LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A question about leaks and sizing, but not quite what you think...

MixerOp

In regards to the more premium diapers, that hold more and more, including the recently discussed Trest diapers... It seems like some areas of those don't get wet until after they leak a little (or a lot).  I've read comments that some aren't getting them for that reason, and so I wanted to ask if diapers shouldn't have quite so much padding in the rear.  (And there's a chance that there is an easy answer to this, and my mind just isn't thinking of it).  Along those lines, how many enjoy the leaking.  And to what extent? AND does anyone get lesser diapers, just so they can leak?

-Stay padded, my friends.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MixerOp said:

Along those lines, how many enjoy the leaking.  And to what extent? AND does anyone get lesser diapers, just so they can leak?

Leaking is generally deeply inconvenient. I'll sometimes find myself in the position of being able to tolerate it, because I mostly work from home, and I tend not to wear anything over my diaper when it's just me in my office. I sit on a towel in any case, because my leather chair otherwise sticks to my thighs after a could of hours in the saddle. BUT, then I'll have go down to the kitchen for lunch or whatever, and I find myself in the position of not being able to sit down anywhere. Or if I need to hop in the car and run a quick errand, again, I'd have to change first, or put on plastic pants. So my preference is for diapers that don't leak, and, when they start leaking, they're usually bound for the bin in short order. 

If you like diapers with less padding out back, have a look at the Tranquility ATN's. They're a plastic diaper at the lower end of the cost spectrum with relatively slim proportions, although they punch above their weight in terms of not tending to leak, despite their low weight. 

If your thing is being in a leaky diaper, try the Depends tabbed briefs that can be bought in most pharmacies or supermarkets, at least here in Canada. They will often leak on the first use - I think they're primarily designed for people in palliative care who have minutes left. I once did a back-to-back absorbency comparison between a Depends size large that could fit a person with a 48" waist, versus a Pampers Cruiser size 7 rated to 41 lbs+ (and that can effectively fit a kid up to about 80 lbs). The Pampers was the undisputed champion of the test. 

• Like 1

As a married sleep wearer (bed wetter) I hate leaks.  Sleeping on my side/front rear padding is never used.  I’d be fine with less.  But my complaint on modern disposables is poor wicking and lack of side padding.

Functionally cloth and plastic pants work much better for me.  However, from the wife’s perspective, they have a downside.

Oh, also, they don't charge for diapers by the pound. A 2000ml diaper doesn't cost 1/4 that of an 8000ml.  Dry padding isn't really "wasted".  You wet your pants, it didn't leak out if you managed everything well.  It did its job.

A higher rated diaper locks wetness faster, so there's still a benefit to high absorbency even if you aren't soaked from tip to tail.  You just managed also not to leak when not everything was aligned perfectly.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

Padding in the butt area is very handy. I hate it when diapers leak but I wish diapers have padding that channels to the butt area

I agree with this 100%. It would be great if diapers would allow wetness to travel all the way to the back in other positions than just laying on your back. Standing or sitting would be my main uses for that.

3 minutes ago, id0ntknow said:

I agree with this 100%. It would be great if diapers would allow wetness to travel all the way to the back in other positions than just laying on your back. Standing or sitting would be my main uses for that.

That's why I wish diapers would allow wetness to travel all the way back instead of pooling at the lowest point. It would help get the most use of my diaper before a diaper change

As Jeremy touched on, disposable diapers are designed to lock the wetness away in one spot so the person feels dryer.  Cloth diapers do not lock wetness away but instead wick it throughout the cloth so that all areas of the diaper gets wet.  The other thing we as AB/DL's need to keep in mind is people who are actually incontinent or in nursing homes either change or get their diapers changed long before they get as saturated as we ourselves like them.  Sure, I'd love it if the back of my disposable diapers get as wet and swollen as the front and crotch, but that isn't likely to happen based on the designs of disposable diapers and our anatomy.

• Like 1