LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Catheter and diaper

If this has been discussed here before please excuse me. I'm not looking to become 100% incontinent. But I do have a desire to try it for week and see how I like it. I see that you can wear a catheter for over a week. I had thought of inserting a Catheter and then diapering up and not take it out for a week. This should give me a good trial to see how I like being diaper dependent. But I have never worn a catheter and I am worried about it how it will feel when I'm doing everything I normally do. Also I'm worried about how it will feel when I remove it. Can anyone share information with me?

2 hours ago, pantyman said:

Can anyone share information with me?

Here is an excellent source of information on catheters.  Note some images and text have been lost, but still worth a look.

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

On 2/22/2023 at 11:58 PM, pantyman said:

If this has been discussed here before please excuse me. I'm not looking to become 100% incontinent. But I do have a desire to try it for week and see how I like it. I see that you can wear a catheter for over a week. I had thought of inserting a Catheter and then diapering up and not take it out for a week. This should give me a good trial to see how I like being diaper dependent. But I have never worn a catheter and I am worried about it how it will feel when I'm doing everything I normally do. Also I'm worried about how it will feel when I remove it. Can anyone share information with me?

With sufficient lube there is zero discomfort. In theory there is a greater chance of infection from the diaper. Perhaps a limit of 12 hours or so would be wise. Using a modified catheter, a holey foley, there is much less risk as the outlet is blocked and the pee passes through a hole into the urethra just beyond the outer sphincter. Should you get UTI, seek treatment early.  Removing a catheter is a non event.   

So I have read that entire thread and definitely I'm going to give it a try. But first I'm going to work on being comfortable putting the catheter in and taking out. Have already ordered some intermittent catheters so I can practice the insertion. Then I will try a modified foley. I can't wait to try my first 24-hour incontinent diaper dependent day. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

If you’re going to play with catheter insertion practice , you can save yourself some money by buying Red rubber boil able catheters you boil them for 15 minutes and let them cool and dry between sessions . When I first started cathing disposables weren’t common and we had to do the sterilizing and lubing ourselves between uses . That’s until big insurance bean counters figured out how much they spent on care & antibiotics from people not properly maintaining their catheters and technique and got UTI .