LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Diaper Purchase In My Hometown

I'm not new to purchasing diapers face to face, in fact I've been doing it on a regular basis over the last 6 months. However, instead of purchasing diapers in my city, I've been making a 2 hour drive to a town where no one will know me to make the purchase. my diaper supply had been getting low over the past couple of days and i was dreading the drive to buy more diapers.

after coming out of the theatre yesterday (with a nicely soaked diaper on) i decided that it was time for me to take the plunge and buy some diapers in the city. i walked across the parking lot to the zellars store and went right to the adult diaper section. I waited for the aisle to clear (also the toilet paper aisle) and grabbed a package of my regular diapers (depends maximum in Lg). I was also running low on baby wipes and powder (i love hitting the checkout with my adult diapers and baby wipes, lotion or powder as it must make the cashier think that i don't have a medical "need" for the diapers), so i made my way to the baby section carrying my depends by the bag's handle. i selected a bottle of J&J powder and baby dry wipes from the baby section and headed for the checkout. The cashier was a cute younger girl; she gave me that weird look when i put my items on the counter, but rang me through without comment.

Anyways, this went pretty smooth so i'm sure that i'll buy in my city again.

Yes Joeblow making that first purchase is always so very difficult, like you I used to go miles to buy my Nappies from a small local village chemist's that eventually kept a stock for me. :)

But given time it will become that you do not even give it a thought anymore. :blush::roflmao:

I went to a different town the first time I bought diapers, but after that, I figured why bother, no one noticed, no said anything, so I go and buy a few packages at a time now, just a bigger bag when you leave the store

Congratulations on taking an important step, there, joeblow.

Most of us feel a lot of shame and embarrassment at first, and want to hide ourselves away. It's hard to get our heads around the idea that nobody else much cares what we buy or what we do. That's the best thing about buying diapers from a store, I think--taking that chance to hold your head high.

I thought I'd had all those sorts of experiences, but a few months ago I had a new one too... I went to a small health care store here in my town, found that they carried Molicares but not in my size, and decided to ask the manager if she had any more packages in back. She said no, but offered to call me when they were in stock. I was kind of surprised to discover that I was terrified to let her have my name and phone number! But I cranked up my courage and did so, and she wrote them down in a notebook (on a page labelled "incontinent", along with half a dozen other people who have standing orders for particular kinds of diapers). Afterward I felt wonderful.

Perhaps someday I'll manage to completely overcome those feelings of shame and embarrassment that still creep up on me sometimes... I just have to keep taking baby steps (no pun intended :) ).

the first time I purchased diapers it was at a Rite Aide then Safeway right down the street from my house. All I had was my bicycle and my duffel bag. That was back when attends were wonderful!! Oh how I miss those days. Then I would bike ride home and try to sneak back into my room. Now that they have the internet and Bambino diapers I just order them up and make other people do the leg work. :D

~Brian

No one knows I wear diapers so I try and be discreet when I buy them, which I have been doing at stores for 30 years. There have been a few times that I have run into someone I know when in a drug store in the adult diaper section and once when I had a bag of adult diapers in my hand. I had to act perfectly normal and if they had said anything to me I would have told them I was running errands and they were for a family member. They never asked. I usually don't buy my diapers in town because I like Attends and no one in town sells them. I also like going to medical supply stores to buy my diapers because I can have more interaction with the store clerks and they expect their customers to need and wear diapers. I also have a few places in town that sell disposable diapers that people I know wouldn't go to, diapers that you wouldn't normaly find in stores. For me, there are many small and large towns close to me, all within 20 to 60 minutes away so I have a lot of options. I don't worry about buying diapers in person, in fact I enjoy it as long as I don't run into anyone who knows me! Like I've said many tims before, I don't care if a stranger who I'll probably never see again may notice my diaper showing out the back of my jeans a little, but I sure can't afford for any friends or family members to find out!

Congratulations on taking an important step, there, joeblow.

I thought I'd had all those sorts of experiences, but a few months ago I had a new one too... I went to a small health care store here in my town, found that they carried Molicares but not in my size, and decided to ask the manager if she had any more packages in back.

Wow that's the First I've heard of a store (Non AB/DL) that carried Molicares here in the States, things are looking up :thumbsup:

I can get Tena's Locally so hopefully they will progress over to the East Coast. Personally I buy online due to the cost savings, but in a pinch I will go to Krogers to pick up some Depends, now that's brave as it's right down the street from me, and I know many people know me in there, I just let mommy carry them :whistling: