LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Catheters and urethral strictures

Hello,

I've always been a fan of catheters and have followed the guides here.
I wanted to know if anyone has had complications from self cathing besides infection.

When I cath I make sure I have a full bladder and I also use medical lube, As I work the cath and it gets deeper there is one part where it stings but then I let out the full bladder and it doesn't sting as much as I continue to push the cath into the bladder.

Could I be creating a stricture? Should I not self cath? Is this normal? Am I just worrying myself scared?

I love the feeling of not having control however, would rather not have to get surgery down the road or permanently damage my urethra.

Once it is in I don't have any discomfort or anything. Sometimes I like to put a vibrator on the tip of the cath. I use a 14fr. I am a small sensitive guy..

I am thinking I shouldn't do this anymore..

I appreciate your feedback!

Although slower to drain, perhaps a 12Fr might work better for you. Use plenty of sterile lube. The urethra is easily irritated but seems to recover quickly. I have a regular Fr14 in at the moment but had recently been experimenting with a 'holey foley' which did cause some soreness.  For the best night's sleep, use a night bag with a regular Foley catheter. I have been using them on and off for 18 years. Cheers!