LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question About An Odd Sensation

Wednesday was my first day of following the 12-month diaper training program and I've already experienced something odd. 

As part of the program, I have hydrated nonstop, drinking 8-16 oz of water roughly every hour and then would allow myself to wet as soon as I feel the urge, but at a couple of points, once during the day, and again during the night I had the feeling of having to go, but nothing would come out. 

This feeling persisted for at least a half hour, and by then I would wet but only a little bit because there was nothing left in my bladder. 

Is this a normal experience in untraining? 

Thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't get this sensation until after I was untraining for a 2-3 months. I feel like I retain urine more as time goes on. Even after 2 years of untraining I still flood my diaper rather than going in frequent small amounts. I think my bladder has reduced sensation and only voids when I'm either deeply relaxed or I must go NOW. I'm finding it difficult to find a middle ground.

I found that I frequently have that sensation.  I believe its a result of constantly trying to stay relaxed “down there”, which also relaxes the bladder. So, the bladder partially fills but doesn’t automatically contract resulting in the “need to go” sensation even though there isn’t much urine in it. 

• Like 1
On 10/13/2022 at 9:12 AM, diapered_jeff48801 said:

Wednesday was my first day of following the 12-month diaper training program and I've already experienced something odd. 

As part of the program, I have hydrated nonstop, drinking 8-16 oz of water roughly every hour and then would allow myself to wet as soon as I feel the urge, but at a couple of points, once during the day, and again during the night I had the feeling of having to go, but nothing would come out. 

This feeling persisted for at least a half hour, and by then I would wet but only a little bit because there was nothing left in my bladder. 

Is this a normal experience in untraining? 

Thanks. 

Am I reading this right that you are drinking 8-16 oz water every hour?Dont you know that you can kill your self by drinking to much water?LOOK IT  UP.

• Like 1

I think in the early stages of adapting to "24/7", I seized upon a constellation of tiny, perceived physiological events and thought they must be evidence of emerging dependency.  It turned out that I was over-thinking things and it's a MUCH longer road than advertised.  I've seen this reflected in others so don't be surprised if it turns out to be nothing.

Still for me, it's the journey and not necessarily the destination.

I *do* have a kind of muted/dislocated bladder sensation now.  It works normally enough if I allow pee to accumulate (which I almost never do) but at the constant low volumes, there is usually a perceptual dissonance between what I feel like is in there and what actually is.  That perception cuts both ways.  Sometimes there are pee-free urges and sometimes there are urge-free pees (more of the latter lately).

A bit over 3.5 years in...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 4:41 AM, waynecook52 said:

Am I reading this right that you are drinking 8-16 oz water every hour?Dont you know that you can kill your self by drinking to much water?LOOK IT  UP.

Don't worry, sometimes I poorly explain things. I drink around 130-160 oz of water daily and have a hydration tracker app on my phone.

On 11/10/2022 at 7:04 AM, oznl said:

I think in the early stages of adapting to "24/7", I seized upon a constellation of tiny, perceived physiological events and thought they must be evidence of emerging dependency.  It turned out that I was over-thinking things and it's a MUCH longer road than advertised.  I've seen this reflected in others so don't be surprised if it turns out to be nothing.

Still for me, it's the journey and not necessarily the destination.

I *do* have a kind of muted/dislocated bladder sensation now.  It works normally enough if I allow pee to accumulate (which I almost never do) but at the constant low volumes, there is usually a perceptual dissonance between what I feel like is in there and what actually is.  That perception cuts both ways.  Sometimes there are pee-free urges and sometimes there are urge-free pees (more of the latter lately).

A bit over 3.5 years in...

Yeah looking back I realize that I got a little too excited and overthought this.

On 11/8/2022 at 9:20 PM, jonbearab said:

I didn't get this sensation until after I was untraining for a 2-3 months. I feel like I retain urine more as time goes on. Even after 2 years of untraining I still flood my diaper rather than going in frequent small amounts. I think my bladder has reduced sensation and only voids when I'm either deeply relaxed or I must go NOW. I'm finding it difficult to find a middle ground.

I've found that using a potty timer helps to ensure I don't flood. currently I set mine for 20 minutes but if you've untraining for years you could probably set yours lower.

So an update on this; I think the feeling came from getting used to the untraining.  

This feeling has subsided and I've settled into a pattern of wetting roughly every 20 minutes during the day.

Nighttime I'm waking up after a couple of hours and wetting a bit and then going back to sleep, although a couple times I woke up wet and didn't remember how I got that way.

Thank you all for the responses and advice.

8 hours ago, diapered_jeff48801 said:

Nighttime I'm waking up after a couple of hours and wetting a bit and then going back to sleep, although a couple times I woke up wet and didn't remember how I got that way.

This is a VERY familiar pattern to me.  Just something to be aware of; my experience suggests it's entirely possible that you won't become incontinent but you WILL develop bed wetting.  It's not just me that's followed this path.  That may or may not be attractive to you and in my case, it did kind of sneak up on me.  I suspect I'd been intermittently peeing in my sleep for a quite a while by the time I eventually "proved" it to myself.  In my current state I could go nappy-free during the day (albeit with some degree of inconvenience and discomfort) but my night nappies are 100% compulsory now on pain of possible wet bedding.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, oznl said:

This is a VERY familiar pattern to me.  Just something to be aware of; my experience suggests it's entirely possible that you won't become incontinent but you WILL develop bed wetting.  It's not just me that's followed this path.  That may or may not be attractive to you and in my case, it did kind of sneak up on me.  I suspect I'd been intermittently peeing in my sleep for a quite a while by the time I eventually "proved" it to myself.  In my current state I could go nappy-free during the day (albeit with some degree of inconvenience and discomfort) but my night nappies are 100% compulsory now on pain of possible wet bedding.

I've been wearing to bed for years now at this point, with bed protectors and all so I would welcome bedwetting, besides, I hate getting up in the middle of the night.

7 minutes ago, diapered_jeff48801 said:

I've been wearing to bed for years now at this point, with bed protectors and all so I would welcome bedwetting, besides, I hate getting up in the middle of the night.

All good then.  I suspect you're well on your way here.  My transition to bed wetting was also quite blurred.  There were loads of "did I or didn't I?" situations and a general lack of insight of how my nappy had come to be as wet as my bladder was empty come morning.  After months of this, the acid test was I went to bed without a nappy and got woken by cold, wet sheets at 3am:  something I would not have chosen to do through any desire so I realised that it was something my body chose to do.

Currently it happens probably 2 - 4 nights per week but I'm not sure.

You're right about not getting up.  That's a definite win because once I've gotten out of bed, I find it very difficult to get back to sleep.

• Like 1
On 11/19/2022 at 9:06 AM, diapered_jeff48801 said:

I've found that using a potty timer helps to ensure I don't flood. currently I set mine for 20 minutes but if you've untraining for years you could probably set yours lower.

I am tempted to give this a shot. I've come this far, what do I have to lose? I imagine it'd be quite annoying after a while.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jonbearab said:

I am tempted to give this a shot. I've come this far, what do I have to lose? I imagine it'd be quite annoying after a while.

At first it does get annoying, but after awhile it gets to the point where you start automatically feeling the urge before the timer even goes off.