LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Effects Of Loadshedding

If you don't know what loadshedding is, it's a period of 2 to 2 and a half hours of no electricity, up to four times a day. That's just the way it's been in South Africa for about 15 years, and it's actually got better lately. Some days my area will have no power outages in a day. Last week it was the whole week without.

Now, I soaked my trusty Alpha Clin Premium twice, and the hanging bulk is reminding me what a good baby I've been. And the geyser has just gone on, so it's another 90 minutes or so of just being wet. Any potential caregiver would be beaming. :)

Hey Dlsafrica

That’s a funny description for a power outage (LOAD shedding) I get the reason for the situation and I am glad it’s getting a bit better for you guys. People don’t understand how lucky they are to have constant power.

Do you what they call load shedding in U.S?

BROWN OUT!!!

that’s funny discrimination too!!!

E

15 hours ago, Babygeebee said:

Oh! You are talking about electricity. By the title I thought you were going to discuss something more appropriate for "Stinky, Squishy, and Proud". 🤭

"Brown out" still applies I should think. 

• Haha 1
On 7/13/2023 at 11:54 AM, dlsafrica said:

If you don't know what loadshedding is, it's a period of 2 to 2 and a half hours of no electricity, up to four times a day. That's just the way it's been in South Africa for about 15 years, and it's actually got better lately. Some days my area will have no power outages in a day. Last week it was the whole week without.

Now, I soaked my trusty Alpha Clin Premium twice, and the hanging bulk is reminding me what a good baby I've been. And the geyser has just gone on, so it's another 90 minutes or so of just being wet. Any potential caregiver would be beaming. :)

We here in the US are very privileged compared to that, here I think that would be outlawed. I am on medical equipment and need power to breathe. My power company will give me an email 2 weeks ahead for a scheduled maintenance repair, and they have to give us as much advance as posable for a fire shut down, up in the mountains we have the fire danger, and the power lines will blow and arc and cause fires, when the wind is really high they will tell us a shut down is coming. They gave us a Lithium battery that will run all of our med equipment for a while, with a solar charger. So when I hear of stories like this I feel very privileged .

• Like 2
On 7/14/2023 at 4:54 AM, dlsafrica said:

The purpose of load shedding is to deliberately "shed" load to stop the entire power grid collapsing.  It's a desperate measure driven by the brutal reality that there may not be enough power available to re-start a de-energised power grid in the eventuality of uncontrolled outages.  Load shedding is the lesser evil.

I was listening to a BBC podcast about this very topic (the near collapse of the South African power grid) earlier this week.  It was a bleak story of systemic incompetence, corruption and even sabotage within Eskom, the Government and associated contractors.  It's hard to see an end to it in what is starting to look like a "failed state".  I wish you the best.

3 hours ago, oznl said:

The purpose of load shedding is to deliberately "shed" load to stop the entire power grid collapsing.  It's a desperate measure driven by the brutal reality that there may not be enough power available to re-start a de-energised power grid in the eventuality of uncontrolled outages.  Load shedding is the lesser evil.

I was listening to a BBC podcast about this very topic (the near collapse of the South African power grid) earlier this week.  It was a bleak story of systemic incompetence, corruption and even sabotage within Eskom, the Government and associated contractors.  It's hard to see an end to it in what is starting to look like a "failed state".  I wish you the best.

This is exactly why I question any of our leaders in power any chance I can. Your power providers ask for a rate increase because they had to buy (import) power. To provide for last year and yet We aren't even a 32nd of the way converted over to electric..

On 7/13/2023 at 2:54 PM, dlsafrica said:

Wow, no electricity! 😲 I have been spoiled, but I do not mind playing Chutes & Ladders or Guess Who at all! Plus, I'd rather play outside or talk to people. Did I say play outside? 🤭🤭🤭

On 7/13/2023 at 2:54 PM, dlsafrica said:

Diaper pats for @dlsafrica! 😄🙃🤪

On 7/15/2023 at 5:11 AM, oznl said:

We have an electricity minister in government now and the situation is improving. We had worries about level 8 a few months ago, which would be about 16 hours a day without electricity, but we haven't gone past level six, which is four hours on and two hours off, four times a day. We are on level one during the week which is two hours off in every 18.

On 7/15/2023 at 3:11 AM, foreverdl said:

We here in the US are very privileged compared to that, here I think that would be outlawed. I am on medical equipment and need power to breathe. My power company will give me an email 2 weeks ahead for a scheduled maintenance repair, and they have to give us as much advance as posable for a fire shut down, up in the mountains we have the fire danger, and the power lines will blow and arc and cause fires, when the wind is really high they will tell us a shut down is coming. They gave us a Lithium battery that will run all of our med equipment for a while, with a solar charger. So when I hear of stories like this I feel very privileged .

It is difficult for medical emergencies

Just a few weeks ago, a young girl died because her breathing machine didn't have power. That was tragic. The one minister in government was not willing to make hospitals exempt from Loadshedding and that happened

On 7/15/2023 at 3:11 AM, foreverdl said:

They have done, and have plans for doing rolling blackouts in Texas. 

Everytime I see these kind of stories I am thankful I left South Africa when I did.South Africa is on its way to become a failed state just like Zimbabwe and others. 

11 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

We have an electricity minister in government now and the situation is improving. We had worries about level 8 a few months ago, which would be about 16 hours a day without electricity, but we haven't gone past level six, which is four hours on and two hours off, four times a day. We are on level one during the week which is two hours off in every 18.

It is difficult for medical emergencies

Just a few weeks ago, a young girl died because her breathing machine didn't have power. That was tragic. The one minister in government was not willing to make hospitals exempt from Loadshedding and that happened

That's still really bad. I know it all takes money and in Africa that's one thing you don't have much of. But you would really think the government would pay for generators in hospitals. I say that shows the government could care less about living or dining . I really feel for your people and am very sorry that we complain about such a small issue here in the US.