LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Potty training and diapers

Do you think is potty training is pushed to hard we like diapers more and by that i mean i was trained around 2 but would wet and mess myself both accidently and intentionally  from like 7 to 18 and then i had complications that made me 247 anyway but the intrest was always there.

• Like 1

Maybe if a parent starts too early.  Most pedatritions say the child has to be ready age wise.  16 months is too early but by 24 months training should be started, no later than 2-1/2 to 3 years.  Many of the AB's here think it should be up to the kid to decide if they just want to stay in diapers and that's wrong.  Even if you yourself are AB or DL, you have to do the right thing when parenting your children and a 4 or 5 year old is not mature enough to decide if they still want to wear diapers instead of potty training. Parents need to encourage potty training when the kid is old enough to understand it.  Too soon is not good, but past the age of 3 is also not good if potty training hasn't been started.

• Like 3

Well, I think for a lot of people if you start potty training too early it can have the opposite affect. By that I mean the child actually ends up liking diapers in the end and tries to get back in them when he's older. I think this happens because the younger the child is the more child can develop an interest in wetting or messing himself because he doesn't have the memory of what it's like to be in a diaper and he may actually like the feeling of wetting or messing himself because he had accidents as a toddler and just liked the feeling of it. And he might get curious what a diaper feels like on his bottom. On the other hand if you wait and potty train your child late they can actually grow a custom to diapers and make potty training very difficult because they like them too much to give them up. Personally I think the more you push potty training on someone the more likely they are to have an interest in diapers later on in life. I'll be it young or older. I myself was in diapers for 6 years and didn't get out of them until I was practically 7. Which only added to my infatuation with them. I also had a lot of accidents which made me like them even more. Personally I think it should be left up to the child whether or not they want to be potty trained or continue to wear diapers. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of heat for that opinion. But I think with diapers going up in size more often and people's busy schedules I think it's becoming the norm and honestly I don't see anything wrong with that. I feel like people have a double standard when it comes to people wearing diapers. For one thing no one has a problem with someone that has incontinence issues but the second you find out that a child hasn't been potty trained and has been in diapers for six, seven years, then it's a big deal, and I just can't understand that. I feel like if I can be in diapers for 6 years and be okay, then I feel like other people can too. it's not the end of the world if they NEVER get potty trained. It's just one of society's stupid social norms and honestly I've kind of always had a problem with that and society's way of thinking in general.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Widdle Webslinger said:

Personally, I think it should be left up to the child whether or not they want to be potty trained or continue to wear diapers. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of heat for that opinion. But I think with diapers going up in size more often and people's busy schedules I think it's becoming the norm and honestly I don't see anything wrong with that. I feel like people have a double standard when it comes to people wearing diapers. For one thing, no one has a problem with someone who has incontinence issues but the second you find out that a child hasn't been potty trained and has been in diapers for six, or seven years, then it's a big deal, and I just can't understand that. I feel like if I can be in diapers for 6 years and be okay, then I feel like other people can too. it's not the end of the world if they NEVER get potty trained. It's just one of society's stupid social norms and honestly, I've kind of always had a problem with that and society's way of thinking in general.

I totally agree with you, Potty training should be left up to the child whether or not they are ready or prepared for potty training or they continue to wear diapers. The way society is going these days with everyone's busy schedule and lives, I think it's slowly becoming the norm and for me, I don't see anything wrong with a kid being in diapers. If you look at society today, it's pretty darn accepting of a lot of things and not like in the past. Now you're seeing more and more people in society today who are accepting a lot of things from LGBTQ to disabled people. I know people will take offense to my statement and people will have a double standard when it comes to people who have incontinence issues. But when it comes to a kid who's 6 or 7 years old and still in diapers, it's a big deal and everyone in here is up at arms over it. For me, I feel like if a 6 or 7-year-old wants to be in diapers, then I feel it's okay for everyone else as well. After all, isn't society pushing drag queen story hour on young kids and even pushing the trans lifestyle on kids as young as 6 or 7 years old? Even schools are pushing the LGBTQ lifestyle in elementary school kids as well. So if you are up at arms over a 6 or 7-year-old who's still in diapers and not potty trained but is okay with kids listening to drag queen story hour, being indoctrinated in the LGBTQ lifestyle, and being pushed into the trans lifestyle, then your the problem and not the 6 or 7-year-old who's comfortable in a diaper. It's why kids who are still in diapers and not potty trained are one of society's old, stupid, and outdated norms that should have been thrown out when we entered the 21st century. It's why diapers should be normalized and should not be shamed, ridiculed, or humiliated. If a 6 or 7-year-old wants to stay in diapers and is not ready for potty training, more power to them and I support them. When they are ready for potty training, they will let their parents know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am potty trained, but not in the conventional manner. I have trained myself to go potty in my wet morning diaper Case in point is this morning's wet and messy Try Again diaper. Try again means for me to try again to be wet and poopy, not dry and clean. This morning I am successfully potty trained.

I think that it's up to the parents to figure out when it the right time for the child to be potty trained.  Everyone is different and that goes for potty training.  I had a normal potty training.  I had a couple accidents as a kid, but not many.  I wasn't a bed wetter. 

I've always had a thing for diapers,  so, if my parents had left the decision of potty training up to me, I'd likely have never been potty trained LOL. 

I was never punished for having an accident,  though I  thought that I may be. Come to find out,  years later,  that my parents had friends who were severely punished for accidents and bed wetting. 

I really think that the key to potty training is to try it when you think that the child is ready.  If it doesn't work out,  don't punish,  give them some more time in diapers and then try the potty training in a couple months or so and see if it works then. 

I don't think that early or late potty training leads to ABDL, I just think that it's how we are wired. We'd love wearing and using our diapers no matter how we were potty trained. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Spanky said:

I really think that the key to potty training is to try it when you think that the child is ready.  If it doesn't work out,  don't punish,  give them some more time in diapers and then try the potty training in a couple months or so and see if it works then. 

That's why I believe in letting the kid guide the parents when they are ready for potty training. If they are not ready for potty training, then they can stay in diapers until they are ready for potty training. In today's society, I would not be surprised if kids are being potty trained at 6 or 7 years old. I just think that in today's society of tolerance and acceptance for things, letting the kid stay in diapers at 6 or 7 years old or beyond is pretty much normal these days. I wouldn't be surprised, barring any disability that a kid is kept in diapers instead of being potty trained.

Case in point, I was potty trained way late for me because I had issues in learning to use the potty. As my medical issues got worse as I got older and and older, it was decided that I would be put back into diapers and they made the realization that if I didn't successfully pass potty training in the beginning, then I should have never left diapers in the first place. This is why I am a huge advocate for making potty training an option and not a requirement and making it so that if the kid is ready to be potty trained and hits those benchmarks, then they can be potty trained. If a kid wants to stay in diapers, I am all for that and very supportive of them.

• Like 3