........

just my thoughts on guns and hunting...........

This is an interesting thread. You can tell the difference between different nationalities based on their gun control laws. Having lived in a few countries I've come to appreciate different points of view, but to answer your question: I have several handguns, a Remington 870 Marine Magnum shotgun and AR-15. I've (legally) carried concealed for years. :-)

--Lex

A .357 S&W. 5in. barrel. .270 Winch and a Rem 12 gauge auto. And all the ammo I'll ever need. I'm looking to expand my collection to include an MP5-K. But, that would kind of be overkill, wouldn't it?

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Ive shot a HK SP89 (civilain version of the MP5-K) and its definantly worth it. ive ben saving twoards the new GSG-5 .22 MP-5 knockoff that atlantic is importing in feb.

As any of you guys will know from talking with me in the chat room - I have pretty strong opinions on guns - as in.....thankfully it's illegal to own one in England.

Now before you start having a go at me saying "it's a right/it's our heritage" I think guns are a necessary part of life if you live in places where you could be attacked by wild animals. A friend of mine lives in (probably spelled this wrong) Timmins? In Canada.....he's English but has lived there for a long time.

He owns a gun legally and uses it to protect himself against bears and wolves and other wild creatures that encrouch his property. This I have absolutely no problem with. HOWEVER what I do have a major problem with is the fact that the sick f**k thinks its fun, sport and sends me emails of dead bears shot to pieces. I tell him to grow up, but at 59 years old there's no hope for him - now that's in Canada where their gun controls seems far stricter than in America

Lets get one thing straight and its my opinion and opinons are like arseholes - we all have one and some stink bad! But I find any form of hunting absolutely disgusting and how the hell do you class it as sport - do you give the deer/bears/birds arming options too? A hunter is a coward, hiding away, shooting at innocent animals.

Oh and then you've got the "I own it for my own protection". Good for you - so why brag about it? One handgun....no thats not enough.......it sounds like one hand gun per rooms, a few shotguns, sub machine guns, rocket launches, cruise missles, F1-11 aircraft and nuclear loaded missiles would be just about the right level (I jest of course in some of that statement!).

So - take it or leave it, flame me or accept my views - either way I dont care. The people I chat with know I am pretty forthright with my opinions and I am proud to say that with me - WYSIWYG is pretty much a good description.

Lets hope that England remains friends with America forever whilst NEVER adopting their love/ownership/obsession with guns.

dynamick

PS - Guns don't kill people apparently!

Guns DON'T kill people. The criminal using them does.

Well I suppose they don't but - if the criminal didn't have the gun in the first place, simply shouting B A N G ! ! ! and then running away wouldn't have much effect unless you had a heart condition I suppose ;)

dynamick

A hunter is a coward, hiding away, shooting at innocent animals.

You better be a vegan. If you think tracking wild animals through the woods for hours is cowardly it would be really hypocritical to hire people to herd domestic animals into small smaces where their throats are slit or there skull are punctured. Thats what you do when you buy meat.

You better be a vegan. If you think tracking wild animals through the woods for hours is cowardly it would be really hypocritical to hire people to herd domestic animals into small smaces where their throats are slit or there skull are punctured. Thats what you do when you buy meat.

I think hunting animals for sport is barbaric, how anyone classes it as a sport is beyond me - what chance does the animal get? But I said in my previous post (which I hope you read thoroughly and not just the bits that annoyed you) - I am expressing my opinion - you just dont seem to like that do you?

I am predominently vegetarian - I have no problems at all eating meat when I want to eat meat or when I'm hungry - I just choose not to because I find it healthier to live a vegetarian lifestyle. My best friend is a butcher, I've no problem with people who want to eat meat - but I do not like animals being hunted and I don't like guns - end of story.

Dynamick

Well I suppose they don't but - if the criminal didn't have the gun in the first place, simply shouting B A N G ! ! ! and then running away wouldn't have much effect unless you had a heart condition I suppose ;)

dynamick

You know, just the other day the funniest thing happened at the local gunshop. A gangbanger came looking for a new piece. He asked for the best all around gun for drug deals, drive bys, bank robbing, and ass cap popping. The clerk suggested a lovely new Glock 9mm. The gangbanger wrote a personal check for $700 dollars and change. The store clerk said happy shooting thanks for your business.......

Or, he got one with filed off serial numbers in some alley from some other banger in a trade for some crack or meth.

Bottom line is this, criminals do not legally buy guns. Therefore, if all guns are illegal, criminals will still have guns. There is a country I read about where handguns ARE illegal, yet, there are still gun crimes commited. Even their police forces had start carrying guns. Too bad I can't remember the name of that country.

You know, just the other day the funniest thing happened at the local gunshop. A gangbanger came looking for a new piece. He asked for the best all around gun for drug deals, drive bys, bank robbing, and ass cap popping. The clerk suggested a lovely new Glock 9mm. The gangbanger wrote a personal check for $700 dollars and change. The store clerk said happy shooting thanks for your business.......

Or, he got one with filed off serial numbers in some alley from some other banger in a trade for some crack or meth.

Bottom line is this, criminals do not legally buy guns. Therefore, if all guns are illegal, criminals will still have guns. There is a country I read about where handguns ARE illegal, yet, there are still gun crimes commited. Even their police forces had start carrying guns. Too bad I can't remember the name of that country.

I believe the country you think allows its police force to carry guns - is the United Kingdom. The fact is, there are trained units (and always have been) of armed officers - not every officer carries a gun and I cant really see that ever happening.

I'll always stand by my views on guns as will gun lovers across the world. We are all entitled to our opinions, thats called free speech.

Regards

Dynamick

Why do you think the serial number was filed off?? Well damn it was a legally bought gun.

Chances are it wasn't stolen and then used, it was legally bought then illigaly sold on by some "honest" person.

On a side note how many people own a gun illigally. When everyone and there cat has a gun i'm sure when you see someone with a gun you assume it's legal.