LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Acid Reflux Disease

Acid Reflex Disease is a burning sensation in the stomach, typically extending toward the esophagus and sometimes associated with the eructation of an acid fluid (also called a heartburn). I was diagnosed with it at around the beginning of my freshman year in high school. The incontinence element came into play with the acidic fluid started to push down contents into my bladder instead of extending toward the esophagus like normal. I started having bowel incontinence and if I was forced to "hold it," I'd wet myself.

Does anyone have a similar problem to mine?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Toddlerguy. I can relate sort of. When I drink alot of soda and eat spicy foods I tend to get a very sour stomach. Terrible heartburn and burps that smell and taste horrible. The next day I have terrible diarreha which is hard to control. I've been to the doctor and he is trying to get me on a low-carb diet. Not the Atkin's diet mind you, but a lower carbohydrate regime to try and control the bowel incontinence that shows up after eating these rich foods.

• 6 months later...
  • 14 years later...
On 7/3/2005 at 9:23 AM, drynot said:

Wow Toddlerguy. I can relate sort of. When I drink alot of soda and eat spicy foods I tend to get a very sour stomach. Terrible heartburn and burps that smell and taste horrible. The next day I have terrible diarreha which is hard to control. I've been to the doctor and he is trying to get me on a low-carb diet. Not the Atkin's diet mind you, but a lower carbohydrate regime to try and control the bowel incontinence that shows up after eating these rich foods.

So I’m cruising through the medical section, looking for something relating to IBS-D and came across this topic. Could the two be semi related?

I do not know what this has to do with diapers, but I have had it for 47 years. I geel it mostly in my throat. it is the result of a "hiatialhernia". This a condition where the 'trap door" to the stomach does not close right and  when the stomach starts to rock and roll, some of thejoice gets out and up into the gullet. I currently take Famotadien (Pepsid) 40mg twice a day. Unfortuantely, I am allergic to the one-daily proton pump inhibitors like Prilosc

I think the OP had an issue with stomach acid entering into the bladder.   I’m curious as to whether or not IBS D and acid reflux can be related.  Thinking about it though, it probably not. It seems like the IBS may have been around for most of my life while the reflux was more of an adulthood thing. 

I can’t believe that gastric acid can get to the bladder; there’s no physical plumbing connection and the stomach and bladder are not physically adjacent to each other. There has to be a different explanation. GERD, heartburn, acid reflux are just different names for the same condition; acid escaping the stomach and backing up into the esophagus.