LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Got FTP Access to RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME Back

I have gotten back access to my site and have started to recover things that got accidentally deleted. I did it by means of FileZilla FTP

For those not in the know FTP; short for File Transfer Protocol is the best way to up and download files to and from a place. Most webhosting companies have an FTP address, port, userid and root directory for you; you usuall login with your site password, which your FTP program will store if told to. Other places that support transfers of files and folders do as well. Generally, freeware FTP programs have a limit of asmall number of, up to 10, GB that they will move at a time

One of the longest-lived (available and maintained) FTP programs, called "client" is FileZilla, it is easy to use so noobs (and boobs) can pick it up easily and, if you wish to do the deep dive can do quite incredible things. The best places to get it are ninite and foss-hub. What makes these places desireable is that they strip out the crapware

Between that and Internet Dowload Manager, a premium program well worth the price since it is fast, flexible and integrates into your broser; I've had it for over 10 years, you can RULE the web and make it do what you want

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

I have gotten back access to my site and have started to recover things that got accidentally deleted. I did it by means of FileZilla FTP

For those not in the know FTP; short for File Transfer Protocol is the best way to up and download files to and from a place. Most webhosting companies have an FTP address, port, userid and root directory for you; you usuall login with your site password, which your FTP program will store if told to. Other places that support transfers of files and folders do as well. Generally, freeware FTP programs have a limit of asmall number of, up to 10, GB that they will move at a time

One of the longest-lived (available and maintained) FTP programs, called "client" is FileZilla, it is easy to use so noobs (and boobs) can pick it up easily and, if you wish to do the deep dive can do quite incredible things. The best places to get it are ninite and foss-hub. What makes these places desireable is that they strip out the crapware

Between that and Internet Dowload Manager, a premium program well worth the price since it is fast, flexible and integrates into your broser; I've had it for over 10 years, you can RULE the web and make it do what you want

@Little BabyDoll Christine

Congratulations! Glad to see that you're able to get back your access to your site! Most of the time when you lose access to your site, it is due to some sort of problem that is related to issues with the provider, and sometimes that can be a problem. Now I have my website down because there's something severely wrong with many of my sites because for some reason they're just Slow is the devil, and I can't share why that is, because I'm running on a fast server.

You should always remember, and also remember that there is also a protocol called secure FTP, which is considered HTTPS, which runs on Port 22. This will allow you to do it in such a way that it will make your transfers more secure than just a regular FTP client, which some places have added.  I use secure shell or SSH and secure web using HTTPS, which most places support natively now. HTTPS Is also secure, the good thing about secure FTP is all you have to do plug your ftp site in and just change it to port 22, but if you are happy with the setup you have now, that's fine. Just figured I'd give you a little bit of information, because some sites only support secure shell or secure FTP, and as such they also support https.

Good luck and glad to see you back online!

Brian