LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Betterdry review.

On the advice of a friend I have tried the betterdry, at a little under 2 USD a diap was worse a shot I figured.

Betterdry comes in packs of 15, or a case of 60, price veries a little from site to site, so you might want to shop around for the best price for you. If I remember right, betterdry and crinkles are the same diaper, just one is plain white, the other has some neet prints.

This is a first rush review, expect an update in a bit as I tend to want to go through one pack at lest before I say much of anything.

Pros

Very absorbant. No seriously, very good absorbancy for thies, I wear them overnight and I have not had a leak, or any issues with capacity, if anything, I do not have to rush to change when I wake up, as the diaper still has more room in it. I expect it can easily last a good 12 hours, maybe more.

I toss and turn a lot when I sleep, so  I tend to normaly get a few minor leaks, even when using premium diapers, is why I allways make sure to have plastic pants on as well, so far the betterdry have not had a single leak, wich rather suprised me, as not many diapers take well to someone sleeping on there side.

The outer shell is a rather plesent to touch plastic, though it is very thin.

Cons,

THe cut of the diaper is definatly made for someone smaller. The sizing is also rather deceptive. I ordered the xl, as I wanted the extra room to make taping it on easyer for me, I am not the most flexible person around after all. I do have like a 54 inch waist, the XL, wich is listed as being for someone with a 67 inch waist does not have a whole lot of wiggle room, and I am having to tape closer to the end of the tabs than I am really happy with. Never mind the smaller actual size makes it difacult to get a secure fit with the diapers. Add in the issues with the diaper being poorly cut, and the front wings have so far allways had a little extra on one side or the other, where the plastic folded over before the diaper was cut out.

The diaper is also increadably thin fresh out of the package, I was thinking it would be something with a bit more thickness or bulk, but nope, really thin. I think that is more because of how they package and prep, than that its short on padding. 

The padding also feels stiff and rather firm fresh out of the package, I have not tried the f luffing methods others have mentioned, and that might help with that as well. Again it seems to me that its more how they are packaged. Compressed quite a lot, to fit many in the package that they use sort of thing.

Another thing I have noticed, and it goes with sizing and cut, the diaper does not come up the back far enough, makeing it much more likely to want to slip down without assistance to help hold it up. Again a smaller person might not have this issue, but, it has been quite noticable to me. I am also experamenting with putting the diaper on in diferent ways, as that might help me solve that little issue. Still, it feels too short for me to be really happy with.

All in all not a bad diaper. Yes, there are issues with the fit, and the cut, but, the absorbancy is top notch and for the price...  I should also point out, even with having issues with the fit, and the diaper wanting to slide off my ass, it has still, with only the help of a diaper wrap, worked quite well for me. Even when I am sleeping on my side, so I would have to count it as a win overall. Someone smaller, and skinnyer will likely have an easyer time getting the diaper taped on well, as I am definatly on the larger side of things, both in hight, and in width.

Got questions, and I will toss my view on things, want me to review your diapers, got no problem doing that eather, but I tend to go the case rout for that, one or two samples does not alow for things like accsidently ripping the tape off the first time you try, or learning that the taps are one try. Heck, can be a pain just learning how to fit the diaper to oneself.

I "complained" to them some years ago when I participated in a survey.  The XL are only fractionally bigger than the large - only 1 CM longer waistband to waistband.   I also mentioned that I felt the plastic backing was too stretchy.  Even if I try to pre-stretch them... which I have to be careful of or it tears, I find that after just a few minutes they can feel loose again. 

And then there's the issue with the tapes, and not just my opinion.  On the Crinklz, I have had frequent tape failures which I believe is due to the inks used in the prints.  It can be rubbed off, especially if it gets wet, so it's almost like trying to apply the tapes to powder.  It's not so much that they pop loose or tear off, they "slide"!  After a few hours, the lower tapes especially will be several inches away from where I originally fastened them.   I do have better success with the tapes on BD - that is, rarely have a malfunction.

Just as a point of clarification if not already known, BetterDry and Crinklz are the same diaper except BetterDry is all white while Crinklz comes in three different ABDL prints. I currently have the FairyTale print and I like the Crinklz diaper. The SAP expands considerably when wet so take that into consideration when wearing and wetting in public for your own discretion.

• 1 month later...

I do have to add I have been really suprised by just how absorbant the betterdry diapers are. For thoes that are smaller, the betterdry is a good diaper, even for me, its ok diaper, just have to make sure that I have something to help keep the diaper up. Its also really good at wicking, wich did rather suprise me. I tend to side sleep a lot, so I have to be carefull, not had an issue with the betterdry.

With a 35" waist, the medium fit really well.

For the most part, they work very well. I find that I often exceed their capacity at night and have wet plastic pants; amazingly, the onesie also gets wet on the side but doesn't leak through to the bedding. It's a complete mystery to me how that happens.

The Betterdry is my daily driver. I have other brands of diapers, but for some reason keep coming back to the Betterdry by choice. It's almost automatic and is most definitely a conscious decision. Caution: These diapers are habit forming and create dependency.