LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Runaway Toilet

my toilet has been running non-stop for days. I've done all the tinkering I know to do and it won't stop, so I assume it the stupidly complicated fill valve on this brand of john. Would be a fairly easy fix if I was in good health, but my back won't let me bend over the john, and crawl around it so I'm going to have to hire a guy... which I can't afford to do until the first, so I', not looking forward to next month's water bill!

• Sad 1
12 minutes ago, DailyDiapers said:

my toilet has been running non-stop for days. I've done all the tinkering I know to do and it won't stop, so I assume it the stupidly complicated fill valve on this brand of john. Would be a fairly easy fix if I was in good health, but my back won't let me bend over the john, and crawl around it so I'm going to have to hire a guy... which I can't afford to do until the first, so I', not looking forward to next month's water bill!

Maybe your mom or someone can turn off the valve at the toilet if there is one.  Look down below the tank if you can where the pipe comes up from under the floor.  If someone can shut off the valve, then to flush the toilet when you need to someone can just pour a bucket of water in the toilet or tank.  Yeah, lots of extra work to flush the toilet especially with a bad back, but better than a huge water bill!  I expect in your house there aren't as many toilet flushes as in most people's homes, but still quite a few.  You only have that one toilet?  If not, shut the water off to it if you can and use the other toilet if you have one.

4 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Maybe your mom or someone can turn off the valve at the toilet if there is one.  Look down below the tank if you can where the pipe comes up from under the floor.  If someone can shut off the valve, then to flush the toilet when you need to someone can just pour a bucket of water in the toilet or tank.  Yeah, lots of extra work to flush the toilet especially with a bad back, but better than a huge water bill!  I expect in your house there aren't as many toilet flushes as in most people's homes, but still quite a few.  You only have that one toilet?  If not, shut the water off to it if you can and use the other toilet if you have one.

Yep, just the one bathroom.

Same here.  One bathroom.  When my dad built the house over 50 years ago he didn't want to spend the money for a toilet and sink in the mater bedroom so it has been used as a storage closet all this time.  Not good with a family of 4, but now that there are just two of us it's not too bad having to share.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, rusty pins said:

Same here.  One bathroom.  When my dad built the house over 50 years ago he didn't want to spend the money for a toilet and sink in the mater bedroom so it has been used as a storage closet all this time.  Not good with a family of 4, but now that there are just two of us it's not too bad having to share.

I too grew up in a family of 4 with one bathroom.  Mornings were the worst.  There were no exceptions … first mom, then dad, next big sister and finally it was my turn.  Recall three times I couldn’t wait.  Once urging sister to hurry I partially peed my pajamas, another I gave up and did it in bed, and lastly out the window.  Those were the days.