LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

To Talk Like A 5-year-old

Guest EgaoNoGenki

Guest EgaoNoGenki

I saw a thread instructing users how to talk baby talk, but I'd rather be an adult kid, and a 5 y.o. is the youngest I'll go.

There is only one way that sticks out in my head- "beautifullest" instead of "most beautiful." I got that from one of my little sister's Junie B. Jones books. Other than that, I pretty much don't know/remember.

So, would anyone like to instruct how to talk kindergartener's talk?

I say do it how you want. 5 year olds are school age kids, they may have issues with bigger words or certain letter combinations but they speak pretty well as alot of them are already learning to read and such. They repeat themselves alot when they know they pronounced something wrong until they get it right. And boys at least obsess about bodily functions. If it involves their blood, poop, pee or boogers, they will very candidly share it with you. My son is 5. The one thing I can think of he mispronounces is "oblivion" the combination of the b,l and vare tricky. Usually comes out "oblibion"

Anyhow it's more what they talk about at that age than how. Tho they do tend to be rather whiny at that age too.

May I suggest, practice by putting a paper clip on your tongue. It is impossible to talk without a lisp in this condition. It helps with the feeling of no control over your tongue (Which is what most toddlers have to deal with, sucking excepted.) and also helps with muscle memory in trying to speak like a child.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My little brother is six and we're working with him on his grammar. The sentence may be: She fell down. My brother will say it as: Her fell down.

"she is" becomes "her is" and "he is" becomes "him is"

It definitely helps make you sound like a 5 year old. Hope this helps. ;)

"pos" = supposed

"tohsty" = thirsty

"cheechoh" = teacher

"beddoh" = better

"twee" = three

"nex jeer" = next year

"messin" = medicine

"koo" = school

"maygorow" = merry-go-round

I actually said these as a toddler:

"clugged" = clogged + plugged

"canimal" = animal

"teetioot" = kittycat

"untut"/"oinket" = blanket

"doiper" = diaper

"twit tit" = cricket

"ee ohl" = people, especially when referring to the Fischer-Price Little People

"bumbow" = rainbow

If a toddler can't say a particular consonant, he/she will substitute it with another, usually one from the same sentence ("I yike you" = I like you), and if she doesn't know the word for something, she'll make it up! Here are some of the words I invented...

"butzah" = lobster

"nn" = cloud

"noo" = a bust of Venus on my parents' dresser

"bumbum" = outdoor electrical box, tombstone, water tower

"cabara" = basket

"peets" = another word for basket

"the nen-nen spot" = the side of my house

"cha-cha" = a T-shaped yardstick

"up-and-down" = footbridge

"batz" = fall down (I got this from my grandparents; it's probably Czech)

"cricket sign" = yield sign

"ohl" = horse

• 3 weeks later...

poem i made up in kindergarden-

fire cracker

in a cracker

bit in to it

go boom

and another from then

cob webs

in the carborator

mom got the broom

weep them down

putty wooty

putty pussy

fuzzy muzzy

momies muzzy -- MEOW!

(i overheard some things my much older brothers said - ok.. i know thats a strange one)

explination on the carborator - my dad was working on the car, my mom was cleanin down the cob webs and the two words sounded the same to me in a funny way at the time... i went around a lot saying 'car bor ator, car bo web, cor bo web cob oh web

something simular with fire cracker and cracker .. fire cracker wire wacker white wacker white cracker (btw - dont be ofended, i was in the south and we were going through intergration)

There's a lady author at Echo Press who writes really great AB/DL paperback stories that are very arousing! They usually feature an adult or teen character who is somehow regressed back into babydom via magic or some medical process. Unfortunately, her novels always keeps using the same stupid baby-talk words that i've never encountered anywhere else. The baby's rear end is a "bumpy". Babies in her stories never go wee-wee or poo-poo, they "chair chair".

Has anyone ever actually encountered these terms? They drive me nuts, because her stories are otherwise very erotic!

kids talk much like adults. Just keep in mind their vocabulary is a little limited. They don't know big words like supercilious. For the most part, talk like you normally would, and mom and dad are still mommy and daddy. Also, kids seem to love to brag about new toys. Or going places to people who were no part of it.

There's a lady author at Echo Press who writes really great AB/DL paperback stories that are very arousing! They usually feature an adult or teen character who is somehow regressed back into babydom via magic or some medical process. Unfortunately, her novels always keeps using the same stupid baby-talk words that i've never encountered anywhere else. The baby's rear end is a "bumpy". Babies in her stories never go wee-wee or poo-poo, they "chair chair".

Has anyone ever actually encountered these terms? They drive me nuts, because her stories are otherwise very erotic!

Well, terms like that come from what your mom taught you to say. As far as I can remember, my mom never made cute-sounding words to describe pee or poop.... She'd just make me laugh saying "pooooooooooooooop" in a funny way. And the faces she made when it was stinky.... *giggles*

Potty training kids can be very funny sometimes and very proud - even want to show off 'Look I made a poo' (or do do) my son said 'stinker' in a very funny way 'commie commie, look i got a stinker'... dragging me to the potty to take a look.

'uh oh made a boo boo'

No! I dun wanna

No! mine!

go way! dun no like ooo!

not wappy wit ooo!

when my neice was about 5 or 6, my mom took her to the grocery store. at the time there was this comercial where they would say "this is your brain' and show a frying pan and then 'this is your brain on drugs' and crack an egg and show it frying... when mom went to get the eggs, she screamed bloody murder in the grocery store "Grana, no! No! pleeeeeaaaaaassssseeee dont buy any more DRUGS!"

that age group as a special gift for embarasing unsuspecting adults.

Going to change my son in the bathroom, earlier age, MOM, MOM, are you going to change your bloody stinker too?

or my brothers playing.. this isnt embarasing but.... "mom, mom, ronnie hit me over the head wit the bed!" (ben pushed ronnie, ronnie's head hit the bed)

dad spills his beer "YOU need a bottle!"

putters seem to always be putters as the question arises can a putter poot?

and you can get some early big words or adult words depending on what mommie and daddy talk about...

woogammin = programming (shush! daddy wus a woogammin now!)

wer shundize uh = merchandise

we reee pt = reciept

waxus = taxes

wer jush re = surjury (is dada do win wer jush re)

wapple = scaple

the list goes on... and of course each word has a story if they mention it - and they wuv too... I got 12 nieces.. lol

Also, they love to tell adults and other childeren what not to do!

Bad dada, you stinky poot! (even if its in the middle of a resturant and they cant know for shure you did it)

THAT woman Stinks!

looking at a fat man - Mom is he pregnant too?

QUOTE @ Jan 4 2008, 07:45 PM) "beautifullest" instead of "most beautiful."

Kids learn a regular rule (in this case "add -est to get a superlative") and over-apply it. Most commonly on irregular verbs and irregular plurals. So, "mouses", "foots" (the default -s plural), "setted", "hitted", "cutted", "hurted", "bursted" (default -ed past tense, in this case on the biggest class of irregular verbs, which dont take -ed or any inflection at all). Thing is, adults do it all the time, only they get to say whether it's right or wrong; a word like "broadcasted" has crept into a lot of adult speech and has become de-facto correct, when it is strictly, "broadcast"

QUOTE ( @ Jan 4 2008, 04:45 AM) I saw a thread instructing users how to talk baby talk, but I'd rather be an adult kid, and a 5 y.o. is the youngest I'll go.

There is only one way that sticks out in my head- "beautifullest" instead of "most beautiful." I got that from one of my little sister's Junie B. Jones books. Other than that, I pretty much don't know/remember.

So, would anyone like to instruct how to talk kindergartener's talk?

Uniquely.. I can't remember how I spoke as a 5 year old.. when I was 5 I spoke fluent German, and I don't anymore.. so I'd give you some foreign toddler-speak.. but I don't remember any of it sad.gif

• 3 weeks later...

As to foreign reference, my German stepmother had some universal baby words she used to use. Ca-ca, for poop. Po-po, for butt, Pee-Pee for....well.. Pretty simple and to the point. She had some other endearing German words she would use, from time to time. "Schnuckelmauschen", was one of my favorites. It means "cute little mouse" or something like that. But, whatever language you speak, try the paper clip on tongue routine, if you want to learn baby speak all over again. It works for any language. When practicing in this way, you may even come up with your very own kinderspeak. To obtain a higher pitch in your voice, try using what singers call a "head voice". Not necessarily a falsetto, but similar. This involves throwing your voice into your upper sinuses and speaking in a loud whisper. Transgenders use this method when trying to learn how to sound more like a girl or woman. Think Marilyn Monroe. It does take a little practice. Be diligent and patient. Also, young children generally speak quite slowly. Measuring their words. Twying to...uuum, get it, uhhmmmm... wight! And they look sooo cute and proud when they do.

Obibbion? YaaaY!

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

LOL always good for a laugh anyhow. No, Oblivion is a video game that I play (no my 5 year old is not allow to play it but he knows what it is)

One more I thought of, he pronounces his th's like f's sometimes still.

sea the advatge of being older at 8 i can play wow WORLD OF WAR CRAFT

good reson to hav protection so chairn not leak on floor

• 1 month later...

I always drop the last letter in lots of my words when I'm in 'kidmode' and repeat things when I get messed up and forget how to say something. Most kids I've talked to usually talk at a slower pace, But I personally found it works for me to talk really fast. Then again, I'm rarely thinking about doing it.

"Guess whats? I wen' t'de storee! An' I gotta new bawbie anna bratz an..an an an I gotta new paira shoooooes!"

I always drop the last letter in lots of my words when I'm in 'kidmode' and repeat things when I get messed up and forget how to say something. Most kids I've talked to usually talk at a slower pace, But I personally found it works for me to talk really fast. Then again, I'm rarely thinking about doing it.

"Guess whats? I wen' t'de storee! An' I gotta new bawbie anna bratz an..an an an I gotta new paira shoooooes!"

It reminds me of learning another language. You pronounce words wrong, either miss them out when needed or use them when not required. You put them in the wrong place (before the other word, when they should come after). Or you forget the word and keep repeating the previous one whilst you try to remember what it is.

Yes, it like learning a language.......which is after all what a kid is doing!

• 2 weeks later...

I think that with 5 yr olds they tend to get a bit over excited when they talk and talk really quickly and tend to mis pronounce certain letters that are similar...when my bro was that age he used to called my sister "rara" instead of sarah...speak quickly and jumble some things up...sound like a lil one in no time.