LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Some Advice

I (34M) have a good acquaintance/friend (38F) who recently started working at a diaper company who specializes in bamboo diapers (I think exclusively baby diapers). It sounds like they are having problems finding profitable markets and business model. I think they would have a much better time focusing on adult bamboo diapers as I have yet to find an Eco friendly adult brand vs the half dozen or so baby brands. In addition I feel like if bamboo diapers started to take off then Proctor and Gamble or one of the other big brands would swoop in and throw all their considerable resources behind it crushing any small competitors

On to my question. How do I talk to my friend that maybe they are barking up the wrong tree without outing myself as an ABDL. Or do I throw caution to the wind and identify msyelf as one and a knowledgeable member of the community?

For anyone not wanting/willing to give relationship advice. How ready do you think the ABDL diaper market is for environmentally conscious diapers? I already see a crazy premium paid for other features. Is recyclability/biodegradability one of them?

My question is 2 fold. 1. I legitimately would like more environmentally conscious diaper choices. and 2 If I can help her company out and point them in a profitable direction, that is a win/win

Thanks

DAQ

• Like 1

There isn't that big a market for it since most people with incontinence get disposable diapers covered by insurance or healthcare.
Don't think reusable diapers are covered.  I know parents get a discount here and there it they use cloth for baby, but no such thing for adults, afaik. 

Those that are into cloth-diapers, prefer the old styles with plastic pants as outer layer.

We already have ecoable.net, and its doubtful a new company can compete. 

I don't think you need to tell her that you wear or like diapers. I don't think you need to be a diaper expert to help her.

It sounds like she has been discussing the obstacles her company is facing in breaking into the market and being profitable. You could tell her you've been thinking of what she said and it occurred to you that the birth rate is falling in many parts of the world while the population of elderly has been exploding. Wouldn't it be a better business model to align yourself to an exploding market than a shrinking one. All she really needs is the idea. From there she could pitch it to management and let them research the feasibility. Just pitching the idea alone could raise her up in the eyes of her superiors and help her career.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 7
On 12/16/2022 at 4:52 AM, Dubious said:

Don't think reusable diapers are covered. 

If I understand the business correctly they are disposables. So my thought was there are all sorts of baby disposables that are bamboo based. My other concern for them is just straight competition. There are already many competitors in the space and if bamboo becomes the choice of the future, there is nothing stopping P&G or Kimberly Clark from swooping in and just doing it cheaper/better/faster. But as far as I know there are no adult disposables that are bamboo/more ecologically conscious and many of the big players have mad a choice to not compete.

On 12/16/2022 at 6:47 AM, FretaBWet said:

I don't think you need to tell her that you wear or like diapers. I don't think you need to be a diaper expert to help her.

Thank you. I think that has been my quandary. Is it possible to help without outing myself as a diaper wearer 100%. I think the answer is yes but MAYBE with some inking of suspicion. Or do I just do I just out myself and show the ridiculous price per piece and things that people will pay?

I have told two of my closest real life friends and a couple online. Everyone has responded positively or indifferently thus far. But I am not sure I want to take that road with her quite yet.

Regardless, thanks @FretaBWet.