LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tips on wetting lying down?

It's been a long-time dream of mine to wet unconsciously. Even if I never get there, I would love to at least wet my diapers in bed, but I have a hard time wetting while lying down. It doesn't matter how absorbent my diaper is, I just can't seem to let go. Has anyone had a similar problem and gotten past it? I would appreciate any tips. 

Switching to cloth diapers helped a lot. REALLY hard to make a double cloth diaper leak; I can let go laying on my side and still trust it. I also give myself permission to leak, my reasoning being that all babies leak on occasion. So, "Trusting My Diaper" and "Accepting My Leaks" would probably be the two main tips I have.
Again; switching to cloth diapers and plastic pants helped a ton with the Trusting My Diaper part; assuming you don't already use cloth diapers. ?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, bedwetterintraining said:

The other problem I have is, when I inevitably stand at attention during the night, I nearly stick out the front waistband. Does anyone know of a diaper that extends farther up the front? I'm using Abena M4s at the moment. 

Sounds like maybe a cage would help with that problem ?

On 1/22/2023 at 8:32 AM, bedwetterintraining said:

I'm using Abena M4s at the moment. 

Take with a grain a salt, but for my body type (5'10" @ 205lbs) M4s usually ride much lower in comparison to my belly-button. I've been using Dry24/7s at night and with the double waist-bands, wider front coverage and longer length they tend to pick anything that flows to/over the front. Occasional leaks, but like @Ellie Jeansaid, "Accepting my leaks" has been a huge mental boon for me so far.

• Thanks 1

For learning to wet lying down can I suggest you transition toward that by practicing:

1. Wet standing next to the bed

2. Wet kneeling on the bed

3. Wet sitting on the bed

4. Wet laying on the bed

You may be able to start directly at step 2, not sure where you are.  A good way to segue from one stage to another is to may be start standing next to the bed and get onto the bed to kneel whilst you're still wetting your diaper.

Also, somebody else once told me they'd had success by visualising that they were lying in a warm bath (I guess upon success, they kind of WOULD be) whilst in bed.

As for the nocturnal tumescence (which is both annoying and I find, an inhibitor for sleep wetting), the least you can do is make sure you're pointing "down" upon retirement and perhaps you some firmly-fitting plastic pants to keep things that way.  This has the added advantage of making sure that the seat of your diaper does its fair share of absorbing upon pee events.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...