LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hi. Soon, I’ll be in hospital because I’m having surgery on my right arm. How should I tell them that I need to wear diapers due to Bedwetting and how do they handle it? What is ur experience?

Thanks for your replies

• Like 2

Just be up front with them when you are meeting with the nurse and or tell your doctor. I have been in this situation many of times. They are professional. The diapers they normally provide are thin and cheap. I always take my own.

• Like 5

When I had knee surgery I just asked the nurse during the pre-op consult what I should do.  They suggested doing whatever I'm comfortable with, and suggested bringing "what I needed" from home if it would make me more comfortable. 

They've dealt with this many times before.  Just ask.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, TurboMax13 said:

Thx for the replies it’s only that I fell a bit uncomfortable because it’s my first time having to tell someone about it 

This is going to become a reality for me at some point, too. Although I have friends in nursing, and from what I hear from them, someone coming in who wears a diaper to bed is about the least interesting thing they see. They don't care - they have half of their patients in diapers anyway, or they wish they were, because of the potential for falls if they have to get up and rush to the bathroom, or they have to buzz them for help, when they're run off their feet dealing with other things. Someone who voluntarily wears a diaper is welcome in their world - it means no stripping a bed, no rushing to assist with toileting, no emergency calls because someone got dizzy on the way to the bathroom. 

But, that said, I'm still going to swallow hard before I say to a medical professional, "Er, so... here's the thing. I'll be wearing a diaper..."

I have not had to do that so far, although I did once have to drop my pants while wearing a pull-up, at the request of a doctor, who said exactly nothing about my underpants. And I once was given a transparent gown for an MRI and found myself in the middle of a brightly-lit waiting room with a nurse rushing over to give me a second gown, because my diaper was glowing under the harsh fluorescents. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

They don't care - they have half of their patients in diapers anyway, or they wish they were, because of the potential for falls if they have to get up and rush to the bathroom, or they have to buzz them for help, when they're run off their feet dealing with other things. Someone who voluntarily wears a diaper is welcome in their world - it means no stripping a bed, no rushing to assist with toileting, no emergency calls because someone got dizzy on the way to the bathroom. 

Glad to hear that, thanks. But if I’ll have surgery, I’ll not be able to change my diaper. How is that handled? Do the nurses change you?

Yeah, my dad was in the hospital for weeks, totally immobilized for the first part of his stay - they didn't let him get out of bed. They changed him whenever he needed it. I haven't had that experience, but that is a normal part of patient care and won't phase them. If you bring your own diapers, you may want to tell them that you'll probably need less frequent changes, because the ones they use are generally only good for a few hours, tops. Most hospital diapers are $1 each and junk. 

If I can handle it myself then that is what I would do, but if you legitimately can't, they will have no problem with that. 

• Like 1

Ditto what the others said. But probably leave the nursery print plastic panties at home....  😂🤣😄

I actually wore a disposable diaper to a medical procedure a few years ago.  They had to "put me under" for the procedure, and I was also in a hospital gown. I mentioned to the prep nurse that I wet when I sleep, so I was wearing an "incontinence brief". As I was telling her this, I raised the side of my hospital gown a little, showing her what I was talking about. She just smiled and said that was no problem, and it was much common than I might think.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Ditto what the others said. But probably leave the nursery print plastic panties at home....  😂🤣😄

I actually wore a disposable diaper to a medical procedure a few years ago.  They had to "put me under" for the procedure, and I was also in a hospital gown. I mentioned to the prep nurse that I wet when I sleep, so I was wearing an "incontinence brief". As I was telling her this, I raised the side of my hospital gown a little, showing her what I was talking about. She just smiled and said that was no problem, and it was much common than I might think.

Yes, I think I’ll wear the Betterdry instead of my rearz…they might think I have a kink (which is nothing bad)

Now I’m relatively calm about it. I thought the nurses would be disgusted or something but now I can - still not very easily - wear them. I’ll still be a bit uncomfortable saying „so, I have to wear a diaper“, but it’s easier than before.

May be soon going through similar (although outpatient colonoscopy) Struggling a bit with it, but it'd be true to say A) I have leakage after urinating and B I have wet in my sleep before without remembering it. Ultimately, I may just tell them I'm more comfortable with something on. Raises the question of WTF they do during a colonoscopy, which is part of what makes it difficult for me. It'd truly make me more comfortable. Said differently, my last was 5 years ago and without but now I would be conscious and edgier without.

I wouldn't worry too much about needing a diaper during the colonoscopy.  First off, they can't do the colonoscopy if you've got a diaper on.  They had a disposable underpad under me when I had it done.  When I woke up the pad was rather wet with what came out both ends.  The nurse quickly changed that out when they realized I was now conscious and ready to start getting ready to leave.

1 hour ago, dlmolicares said:

May be soon going through similar (although outpatient colonoscopy) Struggling a bit with it, but it'd be true to say A) I have leakage after urinating and B I have wet in my sleep before without remembering it. Ultimately, I may just tell them I'm more comfortable with something on. Raises the question of WTF they do during a colonoscopy, which is part of what makes it difficult for me. It'd truly make me more comfortable. Said differently, my last was 5 years ago and without but now I would be conscious and edgier without.

It was a colonoscopy that I wore the diaper for. When they brought me to the procedure room, I told the second nurse the same thing, about wetting when I sleep. She said "That's ok, we'll just undo this one side, and fold it down for the colonoscopy." Which they did... When I woke up later, my diaper was back on, and..... wet.