LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Having Prostate Surgery Friday April 26.

For years I have had overactive bladder and urinary incontinence and have used diapers as a necessity.  Symptoms have ranged from leaking after using the restroom at the beginning to uncontrolled wetting now years later.   In the past year or so I have had several UTIs one of which hospitalized me last November with a septic blood infection. 

In March a post voiding scan showed I am retaining 150 to 200 ml of urine in my bladder.   Early this month a Cystoscopy and CT scan revealed that my prostate is quite enlarged.   My urologist recommend removing my prostate and opening up the bladder neck. 

The procedure they are doing is HOLEP.  It removes the prostate using a Lazer, by separating the prostate glandular material from the outside capsule.  

My urologist says that depending on the status of my urinary sphincter she could not tell me if my incontinence will improve but the UTIs from retention will be in the past.  I told her that fixing the UTI issue was the priority. Here's hoping for the latter. 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

Good luck with your surgery, and feeling better soon!

Thank you.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Baby Toni38 said:

The procedure they are doing is HOLEP.  It removes the prostate using a Lazer, by separating the prostate glandular material from the outside capsule. 

@Baby Toni38

Thanks for the note.  This looks like a better procedure than the minimally evasive procedure I had a few years back.  Looks like both of us have had the "fun" of dealing with early onset BPH.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

@zzyzx

What procedure did you get and how was rhe recovery,  short and long term.  I really don't know what to expect, pain and discomfort wise after.   Everything I have been told is that they will remove the post surgery catheter after 8 to 12 hours, and do a voiding test.  I still have alot of questions and Anxiety.  Hopefully I will get some answers at my pre-surgery appointment. 

Thanks in advance for any information about yours.   If you don't want to post here feel free to PM me directly. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Baby Toni38 said:

@zzyzx

What procedure did you get and how was rhe recovery,  short and long term.  I really don't know what to expect, pain and discomfort wise after.   Everything I have been told is that they will remove the post surgery catheter after 8 to 12 hours, and do a voiding test.  I still have alot of questions and Anxiety.  Hopefully I will get some answers at my pre-surgery appointment. 

Thanks in advance for any information about yours.   If you don't want to post here feel free to PM me directly. 

@Baby Toni38: I've had the Rezūm procedure shortly after it was assigned its procedure code (i.e. not long after it was an approved procedure - about two years after the initial experimental trials report was out).  That procedure uses steam to kill off prostate tissue and then let the body absorb the dead tissue over the next three months.  From the description of your procedure, they will remove material during the procedure.  A catheter was left in for just under a week.  The procedure only removes some of the prostate, basically around the urethra. 

I'm going to guess that your PSA numbers are elevated by the size of your prostate, but not really out of line for the size you have.  My PSA numers are larger than "normal", but my Urologist says in line with the size of my prostate, and my free PSA numbers are relatively good for my conditions.

Relax and have a good discussion with your doctor at the pre-surgery appointment.  If I ever need a followup procedure done, what you are having appears to possibly be more appropriate to more fully handle the issue.  Interesting....

• Like 1

Surgery whet well, doctor says he removed 90% of the prostate and most of the bladder neck.   He also said that I have a narrowed urethral that will need attention later. 

In my hospital room,  they are keeping me overnight with a catheter flushing out my bladder.   This is very uncomfortable,  my bladder feels full all the time.

Trying to get some sleep. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Baby Toni38 said:

Surgery whet well, doctor says he removed 90% of the prostate and most of the bladder neck.   He also said that I have a narrowed urethral that will need attention later. 

In my hospital room,  they are keeping me overnight with a catheter flushing out my bladder.   This is very uncomfortable,  my bladder feels full all the time.

Trying to get some sleep. 

Good, glad everything is going well so far. Feel better soon. 

• Like 2

At home recovering,  catheter was removed this morning,  I still have blood in my pee, but it is clearing up.   Changes that I have noticed so far,  when I pee it continues to dribble out unlike before when it just stoped and I still felt like I needed to go.  I am peeing a little often, and feel empty.  No control when coughing , little control when standing up from sitting.  I am ok with these changes. 

• Like 2

Update 

Finally got a good night sleep, however woke up to a soaked Crinkles diaper.  So I guess my new party trick is bedwetting.  Still wetting at little or no notice during the day, which includes dribbling during changes.   The main improvement I am looking for is No retention of urine in my bladder.   Before the surgery I was not completely emptying my bladder causing UTIs. I go in Friday for a post void test, hoping for 0 to 20 ml instead of 150 to 200.

• Like 1

I had the REZUM procedure done 7-8 yrs ago, similar to what is described here.  I too have post dribbling and little to no feeling when I am urinating, but that may be linked to my Type 2 Diabetis issues?  Have been going to a urologist on regular basis since, and recently my PSA numbers went above 4 again, so he is watching me closely, suggesting more work on prostrate if it continues.  Considering that is most common area for cancer in males, I am not opposed to its removal as am at the age where sex is not so important anymore and I am wearing diapers to bed already with pads during the day, so if my continance gets worse to avoid cancer, that's not a bad tradeoff.

My time leading up to my surgery I was concerned about the post op pain and recovery.   I highly recommend to anyone who needs to have there prostate removed for BPH or any other reason,  ask about HOLEP.   I have not needed any pain management at all.  The mist uncomfortable time was when the catheter was in flushing out my bladder.   The only pain was the burning with urination and they gave me phenazopyridine (the stuff that turns your urine orange). Surgery was on friday and I returned to work on Monday.