LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Would you like to have an ABDL Hall of Fame

Would you like to have an ABDL Hall of Fame  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have an ABDL Hall of Fame

• Yes
    • No

In an erslier incarnation of DD, we had the DIAPER MUSEUM. Where it went I have no idea. Now, this has come up

ABdl HALL OF fAME

Given some of the responses and the reactions I got to ny suggestions on how to make it real, it appears to have legs

So whould you like to see such a thing?

Just now, Apache Raccoon said:

An archive of some sort might be interesting, but an ABDL Hall of Fame sounds a bit silly.

No more so than light-up sneakers

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

No more so than light-up sneakers

But light up toddler shoes are AWESOME though!??????? One of the many different perks of being a toddler again!???????♥️????

• Like 1

Same difference:it isjust that Hall of fame highlightsthemoreiconicor influential material, like DPF and Comco (remember, I led the search for the replacement) ; it spotlights the things that got us here or that were most, liked, most famous or pblazed the trail. What were you doing when I joined DPF in '83? And that was 7 7ears after Mommy Florence and Amber E. Some things have earned special recognition as being pivotal

And you were not of age, either. Howmany of us started with DPF? I found out about it and INFANTAE PRESS from Carolyn's Kids, which I found in Sept of'82. When I started DPF, I didnot see anyone over 45. It was probably the first nationwide club and as such, having started as a loca thing amongfriends, still in its infancy as a national group. As such it was pivotal and deserves a special place. To my knowledge,  Mommy Florence made the first true ABrubber panties in '76. I still have a couple of dresses from Carolyn's Kidsthat I got in  about '85       

An archive is like a museum: what it needs above all else is volunteers. In fact, I'll go farther and say that a railroad museum, especially one that offers train rides, needs a lot more volunteers who have a lot more dedication, than a car museum, which in turn needs more of both than a collectible-stamp museum...or a diapers-and-plastic-pants museum. In other words, it is a job for one or more people. Is someone here willing to take on that job?

That depends on the nature of the items, too. One consisting of images like the RUFFLES & rIBBONS GIRLS' HOME Rubber apnty Holl of Fame, wihch is an interactive photo's of baby panty ads from 1871 to the early '50's (I just got an image of a playtex Panty ad from 1953 and have to add it) and things like the history of Playtex would be easy to care for. If on the other hand, you wanted physical items to "prove" that such things existed where possible or for exhibitions at events like Teddy.Con, that would be a nadful

We had a virtual diaper museum once (It may be possible to find it unhacked on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine and grab it up) so someone knew how to do this. In about 2012 or so, when DailyDi got his Empire baby panties, there were some contributions made to that museum, I sent in some pictures of Sears' layettes and some other things but noting seems to have come of it

The reason this is being called "Hall of Fame" is because that is what the thread from which I got the idea of 'how to" was titled and the reactions  I got on my profiles page looked like it would be a viable idea (I could ship in a copy of RUBBER PANTIES'R'US since it is THE first  and most complete full-function document, but I think it is too recent being little more than a year old and with not even a tenth of the audience participation I had hoped for). If Rearz is doing what I think they seem to be, A. C. Medical things may be going extinct

As to who, that would have to be a small committee of absolutely trustworthy Admins and Mods to decide what goes in,  set it up and maintain it