LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And Dorms

I've wet the bed almost every night since I electrocuted myself when I was very young. I wear diapers at night and during the day if I think I might fall asleep in class. I would call myself a diaper lover because I feel much better when I'm in a diaper.

I started university in September, and I'm enjoying it. My classes are going well, and I've made good friends. I am having some problems with my diapers, and I am hoping someone who has been in a similar position could give me some advice. I live in a single dorm room, and share a washroom with the rest of the people on my floor. At home I kept my used diapers in a bucket with a lid in the washroom. Now I keep the bucket and my diapers hidden in my closet. My dorm room is very small, and when I open the bucket the room smells like pee for an hour. This was not a problem at home because the washroom had a fan, and that smell isn't such an issue in a washroom. I can't think of any better place to put my used diapers, and I would really appreciate some suggestions.

The second problem is that I don't like keeping the diapers a secret from the people I live with. They are very understanding, and I know I may be treated differently if they knew I was wearing a diaper, but I know they wouldn't tease and be cruel to me. I don't like keeping such a big secret, and I would be much happier if they knew I wore diapers. I've never had the currage to tell my friends that I wear diapers, but I've made it my new year's resolution to do so. If I were asked if I wear diapers, I would say yes, but thats never happened, and I don't expect it ever will. I don't think I can blurt out "I wear diapers" for no reason. There must be other people who have dealt with this, and I would really like to hear how you let people know and what their reaction was.

I'm now in my third year of university. For the first two years I lived in residence. I pretty much kept my diapers a secret except for one time when my friend was over. I wouldn't use a bucket for your diapers. The residence I lived in had mini-garbage bags that I would use everyday to throw away the diapers.

If you don't want to deal with taking diapers out to the trash everyday, put the diapers in ziplock bags. As long as you're just peeing in the diapers, the ziplock bags should contain the smell for at least several days. Stick the bags in a trashbag with an air freshener, and you can go even longer without smelling them.

Ping Pong,you don't say whether or not you wear disposable or cloth diapers. After reading your post I'm assuming you wear cloth. If that's true,is there some reason you can't wear disposables? If you wear disposables,do what I do. Put your diapers in a plastic T-shirt bag. Then sneak them out to the dumpster either late at night or early in the morning. Hope this helps somewhat.

Why do your friends need to know? Will it benefit them in any way to know? Are you really keeping a secret from them or just not mentioning something about your body? For instance do all your female friends tell you when they are on and what kind of protection they are wearing? You say they won't make fun of you and that is great. In what positive way would it change your relationship with them though? You already have a network of people here that are willing to talk about it so it's not like you need them to talk about it. If your heart is set on telling them then bring the subject up subtly and slowly and then if people seem to want to know more tell them. I just don't think there is any need to.

Just my thoughts.

Brian, this is the internet. No matter how 'important' we may seem, or whatever kind of 'support' we give to others who frequent the same discussion board, we still don't really 'matter'.

What does matter to this young man, though, is that the people around him know that he's wearing a diaper. No, it's not a big deal, per se, but it's a great burden to be freed of when you don't have to hide from your friends.

If you're having trouble 'coming out', I highly suggest attending a drinking/smoking session with your roommate/friends. When everyone is having a good time, and connecting with one another, you'll start to feel a little more open and comfortable --Just wait for the opportunity to come if you like.

Or, be proactive, and tell-all. Its not as hard as you think, I promise.

Give it a go!

Good luck

Why not just buy a large Diaper Genie? You can keep it in your closet and only have to empty it when it's full. The whole point of it is to control odor and they do work. I would think this would be a wise investment for you whether you tell your classmates or not. Just an idea, hope it helps. Good luck

Freda

Way back in early 1981 when I got the fantastic news not only was I accepted by the university of my dreams for pre-law, I had earned a full-ride scholarship, I was not about to rock the boat. I reported to my assigned dorm room with half a bag of Attends and a new rubber sheet packed in my suitcase.

Times changed for the better over the years. A lot of women have shared their experiences with me, as well as their hopes and dreams. Thus in 2002 I knew daughters of two very good friends were ready to start at universities and both of those gals had hardly any bladder control. Alexis lost most of her control when she reached puberty, and had discovered for bed pinned cloth diapers worked best for her. Ginnifer never gained bladder control, and had grown up in Oregon mostly wearing cloth diapers. They consulted each other and me. There did not seem to be any need to discuss enuresis in the application. However, the second each got their acceptance package, they made appointments with the housing director at their respective universities.

Their experience was similar. Clearly it is not rare nor shocking for college students to wet beds. Apparently it was considered honest and refreshing by the housing directors when prospective students were up-front about it. Both girls asked to be allowed to bring their own mattresses, which already were protected. Each was assigned a room convenient to washing machines. Each was assigned as a roommate a gal who had stated she did not mind (Alexis) or who admitted wetting (Ginnifer).

Neither had any serious problems with teasing and so on. Alexis is currently in her second year of med school, expecting to train as a urologist. Ginnifer graduated and got married last June.

PingPong, I'm assuming you wear disposables (because washing cloth and plastic pants would seem to be difficult in a dorm situation). I'd recommend getting some scented/deodorant diaper disposal bags. They work well at controlling odors, they're quite inexpensive--the "dollar store" near here sells them in packages of a hundred, which is one cent per bag--and though they're made for baby diapers I've found an adult diaper will fit if it's rolled up tightly. You just put in the diaper, tie the bag shut, and toss it in the garbage--the odor isn't completely gone, but greatly reduced. In your case I'd suggest taking it out of your room each morning and putting it right into the dumpster or garbage chute or whatever your dorm has, so the trace of odor that's left won't build up in your room.

I wear disposable diapers, I should have stated that.

Keeping my diapers a secret means I always have to keep people at a distance. There are a number of reasons why would be happier if the people I live with knew. Whenever I am in a situation when my diapers could be discovered I become very tense. For instance when we all crowd into a room to watch a movie all I do is worry that someone will feel the extra padding in my pants. There were times in high school when I thought someone had found out I wore diapers, but was not telling me so, I would get paranoid. There was also a time when someone who had done me many favors locked them self out of their room late at night, and I would have volunteered my floor if not for my secret.

I never told anyone in highschool that I wore diapers, but the people I live with are not the same immature monkeys. An openly gay student in my building is accepted and well liked; I have never heard him insulted because of it, or anyone say mean things behind his back.

I believe I will be much happier if I let people know I wear diapers. I think telling people I wear diapers is something I'll have to deal with at some point in my life and I should get it over with.

Personal i would go for the aproch of. Not actualy telling anyone but not worry if somedoes find out your wearing them for a medical reason its not your fault. If someone does finds out just tell them the truth. with dirties. There the baby type bags. Or just any non seethrew plastic bag and put them stright into the trash as soon as your done with them. Also make sure your drinking enough water. Keep your self hydrated your want your urine to be clear that will reduce the smell(but you will go more)

I've found it helpful in my life to make a distinction between two different kinds of "not telling". There's secret, and then there's private.

Secret means you're frightened of anyone ever knowing, and you have to lie and hide and twist things around in your life to make sure you're never found out.

Private means you don't go out of your way to tell anyone, but the people closest to you might know--or might not--and either way, if anyone finds out, it's not a huge deal.

Secret sucks. Private is a lot better. It may not be necessary to tell everyone you know that you wear diapers, but I think if you cultivate the mental attitude that they're private--not secret--you'll get yourself into a much happier place. It sounds to me like you're on the right track.

Welcome to college! You should be excited to be in a position where you can be whoever you want to be as you now no longer have to fit into the mold you created for yourself up through high school. Talk to that kid who is openly gay and there is a good chance that coming to college was a liberating experience for him because he could finally come out of the closet and be who he is. In high school most kids start experiencing changes in personality/sexuality/whatever but have a hard time changing because they are in the same surroundings they've been in their whole life and your environment really does shape you. When you go to college, in a new environment, it's usually a very freeing feeling as you are able to drop your old habits or lifestyle, etc.

As for wetting the bed, it's not completely uncommon that you will meet a lot of people who will or have wet the bed just due to plain old intoxication. Since my college days I've probably wet the bed a dozen times after a night of drinking. And, I've heard plenty of stories about others who wet the bed in similar situations.

Since you also wear diapers during the day sometimes I think I would just do as you have been doing - just be open, don't go to any great lengths to hide your diapers, and answer truthfully if someone asks you about them. It's ok to tell people you are close with but I see no need to announce to everyone that you wear diapers. Think about why you wear diapers, why you need to wear them, what would happen if you didn't wear them, and accept them as a necessity. Once you can accept them you will find everything will fall into place.

To avoid the smell of used diapers, just take out your garbage everyday. Use a trashbag liner in your bin to keep the bin from smelling. Wash it out with bleach once a week. Keep it clean. Use an air freshener in your room.

Good luck!

There was a lad in halls in my frist year that stupidly admiteed to one of my freinds that he likes to wear women underwear. My freind can be quite nasty if she doesnt like you, and guess what she didnt like him. So she told pretty much everyone about it. He was a laughed at a bit but within a week it was old news and noone realy cared anymore.

Thh reason why everyone forgot about it was because he just didnt react to people who took the mick. He just got on with life. If anyone finds out I would use this aproach coupled with explainging that you dont do it for fun(I dont know if you do or dont) but just tell its a genuine medical problem most people are muture enough at collage/uni to understand.

Something is missing from the odor control discussion: Hydrogen peroxide

A dollop of the garden-variety drugstore stuff in you peed-in diaper will keep it from smelling for a few days....

There are also diaper-pail deodorizing tablets...you may want to consider them...

Dill Pickle.