LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Using travel as way to mark progress.

I've worn diapers mostly 24/7 for the last few years, and the biggest issue I've come across is when I travel.  Let's face it- diapers are just bulky.  It kind of sucks to have half you back made up of s, and disposing of used diapers on the road is a pain.

If I'm by myself, I'll usually put a used diaper in the hotel waste bin.  Yeah, it fills the bin, but it usually just one diaper.  However, I'm at my brothers condo.  I'm not sure if he knows about my diapers (I think he does, but we don't talk about it).   The problem is that he doesn't have a lot space.   I'm not putting a weeks worth of used diapers in his trash, so this week I'm trying to use the toilet.  I'm wearing pull-ups and trying to pee in the toilet when I need to.  I did 2 weeks in 2019 wearing mostly pull-ups and only wearing diapers on the plane.  It was fine.  Four years later- it sucks.   I constantly aware of my bladder, and haven't gone a day without peeing in a Pull-up. 

When I travel solo for a vacation it's about the only time I go 24/7 (no messing).  Premium diapers that can go 7 hours (plastic pants for extra security) work well enough.  I drive on my trips and if I have to change before reaching my hotel, I can find a place.  I have a small shoulder bag that can hold 2 premium diapers and a pack of wipes and I had no problem changing diapers in a museum restroom, or a family restroom with an outer door lock at Hershey Park.  My diapers are bulky, especially with plastic pants but a onesie helps, and even with short legged shorts I doubt anyone notices.  Family like at a brother's condo might be different though, especially the bulk of a premium diaper as opposed to pull-ups.

I carry in my car at least 50 to 100 plastic grocery bags that I can double bag my used diapers when I need to toss one out along the way when traveling.  Even stopping in a town there are big trash cans in front of fast food places, grocery stores or gas stations that I can casually toss my bagged up diapers in when stopping for a few snacks or to fill up the car.  Even use the restroom at a gas station if I need to make a quick change.

Yes, at my hotels I bagged up my wet diapers and put them in the trash can in the room.  The first day I came back to find the room had been cleaned but the double bagged diapers in the trash can under the sink had not been emptied.  I was going through about 3 to 4 diapers a day, heading back to the room between seeing the sites to change when needed, plus my night diaper so before leaving the next morning, I pulled the large liner out of the trash can (currently holding the 4 diapers from the previous day plus the 4 new diapers I had gone through, all double bagged), tied it up and set in in the middle of the floor just inside the door to my room.  When I came back later, the room had been cleaned and the diapers removed.  It's trash, securely bagged up and even though they are adult diapers, I'm sure housekeeping has tossed out many of their guest's baby diapers and I'm sure their share of adult diapers as well.  A nice tip for  housekeeping is a good idea.

I'm not sure how to handle it at your brother's condo.  Wearing bulky diapers would probably be a lot more obvious than pull ups but they may mean fewer changes to dispose of.  Is there any way you could take diapers or pull-ups discreetly to your car and then dispose of them away from the condo, like at a gas station, supermarket trash can or some public place that has public trash bins for public use?  I think finding disposal locations away from his place would be doable, it's getting them discreetly out of the house to your car when you change to take them away somewhere.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I carry in my car at least 50 to 100 plastic grocery bags that I can double bag my used diapers when I need to toss one out along the way when traveling.  Even stopping in a town there are big trash cans in front of fast food places, grocery stores or gas stations that I can casually toss my bagged up diapers in when stopping for a few snacks or to fill up the car.  Even use the restroom at a gas station if I need to make a quick change.

Good post, Rusty.  I try and use the dark plastic bags instead of the transparent ones for disposal.  Walmart's are thin, but two of them do the trick.

I posted a practical guide to diapering on the road entitled "Another Day Out On the Diaper Highway" (currently on page 14 of the Stories forum).  If you have the time, please take a look and add your own thoughts.  This is a down to earth topic that warrants more discussion here than it has received. 

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

When I travel solo for a vacation it's about the only time I go 24/7 (no messing).  Premium diapers that can go 7 hours (plastic pants for extra security) work well enough.  I drive on my trips and if I have to change before reaching my hotel, I can find a place.  I have a small shoulder bag that can hold 2 premium diapers and a pack of wipes and I had no problem changing diapers in a museum restroom, or a family restroom with an outer door lock at Hershey Park.  My diapers are bulky, especially with plastic pants but a onesie helps, and even with short legged shorts I doubt anyone notices.  Family like at a brother's condo might be different though, especially the bulk of a premium diaper as opposed to pull-ups.

Yes, at my hotels I bagged up my wet diapers and put them in the trash can in the room.  The first day I came back to find the room had been cleaned but the double bagged diapers in the trash can under the sink had not been emptied.  I was going through about 3 to 4 diapers a day, heading back to the room between seeing the sites to change when needed, plus my night diaper so before leaving the next morning, I pulled the large liner out of the trash can (currently holding the 4 diapers from the previous day plus the 4 new diapers I had gone through, all double bagged), tied it up and set in in the middle of the floor just inside the door to my room.  When I came back later, the room had been cleaned and the diapers removed.  It's trash, securely bagged up and even though they are adult diapers, I'm sure housekeeping has tossed out many of their guest's baby diapers and I'm sure their share of adult diapers as well.  A nice tip for  housekeeping is a good idea.

I'm not sure how to handle it at your brother's condo.  Wearing bulky diapers would probably be a lot more obvious than pull ups but they may mean fewer changes to dispose of.  Is there any way you could take diapers or pull-ups discreetly to your car and then dispose of them away from the condo, like at a gas station, supermarket trash can or some public place that has public trash bins for public use?  I think finding disposal locations away from his place would be doable, it's getting them discreetly out of the house to your car when you change to take them away somewhere.

I usually fly or take a train when I travel, which means having to carry everything.  If it weren't for diapers, I would be an exceptional light packer.   On this trip I've got 1 pair of pants.  2 shorts, swim suit, 2 pullovers (just for the airplane), 2 t-shirt and a polo.  I also carried 8 Crinklz diapers and about 10 Pull-ups.  Any guesses what takes up most of my bag?  My pattern is to put 4 in my carry-on backpack and the rest in my carry-on that goes overhead.

I'm taking a train to Chicago at the end of March, and I'll wear 24/7.   It is no big deal on Amtrak, I just put them in disposable diaper bag and toss them in the trash, it is the same thing at a hotel.   If I was staying at a hotel this week, it would be the same thing.   This week, I'm taking out the diapers as I leave for the day and tossing them in a public trash bin, but since I'm spending a lot of time with my brother- it is hard to be discrete about that.  Like I said, he probably knows, but we don't talk about it.