LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Struggling to Focus Where I Should be Focusing

why do I either focus on the past or the future but struggle to focus on the present?? The present is where I'm supposed to be focusing on and the fact that I'm unable to focus on it is a tough place to be in.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, JP403 said:

why do I either focus on the past or the future but struggle to focus on the present?? The present is where I'm supposed to be focusing on and the fact that I'm unable to focus on it is a tough place to be in.

Well, that's probably because you have unfinished emotional business with your past or future. And you may not even know it. You got to make sure that's dealt with, before you can move on.

On 3/16/2022 at 1:46 AM, BabySpiderBoy said:

Well, that's probably because you have unfinished emotional business with your past or future. And you may not even know it. You got to make sure that's dealt with, before you can move on.

@JP403 @BabySpiderBoy

You also may be having doubts as to what the present situation is at this time. I have been in pandemic mode for about 2 1/2 years. Prior to that, I was working three days a week at the church, going down 6:50 in the morning and coming home by five at night three days a week. Because of the change in the way things were done, because of the pandemic, and because of the economy and other things that are important, we have to make changes to the way we are operating our thrift store, which also means that we have to make changes to the way we operate.

We have been running since 2009, so there have been things that we have changed including who is in charge.  I am supposed to be the executive Director, and leader of this ministry, and it is kind of hard to be a leader of something when you are not sure what you will be leading, or how it will be done. I’m not quite sure what I will lead when I come back, because 90% of the meetings and things that have happened usually happen, and I am not required to be there, but I have access to all of the meeting minutes, and keep in contact with the people that I need to on a daily basis. I admit that I am a little flustered, as Little by little things are changing, and I’m not sure if they will be for the better or for the worse. The church says “they want to make it easier for everybody that works with you so that they don’t have to worry about certain things“. I support this, but there are certain things that I think need to be kept – one of these is my access to computers, and having them on my desk and available. We have to make changes to the floor plan, but the thing they wanna do is make my desk really small, and then I’m not sure what I will be able to have on my desk nor will I know what size my desk is, because they aren’t even done with it yet.

add to that the fact that I haven’t been down to the church in over three months, and it’s kind of hard to have face-to-face meetings when they are not something that I am a part of. I am awaiting decisions from departments that are above me, and it kind of scares me – I used to take care of so many records, I used to be able to manage all of the documentation and what not, and now I won’t have to do as much, but I also have the church taking more control from me, so that I don’t have as much control as I once did. This scares me a little, because I don’t know what I am going to be running when I return. What I need to do, is on Monday, actually go downstairs and see what has been done, and then I guess start emailing Individuals so that I know what I’m dealing with. I support the idea that we need to make changes, but I don’t actually think that it is a good idea that we end up making changes that make technology use unnecessary, since I maintain four domains, two of which I update on a quite regular basis, while the other two I do not.

Individuals so that I know what I’m dealing with. I support the idea that we need to make changes, but I don’t actually think that it is a good idea that we end up making changes that make technology use unnecessary, since I maintain four domains, two of which I update on a “regular basis, while the other two I do not. 

I am a very patient man, and I will and have listened to a lot of differing opinions and ways of doing things. I still have the last say as to what I think will work, so most of what they have done is things that I support. However, when you haven’t worked for over two years, and you need to make changes to the way things have been going, and you are used to doing it one way, and you’re not sure how it’s going to work: meaning that I would have to ask permission for almost everything I do, where I didn’t have to in the past unless it was a certain item, this causes May concern. I have a good team, but I still wonder what I will be running when I return to work: will we be able to do the wonderful things that we have been able to do for the last 12 or 13 years, or will most of that disappear, and the only thing that we will be doing is handing things out of the back room to everybody that walks through the doors? Not sure what we will deal with, but these are concerns that I’ve had and dreams that I’ve had, and I just want to make sure that what I am running looks similar to what I left, but better than when I got there. I just hope that they don’t take all of the computers and technology away from me in my job, because that will be one thing that I will be screaming so loud that the people in MONTPELIER will be able to hear me at the Burlington international Airport! Not sure exactly what is going on, and I know I’m rambling, but when you are not sure what you will see or what you will have, it gives you pause to wonder and worry about things: I’m not too worried about the ability to do my job, as much as will I be able to do my job because what I know to be my job won’t even resemble what I’m used to: I guess we will have to wait.

baby spider boy is right: if you have unfinished business that you have to deal with, it is very hard to concentrate on what will be the future. Why did I just spew all that above? The answer is that I have those concerns myself, And it’s very hard to envision what I will deal with when I return when I have to deal with email only, and I have only one or two people that I contact, while everything else is being decided in meetings that I don’t have to be a part of: we will have to determine what it is that we will be doing, and I guess what I will have to do is to bite the bullet, and stand my ground where it is necessary, because I don’t see, and I’m not sure if I can see the road ahead, and right now it’s just something that I don’t know about. I know how to do the job the way I did it for 14 years, but I’m not sure how they want it done, and the only way for me to know that is to be able to be on the ground talking to my volunteer base and being able to determine what it is they want and what it is they do not. I just hope that when they get done, I still have the final say because that is my job as a Director: when you have responsibility of several volunteers, you always try to look out for the best interest of your volunteers, your church, your community, and your customers. that has always been what my mission has been.

I think if I were to write an email this weekend, I would be able to deal with about 99% of these issues and be able to move forward: I’ve always been willing to make changes, but there are certain hard stops that I will not budge on. Computers help me every day, and one of the things that I worry about is if my work computer dies, the church will not replace it: we make enough money so that they should not be an issue, but the church should be able to see my side as well, and I will make that part of my feelings.

I think if I were to write an email this weekend, I would be able to deal with about 99% of these issues and be able to move forward: I’ve always been willing to make changes, but there are certain hard stops that I will not budge on. Computers help me every day, and one of the things that I worry about is if my work computer dies, the church will not replace it: we make enough money so that they should not be an issue, but the church should be able to see my side as well, and I will make that part of my feelings.

in order for you to be able to move forward, you have to be able to deal with what is in your past, and in order to see your future you have to know what’s in your rearview mirror and what you were looking at. It’s almost like if you’re driving a car. You know what’s behind you because you’ve already passed it, you know what’s in front of you because you’re looking right at it, and you can see a little bit ahead of where you’re going so that you know where you are going or where your destination is.  As many of you know, I am a Christian man who believes very strongly in God: he gave me life, and he’s giving me the skills to be able to function at a higher level as I can: he gave me the smarts to be able to understand and do things that certain people may not be able to understand or be able to do, or give me the skill to be able to talk to certain individuals so that I can get what I need or explain very technical subjects to somebody in a way that makes sense to them.

I don’t want to get too religious or political here: but just to state that my faith in God hopefully will be able to set my mind at ease. When you work so hard at a job that you actually enjoy, and major changes have to happen, for whatever reason, you always wonder if you had done the right things, or if people think that you can do those things. I know that my church trusts me so that isn’t the issue, but when you see things through the rearview mirror, you’re looking at the present, and you’re not sure what the present will look like, but you can see what’s ahead of you but only a little bit, or hear what is ahead of you, it is hard to make sense of the past the present or the future. Spider boy is also correct that you cannot move forward until you deal with the demons of your past or deal with what is in front of you. What I have tried to do is not worry about things that bother me to this level, but as far as I can go I have spoken my piece to several individuals where I have concerns. Now I will have to see what they come up with!

May God give me the strength and the wisdom to be able to do what I do best to the best of my ability, and the power to be able to continue to do what I have done, and whatever modified set up they approve.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Word missing: Corrected ?
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@JP403 @BabySpiderBoy

You also may be having doubts as to what the present situation is at this time. I have been in pandemic mode for about 2 1/2 years. Prior to that, I was working three days a week at the church, going down 6:50 in the morning and coming home by five at night three days a week. Because of the change in the way things were done, because of the pandemic, and because of the economy and other things that are important, we have to make changes to the way we are operating our thrift store, which also means that we have to make changes to the way we operate.

We have been running since 2009, so there have been things that we have changed including who is in church. I am supposed to be the executive Director, and leader of this ministry, and it is kind of hard to be a leader of something when you are not sure what you will be leading, or how it will be done. I’m not quite sure what I will lead when I come back, because 90% of the meetings and things that have happened usually happen, and I am not required to be there, but I have access to all of the meeting minutes, and keep in contact with the people that I need to on a daily basis. I admit that I am a little flustered, as Little by little things are changing, and I’m not sure if they will be for the better or for the worse. The church says “they want to make it easier for everybody that works with you so that they don’t have to worry about certain things“. I support this, but there are certain things that I think need to be kept – one of these is my access to computers, and having them on my desk and available. We have to make changes to the floor plan, but the thing they wanna do is make my desk really small, and then I’m not sure what I will be able to have on my desk nor will I know what size my desk is, because they aren’t even done with it yet.

add to that the fact that I haven’t been down to the church in over three months, and it’s kind of hard to have face-to-face meetings when they are not something that I am a part of. I am awaiting decisions from departments that are above me, and it kind of scares me – I used to take care of so many records, I used to be able to manage all of the documentation and what not, and now I won’t have to do as much, but I also have the church taking more control from me, so that I don’t have as much control as I once did. This scares me a little, because I don’t know what I am going to be running when I return. What I need to do, is on Monday, actually go downstairs and see what has been done, and then I guess start emailing Individuals so that I know what I’m dealing with. I support the idea that we need to make changes, but I don’t actually think that it is a good idea that we end up making changes that make technology use unnecessary, since I maintain four domains, two of which I update on a quite regular basis, while the other two I do not.

Individuals so that I know what I’m dealing with. I support the idea that we need to make changes, but I don’t actually think that it is a good idea that we end up making changes that make technology use unnecessary, since I maintain four domains, two of which I update on a “regular basis, while the other two I do not. 

I am a very patient man, and I will and have listened to a lot of differing opinions and ways of doing things. I still have the last say as to what I think will work, so most of what they have done is things that I support. However, when you haven’t worked for over two years, and you need to make changes to the way things have been going, and you are used to doing it one way, and you’re not sure how it’s going to work: meaning that I would have to ask permission for almost everything I do, where I didn’t have to in the past unless it was a certain item, this causes May concern. I have a good team, but I still wonder what I will be running when I return to work: will we be able to do the wonderful things that we have been able to do for the last 12 or 13 years, or will most of that disappear, and the only thing that we will be doing is handing things out of the back room to everybody that walks through the doors? Not sure what we will deal with, but these are concerns that I’ve had and dreams that I’ve had, and I just want to make sure that what I am running looks similar to what I left, but better than when I got there. I just hope that they don’t take all of the computers and technology away from me in my job, because that will be one thing that I will be screaming so loud that the people in MONTPELIER will be able to hear me at the Burlington international Airport! Not sure exactly what is going on, and I know I’m rambling, but when you are not sure what you will see or what you will have, it gives you pause to wonder and worry about things: I’m not too worried about the ability to do my job, as much as will I be able to do my job because what I know to be my job won’t even resemble what I’m used to: I guess we will have to wait.

baby spider boy is right: if you have unfinished business that you have to deal with, it is very hard to concentrate on what will be the future. Why did I just spew all that above? The answer is that I have those concerns myself, And it’s very hard to envision what I will deal with when I return when I have to deal with email only, and I have only one or two people that I contact, while everything else is being decided in meetings that I don’t have to be a part of: we will have to determine what it is that we will be doing, and I guess what I will have to do is to bite the bullet, and stand my ground where it is necessary, because I don’t see, and I’m not sure if I can see the road ahead, and right now it’s just something that I don’t know about. I know how to do the job the way I did it for 14 years, but I’m not sure how they want it done, and the only way for me to know that is to be able to be on the ground talking to my volunteer base and being able to determine what it is they want and what it is they do not. I just hope that when they get done, I still have the final say because that is my job as a Director: when you have responsibility of several volunteers, you always try to look out for the best interest of your volunteers, your church, your community, and your customers. that has always been what my mission has been.

in order for you to be able to move forward, you have to be able to deal with what is in your past, and in order to see your future you have to know what’s in your rearview mirror and what you were looking at. It’s almost like if you’re driving a car. You know what’s behind you because you’ve already passed it, you know what’s in front of you because you’re looking right at it, and you can see a little bit ahead of where you’re going so that you know where you are going or where your destination is.  As many of you know, I am a Christian man who believes very strongly in God: he gave me life, and he’s giving me the skills to be able to function at a higher level as I can: he gave me the smarts to be able to understand and do things that certain people may not be able to understand or be able to do, or give me the skill to be able to talk to certain individuals so that I can get what I need or explain very technical subjects to somebody in a way that makes sense to them.

I don’t want to get too religious or political here: but just to state that my faith in God hopefully will be able to set my mind at ease. When you work so hard at a job that you actually enjoy, and major changes have to happen, for whatever reason, you always wonder if you had done the right things, or if people think that you can do those things. I know that my church trusts me so that isn’t the issue, but when you see things through the rearview mirror, you’re looking at the present, and you’re not sure what the present will look like, but you can see what’s ahead of you but only a little bit, or hear what is ahead of you, it is hard to make sense of the past the present or the future. Spider boy is also correct that you cannot move forward until you deal with the demons of your past or deal with what is in front of you. What I have tried to do is not worry about things that bother me to this level, but as far as I can go I have spoken my piece to several individuals where I have concerns. Now I will have to see what they come up with!

May God give me the strength and the wisdom to be able to do what I do best to the best of my ability, and the power to be able to continue to do what I have done, and whatever modified set up they approve.

Brian

I think the church should be able to replace your computer or whatever you need if it gets broken if they can afford to do so. Churches should always be willing to do that, not making money. And if y'all are unable to have the meetings in person, why can't y'all just move them to zoom????? Church should always be a sanctuary for people that need it, ESPECIALLY in times of stress, whether you're religious or not.???☺️♥️?

2 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

I think the church should be able to replace your computer or whatever you need if it gets broken if they can afford to do so. Churches should always be willing to do that, not making money. And if y'all are unable to have the meetings in person, why can't y'all just move them to zoom????? Church should always be a sanctuary for people that need it, ESPECIALLY in times of stress, whether you're religious or not.???☺️♥️?

This is why I will be sending an email this weekend: I cannot afford to have it where we have a website that is functioning, but my main computer dies that I carry with me every day. With the way computers are today, it is hard to determine how long they will last, but I will not be without one should it be necessary, and my work machine will not be my desktop machine from my house!

By the way, I did have and have had a couple of meetings via Zoom. Right now, there are discussions about how they want to do whatever they want to do, as well as when they think we oughta be able to open, and they will also help us determine how they want us to track things. I still have an ace up my sleeve, and I will use it if and when I need it, because I have been able to prove my ability to do really good work, and maintain awesome websites, And all they do is pay for my websites and my email.  

When you are as technology minded as I am, you want your own computer. It would be like being in your own bed, or driving your own favorite car, or wearing your favorite clothes. This way, you can personalize your computer and make it your own, or like you’re own, and use it To make it easier to do your job. I have no objection to them changing what they want me to follow or focus on, but to take away computers and not replace them it’s kind of stupid.

Brian

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@JP403 @BabySpiderBoy

We have been running since 2009, so there have been things that we have changed including who is in church. I am supposed to be the executive Director, and leader of this ministry, and it is kind of hard to be a leader of something when you are not sure what you will be leading, or how it will be done. I’m not quite sure what I will lead when I come back, because 90% of the meetings and things that have happened usually happen, and I am not required to be there, but I have access to all of the meeting minutes, and keep in contact with the people that I need to on a daily basis. I admit that I am a little flustered, as Little by little things are changing, and I’m not sure if they will be for the better or for the worse. The church says “they want to make it easier for everybody that works with you so that they don’t have to worry about certain things“. I support this, but there are certain things that I think need to be kept – one of these is my access to computers, and having them on my desk and available. We have to make changes to the floor plan, but the thing they wanna do is make my desk really small, and then I’m not sure what I will be able to have on my desk nor will I know what size my desk is, because they aren’t even done with it yet.

Brian

wow that was a lot to try and process!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JP403 said:

It's okay buddy, take your time! I wish I could talk to you more. I missed you! Love you buddy!♥️??☺️?♥️?☺️?♥️?

8 hours ago, JP403 said:

@JP403

Yes: when you were unsure of what the future brings, you end up dreaming about it or are you think about it, and you probably wish certain things will happen. In my case, I’m not even sure what the present will bring, because I haven’t been down to my office in so long. Case in point, I don’t even have a desk to sit at right now until I get down there and find out exactly what has been done.

As @BabySpiderBoysays, it is hard to focus on the present if you’re worried about the past, and it is hard to think about the future when you’re not even sure about the present. Big changes cause you to wonder sometimes, and that is where I’m at at this point. But he is right when he says that you can’t Focus on current stuff if you’re worried about the past – it can be done but it is very hard to focus, and with all the stuff that’s happened since 2020, I wouldn’t blame you if you found that it was hard for you to focus.

Hopefully soon, you’ll be able to find a way to finish Your outstanding “business” so that you can now focus on things that you need to. It’s hard sometimes, so don’t feel bad if it takes a little bit longer, or if you’re not sure about the roadmap – it will come to you eventually, or you will be able to know it when you see it or feel it.

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@JP403

Yes: when you were unsure of what the future brings, you end up dreaming about it or are you think about it, and you probably wish certain things will happen. In my case, I’m not even sure what the president will bring, because I haven’t been down to my office in so long. Case in point, I don’t even have a desk to sit at right now until I get down there and find out exactly what has been done.

As @BabySpiderBoysays, it is hard to focus on the present if you’re worried about the past, and it is hard to think about the future when you’re not even sure about the present. Big changes cause you to wonder sometimes, and that is where I’m at at this point. But he is right when he says that you can’t Focus on current stuff if you’re worried about the past – it can be done but it is very hard to focus, and with all the stuff that’s happened since 2020, I wouldn’t blame you if you found that it was hard for you to focus.

Hopefully soon, you’ll be able to find a way to finish Your outstanding “business” so that you can now focus on things that you need to. It’s hard sometimes, so don’t feel bad if it takes a little bit longer, or if you’re not sure about the roadmap – it will come to you eventually, or you will be able to know it when you see it or feel it.

Good Luck!

Brian

Well said, Brian!??☺️???♥️????♥️☺️??

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

This is why I will be sending an email this weekend: I cannot afford to have it where we have a website that is functioning, but my main computer dies that I carry with me every day. With the way computers are today, it is hard to determine how long they will last, but I will not be without one should it be necessary, and my work machine will not be my desktop machine from my house!

By the way, I did have and have had a couple of meetings via Zoom. Right now, there are discussions about how they want to do whatever they want to do, as well as when they think we oughta be able to open, and they will also help us determine how they want us to track things. I still have an ace up my sleeve, and I will use it if and when I need it, because I have been able to prove my ability to do really good work, and maintain awesome websites, And all they do is pay for my websites and my email.  

When you are as technology minded as I am, you want your own computer. It would be like being in your own bed, or driving your own favorite car, or wearing your favorite clothes. This way, you can personalize your computer and make it your own, or like you’re own, and use it To make it easier to do your job. I have no objection to them changing what they want me to follow or focus on, but to take away computers and not replace them it’s kind of stupid.

Brian

@BabySpiderBoy @DailyDi

This morning I picked up my phone, and I emailed one of my colleagues at the church: she is very well-versed in technology and works for a local university here, so she deals with finance and a lot of numbers and uses computers to do her work and it is vital for her work as well. I asked her to consider that whatever the church decides to do, that they do not remove technology, mainly my computers from my workspace. I told her that most people that work under me probably would be doing the customer Service side, but I’m the one that’s going to be dealing with numbers and reports when necessary. Told her that it was a flat unequivocal absolute NO if they’re going to remove technology from my workspace. Told her that I’ve been using computers for over 30 years and hopefully this will result in my fears being laid to rest. I trust my team and the people I work with, so I don’t believe that my requests will go unheeded  or unheard, but I wanted to make sure that my feelings were made known to at least two people.

I have faith that God will give me the strength and the ability and the technology necessary to do my job to the level that I am used to. If you were a  webmaster wake Mikey is, you would not take away technology from him so that he cannot do his websites or maintain his servers, because without that technology he cannot function either. I basically equated this to somebody deciding that my wheelchair or my crutches or any of my Devices I use for communication and mobility were “not necessary” and they take it away from me, making it harder for me to work or function as I normally would. Computers have a place in all settings, it just matters how or how often or why they are used. Computers help me make professional looking documents or proposals or to be able to send or receive and respond to emails or website requests. I think I will be able to nail this one down if I’m able to determine that we have an understanding that they will help me if technology dies by authorizing me to be able to get appropriate upgrades or replacement technology. I have confidence that this will be a good thing, so I’m not too worried now that I have sent Such an email.

• Like 1