LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Potty training while wearing diapers

If you are incontinent then continue on with what you are doing. If you diaper up for the hell of it then again don't worry about it. Your kid needs the knowledge an the social lesson of potty training. To some it's a nessisary evil. If your kid doesn't have a mental or physical problem then it's only expected of them to be potty trained by at least 4, for school and doctor and social purposes. Now I by no means am an expert but this is just my oppinion.

Continue on with the potty training and be real about in and definitely not lazy. If your kid finds out about your stash and secret "If he/she doesn't already know" then simply explain it.

Potty train your kid, and if they find a liking for diapers later on in life then let it be.

• Like 1

Mine is almost three. He loves training pants but uses them as diapers. He also seems to have it backwards, he finds potties icky and then he will want to try pooping in it and thinks pee goes in the diaper and poo goes in the potty. I have went back to using cloth diapers again and sometimes I think about having him go diaper less like some parents do when they toilet train their kids because they will just use their training pants as diapers. He has seen his dad pee in the toilet and his grandpa too. I am thinking about peeing in the toilet too and having him watch. He has seen me poo in the toilet. I am also thinking about getting him regular underpants and tell him to not get Lightning McQueeen wet or Thomas wet or Spiderman wet. Some parents have done that and it got their kids to train.

Mine is almost three. He loves training pants but uses them as diapers. He also seems to have it backwards, he finds potties icky and then he will want to try pooping in it and thinks pee goes in the diaper and poo goes in the potty. I have went back to using cloth diapers again and sometimes I think about having him go diaper less like some parents do when they toilet train their kids because they will just use their training pants as diapers. He has seen his dad pee in the toilet and his grandpa too. I am thinking about peeing in the toilet too and having him watch. He has seen me poo in the toilet. I am also thinking about getting him regular underpants and tell him to not get Lightning McQueeen wet or Thomas wet or Spiderman wet. Some parents have done that and it got their kids to train.

I do not have kids but I think when I have kids I will feel like a hypocrite when this stage comes along. I think the best thing is to just be straightforward and gentle with it. Tell them what needs to happen that they need to learn how to use the toilet to go to school. I do not believe in what I think is borderline brainwashing which is to say that diapers are for babies and they are nasty. Let them take their time and learn at their own pace while still encouraging them and not being forceful with the issue. I hope that my own kids will just decide on their own that they no longer want or need diapers. If they are wanting to hang onto diapers like I wanted to I guess the thing to do is to prepare them with the idea that they cannot be dependent on them anymore and that mommy and daddy will not be changing them anymore and that they need to be able to take care of their excretory needs on their own. I do not know if I am at the point where I could say or suggest to just take the diapers away but you will do what your think is right and so will I.

• 1 month later...

I dont have kids but if I did I I would try to potty train him around three. I would probably discuss that it TV is okay to like diapers but part TV of becoming f a big boy or big girl is learning to go potty like big kids do and that in a few years once you are potty trained you want to wear diapers part of the time that it would be ok but you got to learn to go potty cause you(stilltalking to your kid) dont want to be made fun of for wearing diapers at preschool, daycare ,or kidnergarden if you arent potty trained. And tell him or her that you went through the same thing at his or her age. Potty training is a tough job from what I have seen and takes time and patience and my sister had a harder time with her older boy cause he wanted to be diapered just like his brother basically cause of the extra attention that babies get with changing diapers.

It is important for us to teach children to be independent and display socially acceptable behavior. Once they learn that, as they get older and grow to be adults, they will have the wisdom to decide when and how to return to their "pre-potty" days and do it in private and in such a way that it won't negatively affect their lives. As very young children, they can't decide what is socially right and wrong; they must be taught what is and why it is.

• Like 1

Yes, it was a strange period in my life when we potty trained our kids while I was wearing diapers. But clearly: as a partent I am responsible for teaching my kids all essential life skills including how to use the potty. What I am wearing under my clothes is none of their business, just like it's nobody else's. There might be a time in life when they will have to be responsible for me, but that's a far way's out, I hope.

My youngest sister Missy is even more profoundly urinary incontinent that I am. By the time I graduated from law school passed several bar exams and completed my post graduation term as a research law clerk with a Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, Missy was married. She also was pregnant.