LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Acid reflux

Get thee to a physician at the first possible moment. I have had the condition for 50 years, over 40 of those under treatment

• Like 1

Alkaline water helps manage it for me. It also helped me find out that I have also bile reflux because when you drink a high enough ph water, you stop making stomach acid apperantly. I drank some 10.5ph water before bed one time and woke up with green stuff on the sheets next to my head. I apparently barfed bile during the night in my sleep.

https://www.amazon.com/smartwater-Alkaline-Water-Distilled-Premium/dp/B082QKSFV5

There has been a government study to back up what im saying. This is a management tool,not a cure. The ph of the water you plan on buying has to be 9 or above

GERD can also be a result of hiatial hernia, which is a fialure of the stomach to seal properly when digiestion occurs. To my knowledge that can only be diagnosed  via an endoscopy. It used to be done via an Upper GI. They would give you a Barium milkshake, point a fluoroscope at your stomach then give you something very fizzy to drink and tell you to try to keep from burping for as long as you can while looking at the TV screen to see what was happening. Now, the give you a relaxant and spray a throat anesthic to suppress te gag reflex and put a camera on a cable (endoscope) down there and get a look around and maybe take pix. The Upper GI has been replaced by the endoscopy and the Lower GI; aka Barium enema, is replac3ed by the colonoscopy, during which you are OC (out cold on Propopol). I get both at once every few years, and you miss the show entirely.  Rarely, the hernia can be serious enough to require surgery

Long sotry short, If you get serious GERD, take it in. Did you notice that I did not make a treatment recommendation? I have not the knowledge nore equipment to do a diagnosis, which would be required to recommend a course of treatment and I do not wish to be responsible fort the consequences of doing so and guessing wrong

• Like 1

When my acid reducer doesn't work well enough for me, I dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in some water and drink it down to soothe the symptoms. Talk to your doctor at your earliest opportunity.

1 hour ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

They would give you a Barium milkshake, point a fluoroscope at your stomach then give you something very fizzy to drink and tell you to try to keep from burping for as long as you can while looking at the TV screen to see what was happening.

I had one of those when I was 9 or 10. Watching the barium go down my throat as I swallowed was fascinating. I'd have enjoyed the process a lot more if I hadn't felt so miserable at the time.

I have it occasionally, but not often enough that I bother with daily medicine. 
I have over the counter pills that works for me when I get acid reflux, but usually it just helps sitting up and drinking water, and/or eating something. 

I had a plan to raise the bed, but I have never gotten around to do it.

Acid reflux sucks, for sure. If it's a chronic condition, you do want to look into treating it, because besides occasional discomfort, it can lead to an elevated risk for esophageal cancer, long-term. I just started experiencing this myself, rarely, but when it happens, it's very distressing - I wake up with stomach acid trying to invade my lungs, and then I cough and launch some of it into the back of my nose. I guzzle water and take an antacid, but neither of those make it into my respiratory passages, so I just have to wait it out before going back to bed. 

It seems to coincide with very greasy and or spicy food, eaten later in the evening, so the next time I eat suicide wings at 10 PM, I will take an antacid prophylactically before I go to bed. If it keeps happening, then I might have to explore the next levels of treatment, either OTC acid reducers, or, getting a prescription.  

• Thanks 1