LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Budget PC Build

DailyDi

If you are not among the giftedin the building buz, You can do well in other morkets. 1. Open Box, these are "as new" but were bought then returned to the company with next to zero use because they were not what the buyer thought they were, or did not like some aspect, and returned the item. The sellers let these go at a fairly hefty discount. 2. Refurbished. Some dozen years ago, THIS WEEK IN TECHNOLOGY did a segment on this. The conclusion was that, unless you are skilled at refurbishing yourself, avoid the ordiary refurb market. However, you can do well in the Factory or Certified Refurbish sector.

Now, here is how that touches me. I am duee to update. I want a machine that can do content creation which means grpahic aart a la Bob Ross (using Krita; see the YT channel AGE OF ASPARAGUS), music composition, recording and production (see Apache Racoon's club), video (If I want something bad enough, evenat my age, I will learn it or figure it out. I got on the web at the age of 49,I learned programming on the TRS-80 Model I back in '78 after studying FORTRAN IV in '68 in a self-teaching tutorial manual from MIT, where my then best friend was going as a Physics major. I was quite excited to hear of the first releaseof FORTRAN in late '56/early 57 and can remember when these machines took up an entire room and were called "electronic brains. So, when I could get myhands on them, well, guess what). After a discussion with my tech advisor, I decided a gaming computer would be good for this kind of thing. So I looked around, prepared to spend about $2,000 for the machine, hoping to get an 8 core 11th gen with 32 GB RAM, What I found in the Acer Certified Refurb market on ebay was a Predator Orion 5000 PO5,640- UB12 The top (640) of the second tier  (12) of the second tier of the Predator Orion lin (5000) It is a 16 GB Ram TWELVE core 12th gen Intle Core main processor for $1900. For a monitor, I wanted a touchscreen/pen-friendly model so, as much as I liked the ultra high performance gaming models, I could not find what I wanted new, so I want to Egbay and found two that I liked,, The T272HL and the VT270. Thouch very well liked and high performing, the T 272 HL had an sRGB color gamut of 72% wich is, to me, on the low side of mediocre for graphics and video. Now the VT270, from what I had been able to glean and I am not sure of this, has a curved screen. I do not have "normal" depth perception and to date, have been avoiding cureved screens. but with an sRGB culor gamut of 99%, over a million to one contrast and both had 300 nit brightness, it is an offere I cannot refuse. Also, I am fond of pinblall and other kinds of games. I got the VT270 for $413 soo the whole thing cost about $2300 and change. New, the setup would cost about $2600. However I still want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM and add an optical disk drive because many programs still come on disk. Thismachine uses a 1 TB SSD and no HDD. I can kck the SSD up by adding a card or thumb drive and "mountiing" and putting a folder in the SSD that leads to the added drive, Somewhere I have a 1 or 2 TB thumb drive kicking around

I will use the current machine for media consumption (radio, TV, Video and music playback since Xfinity has a setup that lets you use a computer for a TV) and I put most of my music on SDXH cards.

ADDED The graphics card is an Nvidia RTX GeForce 3080 with 10 GB memory and I already have a Waccom Cintiq 24' Pro. I was looking for a 16" Pro and found this one on the "open box" market  on Ebay for only a  couple hundred USD more at $2100 so I grabbed it up

Edited by Little BabyDoll Christine
Add info