LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another person traveling towards Incontinence

Update and question:

I am glad I downloaded the app urobladderDiary. It allows me to track my intake of liquids and also my wettings.

What I find interesting is the lack of a classifiable pattern. Looking at a day there are times I pee 3 times in a half hour, pee every half hour, every hour. And then there will be times when I don't pee for 2 and a half to 3 hours.

Is this sort of inconsistency normal given the basic intake of water being fairly constant?

Spargano

Spargano,

Thanks for mentionining urobladderDiary. I've been using iDry for several months, but urobladderDiary looks like a more sophisticated app.

Does anyone else know of any other apps that chart diaper usage?

So the disabilities card at the airport worked like a charm. The tsa agent was professional and kind. No one talked, no one mentioned what was in my bag.

My card read: incontinence: 2nd bag med. supplies

This saves a bit of money :)

Spargano

I didn't know you could do that. Depending on who you fly with I usually get the first bag free plus another small carry on bag. So if you tell them you're carrying medical supplies they let you check or carry on the second bag for free as well???

Hi Baby Brian,

I don't know about checked bags because I didn't ask, but for carry on bags you present a disabilities card to the boarding pass person and they will professionally (hopefully) ask you to separate your personal bag from the carry on. And run it through the machine.

I have watched the X-ray machine once to see what they see and they can definitely see our diapers. So if the tsa already sees the diapers one might as well just own it. Previously I would have to check a large suitcase because I could not fit a week worth of diapers and my clothes in a carry on. Now, I don't have to worry if I am traveling alone or with my wife. :)

So yes, you are allowed a free second carry on for medical supplies.

Spargano

Spargano, cool I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I fly. I'll have to see about what they accept for a disability card. I usually use my retired disabled military id for stuff like that.

Spargano, cool I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I fly. I'll have to see about what they accept for a disability card. I usually use my retired disabled military id for stuff like that.

If you type in TSA disability card in google it will take you to the a page to download the card. You do not need to supply proof of your disability.

Spargano

personally i think you should've just stayed relaxed. if your diaper leaked then it would just re-inforce the mental state that you need to wear them. plus holding it in will set you back a bit, or so i've read.

I am visiting my wife. At my home I have a suitcase of diapers in the car. Here in Chicago, where she goes to school i do not have diapers in her car. I had to take her to an appointment. Leaking in her car or in front of her people at the appointment is not a good idea socially... Hence the forced situation.

I am sure it set me back a little but it taught me a lesson in preparedness.

Spargano

Good thing you posted that here. If you posted that in the ...Are You Really A DL If You Complain... thread in the IC-Med group, someone might have pointed out that you weren't forced to hold - you chose to hold. :rolleyes:

Lol, yes my choice not to potentially embarrass my wife or leak in her car.... Still a choice but not much of one :) I complained to her too and she felt bad for me.

Spargano

at Spargano *nods* ah, i don't remember you specifiying you were in THAT situation. you made the right choice then.

Wow, with Such cold weather makes restroom cold too... Changing my diaper in a Burger King bathroom in Chicago was chilly!

I used to hate these trips because I would have to hide my diapers from my inlaws and while my father in law and sister in law don't know they aren't the nosy ones like my mother in law... Now that she knows I feel like I have not had to back peddle in my training as times past. Those times probably set me back a lot in the years prior...

Also, the urobladderdiary app is showing a steady increase in wettings from 12-14 a day. Gotta keep it up and remain hydrated.

Thank you all again for your support, advice, and comradely

Spargano

I try to drink 16 oz an hour. Unfortunately I rarely hit that...

Also as a packing note .... Pack one extra diaper per day than you normally use and one extra day's worth. I have 6 diapers to least tonight through tomorrow. That's cutting it close...

Spargano

Really?!! With that kind of intake, I'm surprised you aren't experiencing water toxicity. I'd think you'd be flushing all the electrolytes out of your body. That's an incredible amount of water.

nods in agreement* yeah that's... a lot more than i thought you drank. i thought you took a drink of water whenever you wet.... you really need to either cut back or drink pedialyte or similar.

that's good, but suppliments can just as easily get washed through your system too. still it would be better for you to drink a pedilyte soulution too just to be safe, think of it as more practice relaxing, lol.

i mostly drink water, a glass of juice and occasionally some tea or hot apple cider when i wear.