LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For those who change in public.

When you are out shopping or whatever and need to change your wet or messy diaper, how do you go about taking a clean diaper and supplies into a store to use their restroom?  Lots of places don't let you bring in backpacks or they make you leave them up front (shoplifting and all), and walking into a business with an adult diaper and package of wipes in hand is pretty obvious.  What are all the ways members use to take a clean diaper into a store or restroom either openly or discreetly, and has anyone ever been stopped at the door carrying your changing supplies to use a restroom?

I normally change at a gas station that has a handicapped / family type bathroom that is very large and can be locked. I normally need to change 2 or 3 times per year at that station since it is a 2 hour drive each way from my house to town. I always carry a backpack with supplies.

• Like 1

I try to avoid having to change in public, but if I absolutely have to, having my wife put a diaper in her purse is one way to get around the "no backpack" issue, although to be honest, up here in the frozen North, most places seem to be fine with carrying in a laptop bag or a backpack, unless they're located close to a high school, in which case they often will prohibit bags. One pro tip for those of you out and about, and the industry is going to curse me for suggesting this, but... car dealerships usually have pristine, deserted bathrooms. 

• Like 1

For me, the diaper bag usually stays in the car. If I am wet or messy, I finish up what I am doing and make a mental note to where the bathroom is.  Then I will go to my car and I will bring my backpack into the store. I then go right for the restroom. I don't hang out or wander. I am confident and on a mission for the bathroom. If I don't know where it is, then I ask. Maybe I am lucky but despite ignoring many no backpack signs, I have never been confronted about it.  Also, I have the mindset that this is a medical thing. I am mentally prepared. If a store clerk was to make a big deal out of the backpack, my response would be I have medical supplies in it and need to use your bathroom. If they keep pestering me about it, then I would offer to leave it upfront and would take my diaper supplies out and would carry them to the restroom. I have learned to leave emotion out of it.

• Like 1

Just yesterday I attended an event at a major university. I could have brought a bag in, but didn't want to deal with the hassle of keeping up with it. I also parked close to the event ~10 mins, so if i had a BM, I could have just gone back to my car. If you are a commuter on a train or something, carrying a messenger bag or book-bag or briefcase is necessary. I dress professionally, a suit and tie (not too common these days). Dress nicer and look well groomed and people will suspect you less of shoplifting.

I digress... I tucked a diaper in my jacket, under my armpit. I use a blue Northshore, so even if someone saw it, it isn't a white DIAPER, it is a blue rectangular soft edge thing. In this case, I was wet, so I just brought one Heaven Scent bag in my pocket. Walked through the crowd, to the bathroom, changed, carried the bag in my jacket to the trashcan and tossed the bag, put on my jacket.

I have a range of jackets that can hide diapers if I am not changing immediately. ScottEvest is a great one. More trouble in the summer though. You can also carry a shopping bag, like you were just shopping somewhere else.

Starbucks have private bathrooms, and they don't care about backpacks. Many places are like this. If you use a bathroom, you should be buying something. my $0.02...

You are likely overthinking it, as we all tend to do!

• Like 1