LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Insurance Companys

Hi all, new here.

I have been here for a while just never registered

Now its official

My story:

Total urinary incontince, due to broken disks at the C3-C5 level, Diabeties, Heart Arthimia/Broken Mitral Valve/Enlarged Heart, plus some other minor/major things.

Have been wearing Diapers 24/7 for 15 years. I look normal, if there is such a thing, except I use forarm crutches to get around.

I wear (Abeina 6inchx3inch pad) stuck to a (Abeina 8inchx24inch) pad held up by (Hanes comfort band size x-large briefs) on top of that I wear (1 AdultClothDiapers daytime weight prefold cloth diaper) and that is all held up by a tighty (BabyKins Pull on cloth diaper) and (BabyKins 6mil heavy weight Vinly plastic pants).

This is what I what I wear all the time, unless I need to wear something more slim line then I wear Depends with Abeina 6inchx3inch pad) stuck to a (Abeina 8inchx24inch) as stuffers.

Like alot of people here that are incontinent I have tried probly every make, model, style, on the market of cloth and disposable diaper on the market.

I have been through dozens of doctors and mediactions some good and some bad. It took me a while like other people to get over the fact I wear diapers. I can say I am at a point in life where all my meds/diseaes are semi under control.

My big issue now is why the insurance companys wont pay for cloth/disposable diapers

My insurance company does pay for anything except diapers even with several doctors prescriptions

How many people out there have ran into this brick wall?

*raises hand*

I have, and it truly sucks, especially if you have low income like I do.

I'm urinary incontinent from cerebral palsy (I also use forearm crutches to get around - small world eh?).

I believe the insurance companies won't pay for diapers and/or doctors won't prescribe them, is mostly because of the stigma with diapers in society. I could be wrong but that's what i think.

They'll give you meds and/or suggest cathing, but when it comes to asking for diapers it's as though you just sprouted a second head.

I don't have any answers to it, even though I wish I did. I just wanted to post to tell you you aren't alone in this problem with the insurance and to welcome you to DD.

Take care,

~ Pipi Moogles

Hi all, new here.

Now its official

My story:

Total urinary incontince, due to broken disks at the C3-C5 level, Diabeties, Heart Arthimia/Broken Mitral Valve/Enlarged Heart, plus some other minor/major things.

Have been wearing Diapers 24/7 for 15 years. I look normal, if there is such a thing, except I use forarm crutches to get around.

I wear (Abeina 6inchx3inch pad) stuck to a (Abeina 8inchx24inch) pad held up by (Hanes comfort band size x-large briefs) on top of that I wear (1 AdultClothDiapers daytime weight prefold cloth diaper) and that is all held up by a tighty (BabyKins Pull on cloth diaper) and (BabyKins 6mil heavy weight Vinly plastic pants).

This is what I what I wear all the time, unless I need to wear something more slim line then I wear Depends with Abeina 6inchx3inch pad) stuck to a (Abeina 8inchx24inch) as stuffers.

Like alot of people here that are incontinent I have tried probly every make, model, style, on the market of cloth and disposable diaper on the market.

I have been through dozens of doctors and mediactions some good and some bad. It took me a while like other people to get over the fact I wear diapers. I can say I am at a point in life where all my meds/diseaes are semi under control.

My big issue now is why the insurance companys wont pay for cloth/disposable diapers

My insurance company does pay for anything except diapers even with several doctors prescriptions

I did forget to add one thing they do pay for (Self Interminet Catheters and Supplies that go with Cathing) and (Condom Caths and Leg bags)

I dont use all that stuff so I got a whole room full of boxes of it. I self cath every now and then to check for any residual urine build up. the legbags and condom caths I dont use at all. I cant stand the glue on the condom caths and I tried them all. Right now I get mentor silicon condom caths and leg bags, supposedly the Cadilac of condom caths and bags.

I have tried numerous times to tell the insurance company to get me cloth diapers and plastic pants instead of all the other stuff but they wont listen, even when I have had several doctors call to try and talk to them about it.

So maybe your right its the stigma about diapers and most people probly dont even know they make cloth diapers and plastic pants in adult sizes. All they know about is the June Allison comercials for depends old people diapers, and those havent been on TV for ages.

I dont know why diaper companys dont advertise on TV any more, maybe if they did it would bring diapers out in the open more.

You can claim diapers along with co-pays dental bills, etc.) on your FSA.

These are accounts set up where you contribute pre-tax dollars to an FSA

account and are reimbursed with a claim. So for example if you were

in a 18% federal 8% state and 7% ss tax bracket 1/3 of your diaper costs

is covered.

huggies baby eddie

I did forget to add one thing they do pay for (Self Interminet Catheters and Supplies that go with Cathing) and (Condom Caths and Leg bags) I dont use all that stuff so I got a whole room full of boxes of it.

Just a thought and I don't know if it's possible or even leagle but if your insurance pays for self cath items and leg bags, would you be able to resell them as new unopened items on places like EBAY or anywhere else and then use the money to pay for cloth diapers? Like I say, I don't know if it would be allowed but if it is, it would be a way to turn something useless for you into cash that you could use for diapers that would be usefull to you.

My insurance company doesn't cover diapers but I can pay for them with my flexible spending account. I can buy diapers and prescription drugs with pre-tax dollars.

Hi all, new here.

Now its official

My story:

Just a thought and I don't know if it's possible or even leagle but if your insurance pays for self cath items and leg bags, would you be able to resell them as new unopened items on places like EBAY or anywhere else and then use the money to pay for cloth diapers?

I did try Ebay and they pulled my add for ( Self Interminet Catheters ) because of the presciption factor. I have seen much worse on there. There is a guy selling ( Foley Catheters ) and he hasn't been busted.

I try to stay 1,000 miles from ( Foley Catheters ) so I dont know if you need a prescription for them or not.

I have to try putting the other stuff back on there and reducing the price. I did have a good price like 1/4 of the actual cost, I guess I have to go lower.

mooglelove would you email me at riflemanjon@netscape.com i might be able to help you with getting diapers cheap. i have some diapers that i might beable to sell you for less than the store. iwould like to help i wont let anybody know your buseniess. please put in you title diaper help in the email so i wont thank it is spam.

Hi all, new here.

Now its official

My story:

Hi, Im sorry you are having so much trouble with your prescriptions for diapers unfortunetly i have not had that problem I am a double amputee of the legs from a fire when i was 4 months old and just about 2003 i started really using diapers so i would not be on my knees so much. i wear them more in the evening cause that is when i have my legs off. I am on Medicare and Medicaide in my state Wisconsin and my insurance gives me 160 diapers a month for 50 cents. They are disposables and with being on water pill for high blood bressure they make me pee so i can get about two good pees in before having to change a diaper. My diapers are not the expensive ones but store brand. what insurance do you have if you do not mind me asking. I look forward to talking with you more in the future:)

post-15055-1193844180_thumb.jpg

post-15055-1193844180_thumb.jpg