LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Medicine induced incontinence

I recently had my medicine changed, a new one and an increase in the other. Both have a potential side effect of diarrhea. While I am not dealing with actual diarrhea, I am dealing with slight bowel incontinence. A couple of times I've pooped uncontrollably a bit in my diaper, but what happens more often is "sharting." 

Fortunately it's not often.

@ValentinesStuff

Totally understand.  I have one medication that once the doctor increased it to the current level, I'd call where I was previously at (which I considered "noramal") to have been slightly constipated.  There's no way I could have that particular medication raised to a higher (regular) dosage.  And I'm still trying to figure out the variations I see.  Probably related to not closely watching the clock on when I take that medication.....  Have talked to the doctor about it but haven't gotten to the point of going to something else.....

I have been thru that. I started with OAB issues, and after a couple of years on HBP meds and others, which say that some of the side effects are urinary frequency, has led me to urinary incontinence.  Some of my diabetes, and cancer drugs, have listed diarrhea as a side effect.  That all came true and now my medical records show fecal incontinence  with frequent diarrhea, and IBS-D.  I have been incontinent for the past 12 years, and in diapers 24/7 since then.   

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I recently had my medicine changed, a new one and an increase in the other. Both have a potential side effect of diarrhea. While I am not dealing with actual diarrhea, I am dealing with slight bowel incontinence. A couple of times I've pooped uncontrollably a bit in my diaper, but what happens more often is "sharting." 

Fortunately it's not often.

Here!  

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

It's been about two more months, and yep it's worse. Multiple small accidents a week, including one where I didn't even know I pooped, and at least once a week I'm all out emptying myself uncontrollably.

@ValentinesStuff: I see you list AB vs incontinence, so maybe you overall don't care as much...  But most of us would tell the doctor to cut that medication, lower the dosage, or ....

If this is metformin, I've found things very in how soft / hard the stool is....  I was good at a lower dose.  The current does is three pills, originally prescribe with two in the evening (at one time).  I'm now spreading the time between those evening pills and having less issues.

6 hours ago, zzyzx said:

@ValentinesStuff: I see you list AB vs incontinence, so maybe you overall don't care as much...  But most of us would tell the doctor to cut that medication, lower the dosage, or ....

If this is metformin, I've found things very in how soft / hard the stool is....  I was good at a lower dose.  The current does is three pills, originally prescribe with two in the evening (at one time).  I'm now spreading the time between those evening pills and having less issues.

I am primarily an AB, and it does bother me. perhaps not as much as it would other people, but it does bother me.

It most likely is Metformin and I was having a phone appt with a nurse every three weeks, but the last one was cancelled, no idea why. She was helping me get my blood sugar under control and figure out the right dosages for my medicines. She did have me cut the Metformin dose, but my blood sugar jumped 50+ points! So I reverted back to the higher dose.

15 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I am primarily an AB, and it does bother me. perhaps not as much as it would other people, but it does bother me.

It most likely is Metformin and I was having a phone appt with a nurse every three weeks, but the last one was cancelled, no idea why. She was helping me get my blood sugar under control and figure out the right dosages for my medicines. She did have me cut the Metformin dose, but my blood sugar jumped 50+ points! So I reverted back to the higher dose.

Are you on the standard version of Metformin or the time release version?  If on more than 500 MGC per pill more than twice a day, on the standard version, you might want to try spacing your dosages better....

Best wishes working out your issues....

1 hour ago, zzyzx said:

Are you on the standard version of Metformin or the time release version?  If on more than 500 MGC per pill more than twice a day, on the standard version, you might want to try spacing your dosages better....

Best wishes working out your issues....

That was the first switch, to the slow acting.