LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Covered Versus Cloth Covered Disposable Diapers

Plastic v. Cloth  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Plastic covered or Cloth covered, what covers your rear?

• Plastic rules! Cloth covered is the end of the world!
    • I prefer plastic covered, but don't mind cloth covered.
    • A diaper is a diaper, the covering matters not one iota.
    • Cloth covered is better, but plastic is okay sometimes.
    • Cloth covered is awesome! Plastic is hot, sticky, and uncomfortable.
    • I don't wear disposable diapers... I wear REAL cloth diapers!
    • I don't wear diapers at all. What's the big deal?

I've only recently started buying the cloth covered diapers (in the last year or so) & I've come to like them. They are a bit quieter & the ones that use the velcro type closures I don't find that bad and are better when I need to repostion my diaper after taking a BM (don't do that in my diapers (well for the most part)). Also now in this summer heat they are more comfortable, less chaffing between the legs.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the issue most of us who prefer the plastic ones have IS the quieter nature...typically, people who prefer the cloth ones either enjoy, or just don't mind, the more discreet nature.

If you're a humiliation buff, or if like me, you remember those plastic-backed diapers they used when you were a baby, plastic diapers have that authentic side that can't be beat for feeling extra babyish.

If you're a DL, I'm not sure which you'd go for...

Personally I prefer the plastic backing it is what I grew up with as a child. However, Cloth backing doesn't really bother me aslong as I have a few plastic backs on hand.

I think it really just depends to be honest with you, clothe-like backing is a BIG plus if you're going to be doing anything remotely active in the diaper. It just allows so much more air, the level of comfort for practical use is just above and beyond what plastic backing can give you.

That being said, I enjoy wearing plastic backed diapers a lot more, but then again I'm a fetishist. If I was somebody that had to wear diapers, I probably wouldn't bother with them unless it was an overnight thing.

I live in an extremely humid and very hot area, so plastic covered is extremely unbearable for me. I prefer the cloth.

Put me in a cooler or less humid climate, then I don't care so much.

I wear plastic backed diapers, and I use plastic pants, always, I love the feeling, I don't like the cloth covers they seem seem to leak through the cover, I wear for long periods of time, like many hours, and the cloth like just don't cut it with me...$0.02

• 1 month later...

I answered cloth and plastic is ok sometimes. The noise of plastic isn't a good thing at times, but I will wear plastic backed diapers at times and don't care if anyone notices.