LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ever have any weird encounters with doctors?

I see doctors quite frequently, so there have been numerous experiences in which medical personnel have seen my diaper. The only truly embarrassing one, however, occurred in 1995.

• 2 weeks later...

As a matter of fact, I did. my first meeting with the female surgeion who would do the surgery to remove a malignant perotid gland in 1998. Before I left, I heard on the radio a feature on the world's worst pickup lines. the #1 of which was "can I call you VISA: You're everywhere I want to be".

So, I wait in the exam room and in she walks, Someone must have told here about my eyesight. She said "Don't worry, I don't have any big needles. If you could see me, you'd see how beautiful I am". After a milisecond double-take Guess what I said

Since I started wearing, I have been very upfront about it. I don't run around shouting it out from rooftops, but generally I dress the way I want to dress, and be comfortable. Now being that I wear mostly dresses, I don't normally have a problem, but when I do opt for skirts or pants, they tend to be hip huggers. (I dare you girls to find clothes that don't look like maternity clothes that actually come to the waist at a target (Easy please for me to buy clothing.).) So with my shirt, if I sit, or move to much, I normally flash a bit.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This has been a great thread. So far I have had nothing but support, or if nothing else, professional indifference from doctors and their staff. Wearing diapers while getting CT scans and ultra sounds I would have maybe had an issue, but they just carried on, tucking a drop sheet thingy into the top of the diaper when necessary like it was all very commonplace. I have some incontinence issues that I'm very shy about and was naturally quite worried before some of these appointments. Maybe they see so many people that they picked up on this and acted accordingly to make me feel more at ease during these otherwise uncomfortable situations.

• 4 weeks later...

Never. Although I have worn discretely to the dentist on one or two occasions with no Ill effects. One time I discussed an issue with my sperm with a doctor and I mentioned that at the time I had been having issues with bed wetting and had been using diapers to cope. He didn't really flinch or react to that - and didn't indicate that the two (diapers and low sperm count) would have a correlation necessarily. It was awkward - and his reaction didn't help.

Ok, I just had a really weird- and embarrassing- encounter with my new urologist this afternoon. I went to see a new doctor about trying to get a sphincterotomy done. During the consult I told him up front that I was wearing a diaper and since I have been straining to pee it has caused bad hemorrhoids. As such; I also had a catheter in to alleviate my straining to allow the hemorrhoid to heal.

I've seen lots and lots of doctors over the last 10 years or so and what I find weird is I'll go through my medical history telling them everything they need to know about my incontinence and that it cant be fixed yet nearly all of them seem to be on a mission to cure it even though I have had every test under the sun and got nowhere they all go through the same list.......have you had this done have you had that done etc etc. I think there must be a prize up for grabs for the first doctor to cure incurable incontinence, it just seems weird that so many of them seem to obsess over it

Sorry billy but that isn't a weird encounter. It is actually quite common, or at least it has been for me. EVERY urologist I've been to so far has been absolutely focused on getting me 100% cured- usually with just pills too. I know it's absurd but that's what they are actually taught in medical school now & for the last 20+ years. Some seem to be coming back around to the fact that you can't "cure" everybody, but they are very rare.

While I know that is true for here, but at multiple ic support group boards that I have visited, people who legitimately are trying to be cured, seem to for the most part see the pills as either horribly flawed with side affects or only lessen the symptoms (and for some reason) only temporarily.

Many who are not fetishist say, what is the point in a partial cure if I still have to wear diapers all the time?

Granted there are also those who are just grateful for less episodes even if they cannot be eliminated. I am guessing they are the slot of people urologists are trained to expect and want to help.....sloooowly, over the course of years figuring out which medication, physical therapy, surgery or combination will get you to the point of no accidents or at the very least, radically reduced accidents.

Even if this wasn't a fetish to me, why spend so much money at the urologist, so much money on pills, still have to buy diapers/pads. I would get fed up like many of them do and say, screw it. My QOL is better just having the diapers.

Spargano

Hey Spargano

There's a reason the pills only work for a while, and its pretty straightforward

The pills typically change levels of neurotransmitters or hormones, that is they alter the gains in the nervous system. But the nervous system is adaptive, and changes the gains back to "normal" over time. If there are sensitivities or breaks in the reflex loops, as with brian and his damaged back, no amount of adjusting the gain in the nervous system is going to do any good...though I suppose that the mad scientist Dill Pickle could construct a bladder implanted buzzer to let Bryan know when his bladder was full and maybe release his sphincter (or artificial valve) on command from his remote control...

Brian

I have some ideas on how to make it work, but I would need to be in contact with someone with some experience in the medical device area to truly proceed. Unless you want to bug me about it as a hobby project, that could also work...But there are probably thousands like you who need the same kind of help.

Dill, thanks bet even with a device to let me know when I'm getting full I would still have a hard time peeing any ways. In fact I'd rather not be able to hold it at all, which is why I'm pursuing a sphincterotomy. I've already seen the urologist I mentioned above, but I have to wait till monday before I (might) find out for sure if he's willing to go with it.

Brian

I know YOU would feel better and probably be healthier if nothing held back your urine, and hope you achieve your goal.

Mad scientist Dill Pickle, on the other hand, thinks that there might be a lot of folks interested in the sorts of devices we are describing; stents and such. So I toss out crazy ideas...see what flies...for example, suppose you knew that 200 ml of air from a clean syringe injected through the urethra would make your bladder decide it really was time to pee and it contracted. I think there are a lot of people who would benefit from that.

But I am not currently working in the right sort of environment to pull that off, I would need help and support.

The clean syringe is no problem, but producing clean air would be hard.

I work with compressed air machinery, and even though we have good filters that are replace regularly, the air is very dirty and moist.

The only reasonable way to get a clean gas, would be to use oxygen produced for breathing.

Drawing air through a sterile gauze pad would not produce clean air.

It would be better than nothing, but air has a lot of microscopic stuff in it.

Air also has a lot of moisture that can transport small stuff in it.

For safety I would only use microscopically filtered dried air.